Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:31:19 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  80s sci-fi action, cyborg movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 80s sci-fi action, cyborg movie  (Read 4967 times)
cward91279
New Visitor

« on: April 22, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »

Question OK in the summer of 1987 i when to the movies with my summercamp and watch this movie, but now i can not remember its name.

Here is what i remember about it(some variation is expected from actual film)

In this movie the planet its taking place on is inhabited by humans on one side and monsters on the other. the monsters are constantly attacking. they capture humans and take them back to their side of the planet where the are brainwashed to join the badguys by a woman with eyes in the palm of her hands. A young man (a police like person, i think) goes to a scientist friend (after the woman he loves is captured, i think) and gives him self to be transformed into a cyborg the this is done on a table with a only the friend there. the resulting cyborg form is a red and black leather covered robotic man that can shift back to his human form at will. he then proceeds to infiltrate the enemy. at one point he is thrown or pushed into a hole (in human form) and then transforms and grabs the wall the jumps out.

OK this is the best i can do right now.  Question  Bluesad I'm pretty sure  it was 87 be cause there was a life size cardboard ad for revenge of the nerds 2 in the lobby.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

This sounds like it could be "The Super Inframan" aka "Infra-Man" (1975).  Here is a review that might help to verify if it is your mystery film:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/inframan/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
cward91279
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:39:08 AM »

OK, It seem like that might be the oringanal version BUT i was not born yet in 75 so either you got the year wrong or there was a remake 11-12 years later. released in the us
cward91279
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »

but then again it may have taken that long to be released in the us
Tenguzame
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »

I agree with Andrew, that really does sound like Infra-Man, the character She-Demon has eyes in the palms of her clawed hands, and they do brainwash some of the good guys. Great costumed/kaiju flick with all the elements that make this genre so fun to watch. Despite losing the widescreen format of the recent DVD release "The Super Inframan", the VHS "Infra-Man" version has some of the most hilariously enthusiastic dubbing I've ever heard. All the mutants have great over the top voices, and who could ever forget a villainess like Princess Dragon Mom.

Its possible this could have been shown in some theaters as a revival in '87, but the original was definitely put out in 1975.

Is there a choice between a painless surrender death, and the horror of resistence death? Show Yourselves! - Ro-man
cward91279
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »

anyone have a copy of this vhs or dvd i can dload
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »

I believe you are in the US.  If you have a Netflix account, it's probably available via them.  If not, it is currently available from places like Amazon.com for pretty cheap. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  80s sci-fi action, cyborg movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.