Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:16:43 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Sad Dog Movie, Need Help With Title « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sad Dog Movie, Need Help With Title  (Read 6313 times)
Travis
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:19:55 AM »

Hi I've just remebered a movie I watched years ago when I was younger, and it was a movie I just loved. I can't remember exactly how it all went but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it tons.

I know there's the classics like Old Yeller and stuff, but I'm not sure this is the movie I'm looking for. I don't think its Where The Red Fern Grows either etc.

The movie was about some family living on a farm. Did alot of farming. Had a wheat (?) field or some sort of field. Tractors and all. They went to town at times with the dog (it was I believe a golden colour) always picked up lunch meat. Always fed the dog nicely while there. The lady (mom, daughter?) always talked to the butcher shop owner for a bit If I remember.

Then I remember the dad or son or some guy was out on the field working with the tractor and got his hand stuck in the tractor. Badly injured himself, I can't remember much other than the fact something bad had happened while out there.

I also recall that the neighbour (?) I believe had put poison in the yard, because the dog was doing something, or maybe it was a different animal or such. The dog had found it eventually and ate it, eventually was sick and didn't survive.

Here's a start I hope, if anyone has an idea what it might be, let me know I'll do some research and see if its the one. Or if your puzzled like me but think you know the movie I'm thinking of, help give me information about what happened and hopefully we can solve it. I really want to remember this movie, I'm sure it was one I really loved.

Thanks again,
Travis.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »

The movie was about some family living on a farm. Did alot of farming. Had a wheat (?) field or some sort of field. Tractors and all. They went to town at times with the dog (it was I believe a golden colour) always picked up lunch meat. Always fed the dog nicely while there. The lady (mom, daughter?) always talked to the butcher shop owner for a bit If I remember.

That's one of the Benji movies.  I don't remember which one, but I saw it in the theater.

I also recall that the neighbour (?) I believe had put poison in the yard, because the dog was doing something, or maybe it was a different animal or such. The dog had found it eventually and ate it, eventually was sick and didn't survive.

I don't recall Benji eating poison and dying, though.   Buggedout

EDIT: I thought it was a Benji movie but none of the plot summaries on Wikipedia or the IMDB seem to match.  I do know that I saw it in the theater.  Hmm ...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:27:26 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Travis
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

I am almost positive that someone had placed something near the house, whether on purpose or not that the dog ate. I don't know if it was poison or what it was, but I know it was not good, and I'm pretty sure the dog never made it for long.

This movie was made before 2000 I'm sure. I'd say it would be roughly in the 1990s somewhere.

Maybe I'll take a look at the benji movies.

Anyone else has any ideas or recognition of what I'm thinking of, please let me know.

Thanks!
Travis
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:19:39 PM »

I did some looking about the Benji movies and I'm not quite sure it's the movie I'm looking for. The name is familiar, and maybe I've watched them when I was younger, so it is confusing. I dunno not knowing is starting to really bother me.

I will continue to keep looking for the movie and hopefully be able to pick it out soon. Thanks to anyone who can provide me with any help.

Travis.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »

That sounds like SHILOH or SHILOH 2 or SAVING SHILOH...I seen it loong ago with my kids...but can't remember which one it is!

Small | Large

Mebbe not...if it had a bug eyed monster in it,it would be easier... Bluesad
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:47:18 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Travis
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »

Hmm..
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:19:24 PM »

It's not one of the Shiloh movies, you can be sure of that.  Shiloh doesn't die.  That's about all of the help I can give.
Travis
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »

Yeah I'm pretty sure the dog either dies or gets really sick. Like I said I can't remember but something happens. I remember watching it and the dog had ate something it shouldn't have, whether the "posion I'll call it" was placed intentially for the dog or not. I'm pretty sure they found the dog lying somewhere, either sick or dead. This is driving me crazy! Hahaha
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Sad Dog Movie, Need Help With Title « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.