Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:46:52 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The upcoming Alice in Wonderland movie: do you think it'll be worth watching? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The upcoming Alice in Wonderland movie: do you think it'll be worth watching?  (Read 4104 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:28:45 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

A little background background:

Tim Burton directs

Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter
Anne Hathaway as The White Queen
Helena Bonham Carter as The Red Queen
Alan Rickman as The Caterpillar
Crispin Glover as The Knave of Hearts
Christopher Lee as The Jabberwocky
Timothy Spall as The Bloodhound

Alice is played by Mia Waskiowska (the only movie she was in previously that I recognize was Rogue)

I think it has potential.  They definitely have the right lineup and director, but this could go horribly wrong.  Tim Burton is a great choice to some, and a blight to others.  The Planet of the Apes remake definitely had potential, but failed to please ultimately. 

I suppose time will tell, that and a trailer.  The film is slated for next year, and that means we may see something on it later this year. 
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »

I've not been much interested in Tim Burton's movies since Mars Attacks and I'm getting tired of quirky Johnny Depp characters, too.  I'll probably wait until the $2.00 theater for this one.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:17:09 PM »

Not really looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be a fine movie. I'm just kind of getting tired of the Burton/Depp collaborations.
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

It'll be worth it for the visuals alone.  Gothic Alice will look fantastic. 

For me, Tim Burton is one of the most consistent directors.  I've liked all of his films except for Planet of the Apes.  Though for some reason I still haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

I love ALICE IN WONDERLAND when I think it's done right, with the mildest hint of danger and darkness.  Most ALICES are too sweet.  I think Burton can set the right tone.  I'll check the reviews first, but this is something I'm likely to enjoy.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

Wasn't Sarah Michelle Gellar supposed to play Alice in a live action Alice In Wonderland?
Whatever happened to that?
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »

Honestly Tim Burton films haven't run their gambit with me.  I'm tired of the gothy take on crap.   As much as I like Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, theres no way I'll intake this. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »

Cast looks great.  Crispin Glover is brilliant, as is Depp, Rickman and Carter.  Only Burton flick I didn't like was Apes, but that's more of my just utter hatred for the original carrying over.

Wasn't Sarah Michelle Gellar supposed to play Alice in a live action Alice In Wonderland?
Whatever happened to that?
She was, but that's Hollywood.  New producers come in, change scripts, fire actors, hire directors.  Then the director fires the producer, re-hires the old writers, etc.  It's a drawn out process.  It wouldn't shock me if this new Burton version is the one she was hired to be in, but through that series of events, she was fired.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 06:34:49 AM »

Not sure on this once.  It could be interesting if the film was done as another animated film.  I'm not sure if I would like something live action mainly because of the so fake looking CGI.

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

I think this movie well be decent at least. Tim Burton has kinda declined lately with his movies but I have a good feeling about this movie, Alice in Wonderland is a very Burtonisque story.

Smells like popcorn and shame
peter johnson

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 11:17:06 AM »

The Burton I'm really looking forward to is "9" -- I saw the 3-D trailer for it when I went to see "Coraline", and I've never seen such weirdness.  Looks like a graphic novel come to life --

I'll have to see "Alice" by myself, I'm sure, as the wife can't stand Lewis Carolle -- thinks reading his work is supporting paedophilia --

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »

With Tim Burton directing, I have high hopes for this one being really cool.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »

Definitely worth watching for me. Great story, great director, great cast. Can't go wrong...

.. there, I've said it. A funny nagging sensation starts in the guts that I might be wrong all along...

... we'll see.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The upcoming Alice in Wonderland movie: do you think it'll be worth watching? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.