Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:51:42 PM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you  (Read 25647 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »

I just came up with some more and most of them are from my Video Game Review Month.

With DOA: Dead or Alive, when Max had to figure out a Slider puzzle in order to break into a vault, it kind of ruined the mood for me.

With Pokemon: The First Movie, it when the Pokemon start cry and somehow that turns Ash back to normal.  It bugged me.  That and the unplesant nature of the film in general.

Then there was Street Fighter where the final fight scenes were very poorly edited.

Moral Kombat 2 I already explained, but I might as well throw out the part with the horrible CGI fight between Khan and Liu when they go all monster.  It was just terrible.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »

When the aliens appear in EXPLORERS. I was really enjoying that one up until then. Very disappointing reveal.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »

That film lost me when they killed Johnny Cage...or perhaps I when I noticed 3 of the 4 main players didn't come back for the sequel. 

When I noticed that 75% of the main characters from the previous film were replaced, it was lost to me as well.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 06:34:31 AM »

When the aliens appear in EXPLORERS. I was really enjoying that one up until then. Very disappointing reveal.

Oh man. I'd forgotten about that one. The movie goes along nicely as a childish fantasy that takes itself somewhat seriously and isn't that hard to swallow, then suddenly turns to outright cartoon silliness at the climax. Dumb. I liked the movie in general, but that part just blew it.

Reminded me of Contact. Long, fairly dry movie with some interesting ideas and a few cool moments. Started out well, then gradually ran out of steam. I watched it plod along in good faith, expecting some kind of payoff in the end. What happens? Sweet diddly. The alien appears as her father and answers none of her questions, she returns home empty-handed. Nice little message about faith, but not worth sitting through two and a half hours of pretentious BS.

Actually, I'm not sure what the aim of this thread is. Is it about otherwise-good movies that are ruined by a single scene, or about one scene being the last straw in an otherwise mediocre movie? Two different things, I think.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »

Actually, I'm not sure what the aim of this thread is. Is it about otherwise-good movies that are ruined by a single scene, or about one scene being the last straw in an otherwise mediocre movie? Two different things, I think.

I kind of started it to be about bad movies that are tolerable up until a certain scene that completely ruins it and makes you regret being so patient with it up until that point.  But, pretty much any movie that has a "Okay, that's it.  I'm outta here." scene is fine  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:50 AM »

The Lost World: Jurrasic Park
When the T-Rex breaks loose in a city, I saw that the script writers had stopped reading the source material and jsut finished the rest by watching Carnasaur. I was in the theater when I saw this and walked out asking for a refund.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 08:23:28 AM »

Then there was Street Fighter where the final fight scenes were very poorly edited.
For me the film went south when JCVD said something like "I have something for Bison" and gave the f-you arm symbol on the newscast.   Then again, I think they lost me when they said Shadowloo was a city.   Question 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »

The Lost World: Jurrasic Park
When the T-Rex breaks loose in a city, I saw that the script writers had stopped reading the source material and jsut finished the rest by watching Carnasaur. I was in the theater when I saw this and walked out asking for a refund.

Oh yes, that movie was a huge disappointment. I read the book, and was actually looking forward to it. Besides skipping over most of the intelligent stuff, and making up their own bits, the writers also kept recycling scenes from the first novel that didn't get used in Jurassic Park. It's one thing to cut material to fit a movie format, but to make room for scenes from an entirely different book? Hard for me to say what the defining "OK, this is crap" moment was for me, since I was asking WTF? for most of the movie.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

Star Wars, Episode 1 - The minute Jar Jar arrived.

For me its the moment Anakin arrived.

Star Wars, Episode 2 - The minute Anakin and Padme head to Naboo.

The moment when they were talking about the first kiss? She was 16 and he was 8?

Star Wars, Episode 3 - The minute Anakin and Padme had any dialog.

Fighting on a pool of lava... Boring!

Star Wars, Episode 6 - The minute the Ewoks arrived. 

Me too!!!
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »

Quote from: The DarkSider on April 26, 2009, 07:48:11 PM

For me its the moment Anakin arrived.

If Jar Jar didn't get me, "Little Annie" would have.  He kind of fired the last shot on a semi-destroyed vessel of a plot.

The moment when they were talking about the first kiss? She was 16 and he was 8?
I have to say the train almost went off the tracks for me when he said, "You too have grown, only you have grown more beautiful..."  I was willing to forgive a lot until they got on that train for Naboo then forget it.  George Lucas can't write dialog, he just can't.   Hatred
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:35:24 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 03:08:11 PM »

You know that movie where Harvey Keitel is naked and waddling around like a baby?

No?

Well if you ever catch it on cable while surfing through channels I guarantee- once your eye sight returns and your stomache stops dry heaving- that scene will ruin ever wanting to watch that movie.

Just thinking about it. .

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »

I didn't lose it then.  What got me was every scene on Corusant.  Very boring.

That got me there, along with every scene on Naboo, and when Anakin went to find his mother.

Star Wars, Episode 3 - The minute Anakin and Padme had any dialog.

I got taken out of the movie more when I saw Anakin kill those kids with his lightsaber.

Star Wars, Episode 6 - The minute the Ewoks arrived. 

I didn't get lost there.  Heck, nothing from that movie really got me lost.

In a matter of fact, none of the things I said really ruined the movie for me, they just brought the fun or excitement value down to zero before it shot back up for the action scenes.

Since I'm here anyways, I might as well bring up another one.  Any of you have moments from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?  There are tons of moments that stopped my enjoyment in the movie for a while.  The biggest one I can think of came when I saw the kid swinging in the trees with the monkeys and everything.  Luckily, the scene with the ants brought me some enjoyment again after that horrorific sight.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »

Since I'm here anyways, I might as well bring up another one.  Any of you have moments from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?  There are tons of moments that stopped my enjoyment in the movie for a while.  The biggest one I can think of came when I saw the kid swinging in the trees with the monkeys and everything.  Luckily, the scene with the ants brought me some enjoyment again after that horrorific sight.
You know, funny you mention this movie.  I got it in the other day and found even after the first scene in the warehouse, I wasn't feeling it.   Yes it was a well shot movie here and there but Harrison Ford, IMHO, has devolved as an actor the past ten years.  Where at one point he could make Indy a fascinating character with simple mannerisms and expressions, I simply couldn't buy into him in this film.  Hell, I couldn't even suspend disbelief for the stuntmen.  As for monkeys and furry animals...Lucas is to thank for that BS. 

DarkSider's Realm

Skull
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 07:19:50 AM »

I havent seen Crystal Skull yet. From what I'd been hearing Indy seems too old and the cold war story is 20 years too late for it to be fun. I also think I need to be in the mood to suspend reality for it to work.

When Anakin went back to find his mother, I was thinking why is Anakin's mother still a slave? And then I was thinking Anakin saved everybody's ass in ep1 and his mother is still a slave? And if you follow Queen Padmé Amidala character in the first movie you would then realize that she wouldnt feel comfortable knowing that Anakins mother is still a slave after all Anakin did save her PLANET.

The only shocking idea that I could assume that would make sense is Amidala is the dark side designed to find and seduce the chosen one. It would be the second most shocking sceen since Empire Stikes Back and I really thought this is how the 2 stories are made... sadly i didnt happen that way... :(

But I guess I have a better imagination then Lukas...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »

The ending of The Mist Thumbdown

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.