Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:54:04 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you  (Read 25448 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »

The only shocking idea that I could assume that would make sense is Amidala is the dark side designed to find and seduce the chosen one. It would be the second most shocking sceen since Empire Stikes Back and I really thought this is how the 2 stories are made... sadly i didnt happen that way... :(

But I guess I have a better imagination then Lukas...

That would have been sooooooooooo much better than what was in the movie.   TeddyR 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 01:33:19 PM »

In Transformers; the very first scene that ran like a commercial-- I think it was for the Camaro, but the Mountain Dew Bot really ruined it for me, it was so far from redemption.

The Wizard of Gore when we find out the whole movie was "All an illusion" -- what a cop-out!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »

The Wizard of Gore when we find out the whole movie was "All an illusion" -- what a cop-out!

Especially after throwing in all sorts of random nonsensical stuff we naturally assumed was going to get explained. Sure, steal the bodies and carry them into the mysterious building. It doesn't matter why, because it's all an illusion. Still, a cheesy ending suits a cheesy movie.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pilgermann

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »

In Transformers; the very first scene that ran like a commercial-- I think it was for the Camaro, but the Mountain Dew Bot really ruined it for me, it was so far from redemption.

I don't know at what point I decided I hated that movie, but I know that when it was close to the end, I said aloud to myself, "What the hell is this?"  I am completely baffled as to why people love that horrible movie.

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »

Especially after throwing in all sorts of random nonsensical stuff we naturally assumed was going to get explained. Sure, steal the bodies and carry them into the mysterious building. It doesn't matter why, because it's all an illusion. Still, a cheesy ending suits a cheesy movie.

It had potential to be cheesy but with a decent story-line/ concept.

Quote from:  Pilgermann
I don't know at what point I decided I hated that movie, but I know that when it was close to the end, I said aloud to myself, "What the hell is this?"  I am completely baffled as to why people love that horrible movie.

Not to mention how the lead characters voice kept breaking-- how could the directors not catch that one? I also loved how the chick he was after looked almost 30, when he was 15-16. What a piece of crap that was.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
BTM

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »

and there but Harrison Ford, IMHO, has devolved as an actor the past ten years. 

He's devolved as a symbol of manliness as well.  First he's getting an earring then he has his chest waxed to protest global deforestation (I am NOT making that up.)

Oh, Ford, what happened to you?

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 07:20:56 PM »

When Anakin went back to find his mother, I was thinking why is Anakin's mother still a slave? And then I was thinking Anakin saved everybody's ass in ep1 and his mother is still a slave? And if you follow Queen Padmé Amidala character in the first movie you would then realize that she wouldnt feel comfortable knowing that Anakins mother is still a slave after all Anakin did save her PLANET.

The only shocking idea that I could assume that would make sense is Amidala is the dark side designed to find and seduce the chosen one. It would be the second most shocking sceen since Empire Strikes Back and I really thought this is how the 2 stories are made... sadly i didnt happen that way... :(

And what's REALLY crazy is how if you point this out on a Star Wars chat board, you'll get people rabidly DEFENDING the film, and "explaining" away all the plot holes and the gaping leaps of logic.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »

For me it was Shia Lebouf's arrival. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »

I was enjoying Superbad until the two cops arrived.
I simply could not suspend my disbelief that those two cops would act the way they did in that movie.
Drinking on the job?  Yeah, right.
Driving the police cruiser and shining their flashlights on each other like a couple of dumb kids.  Don't think so.
Shooting at stop signs and then letting McLovin give it a try.  No way!

The inclusion of those cops in that film just smacked of bad writing on the screenwriter's part and totally ruined what could have been a great movie.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »

I simply could not suspend my disbelief that those two cops would act the way they did in that movie.
Driving the police cruiser and shining their flashlights on each other like a couple of dumb kids.  Don't think so.
Shooting at stop signs and then letting McLovin give it a try.  No way!

I think the fact that police officers wouldn't act like that in real life is why I found them to be quite funny.  Though the movie was good but not as good as others make it out to be.
Raffine

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »

I watched bits of THE BIRDS again last night for the umpteenth time and noticed a couple of moments, that while not ruining the film for me, certainly took me out of 'the moment'. One I only just last night noticed how awkward it was and the other had bugged me for years.

The first odd moment comes during the classroom scene where Suzanne Pleshette spots the gathering crows and announces to her class they are going to have a fire drill and leave school and they are to run home. As she announces this the kids ask in unison "FIRE DRILL?" "LEAVE SCHOOL?" "RUN HOME?".   Lookingup

The second bit has bugged me for years: it's during the seagull attack on the town when 'Tippi' Hedren watches the progress of the fire along the trail of gasoline to the gaspump. There are three cuts to Hedren, each with a different expression of concern/shock on her face. I think it's supposed to be something of a 'Hitchcock Moment' but it comes off really artificially and laughable.

Still - I do love THE BIRDS. It was my grandmother's favorite movie!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

For me it was Shia Lebouf's arrival. 

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jim H

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 05:09:31 PM »

Think maybe you just haven't known enough police officers...  Especially the former.  Just a little while ago ago, one of the local city cops here finally got fired after they found him drunk and passed out in his patrol car.  I might add this was far from the first time either.
Tenguzame
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 12:25:20 AM »

When Anakin went back to find his mother, I was thinking why is Anakin's mother still a slave? And then I was thinking Anakin saved everybody's ass in ep1 and his mother is still a slave? And if you follow Queen Padmé Amidala character in the first movie you would then realize that she wouldnt feel comfortable knowing that Anakins mother is still a slave after all Anakin did save her PLANET.

The only shocking idea that I could assume that would make sense is Amidala is the dark side designed to find and seduce the chosen one. It would be the second most shocking sceen since Empire Strikes Back and I really thought this is how the 2 stories are made... sadly i didnt happen that way... :(

And what's REALLY crazy is how if you point this out on a Star Wars chat board, you'll get people rabidly DEFENDING the film, and "explaining" away all the plot holes and the gaping leaps of logic.

You know I love Star Wars as much as the next guy, saw the original 9 times that first year, my youth revolved around the original trilogy yadda...yadda... but there is just something about these last three movies that gets under my skin. I don't mind all the convoluted political machinations, and huge sprawling cities because face it in the original trilogy all we saw of the universe was the boonies, but there was just some details I couldn't overlook. The unequivocal damage done by Jar-Jar, and the stupid introduction of midiclorians do not need to be expanded on any further by me.

I 'get' that George Lucas has a fascination with retro sci-fi stuff, but the anachronism of the robots saying 'roger roger' all the time annoyed me. That half the time the heroes got out of a jam due to some accidental goofs by R2-D2, C-3PO. or Jar-Jar was plain awful, and the thing about Anakin's mother still being a slave all that time was preposterous, Amidala could have loaned him the cash to get her out of hock.

I thought at the end of the third one that Anakin ironically did indeed fufill his purpose as the chosen one, the Jedi had become too powerful and complacent, by helping to destroy them he was bringing about this balance to the Force, evening the playing field if you will. No, that is not the case as explained by many a fanboy. The Dark Side is considered an aberration of the Force, and Anakin did not bring about the true balance until he killed the Emperor at the end of Jedi ending the Sith. This explanation does make sense, but it smacks of some moral grandstanding on Lucas' part regarding his creatons.

I watched Star Wars: A New Hope last week for the first time in a decade, and it occurred to me that it is not a movie that George Lucas would have made now. There is something distinctly '70s about his style then, and any attempts to replicate that with all his greenscreen acting would have come off as well Episode 1  Bluesad
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:29:00 AM by Tenguzame » Logged

Is there a choice between a painless surrender death, and the horror of resistence death? Show Yourselves! - Ro-man
Jim H

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 01:18:45 AM »

There is something distinctly '70s about his style then

Yeah, it has to do with the direction of the performance, the clear weight of the film (back when most of the sets were real), the much lower budget nature of the production, and just differing standards.  Lucas is one of a number of directors who changed as time went by - and not for the better.  He also could not make American Graffiti (a period piece, even when he made it over 35 years ago) now either, at least not nearly as well. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.