Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:55:11 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you  (Read 25437 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »

I don't know where it happened, but I can give a list of moments in Raggedy Ann and Andy that made me go crazy either way and took me completely out of the movie.
Moments include:
+ Anytime the twin brown dolls appeared
+ The Camel's weird mindtrips in which I think he sees toy camel heaven
+ Every single moment with Greedy
+ The appearance of Sir Leonard Looney and everytime he talks
+ The entrance trip into Looney Land
+ The appearance of the laughing Jack-In-A-Boxes
+ The fact when King Koo Koo laughes, something on him gets bigger
+ The pie fight
+ And when King Koo Koo says, "Ready... Aim... TICKLE!"

These moments really took me out of the movie and made me feel insane.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »

In Transformers; the very first scene that ran like a commercial-- I think it was for the Camaro, but the Mountain Dew Bot really ruined it for me, it was so far from redemption.

For me it was Shia Lebouf's arrival. 

For me, it was the scene where Shia was trying to get the glasses and the autobots where outside his house just walking around. NOBODY NOTICES THEM! Come to think of it, there where a few other scenes like that.  Why was it so hard to miss the giant robots?

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:14 AM »

For me, it was the scene where Shia was trying to get the glasses and the autobots where outside his house just walking around. NOBODY NOTICES THEM! Come to think of it, there where a few other scenes like that.  Why was it so hard to miss the giant robots?

That's the scene that that let me know, in no uncertain terms, that I was watching a kiddy movie.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 08:39:25 AM »

A lot of people have really turned on Transformers, I've noticed.  I'm no big fan of Michael Bay, but I'm still able to forget about the "dumb" things in this movie, and enjoy it just for what it is.  If that makes me some kind of brainless moron, then so be it.   TeddyR

As for George Lucas, the guy's completely lost in his technology.  When he created the original trilogy, he at least had some elements of his storytelling ability left.  Plus, he had Irvin Kirshner and Richard Marquand to take over on directing in two of the movies, and fix the dialogue when it needed fixing.  That's something that hurt big time when George refused to give up the directing reins on the prequels.

Plus, I knew from day one that Lucas should have never made Episodes 1-3, for this simple reason...PREQUELS NEVER WORK!  When I know what's ultimately going to happen to a character in the future, it really takes away a lot of the drama for me.  This is also why I'm hesitant to see Wolverine, and Terminator: Salvation.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 03:25:12 PM »

There are a lot of movies that I enjoy that have individual scenes that I think take away from the movie.

Midnight Meat Train - Loved the movie, but didn't like actually seeing the monsters.  If only the ending left a little more to the imagination.

28 Days Later - That obnoxious freeze-frame as they hit the gate during the big escape at the end.  Again, I loved this movie... I just wish I could excise the "crash" and the freeze frame. 

Troma's War - Senior Sida and the AIDS Brigade... poor taste even for a Troma movie, especially the rape scene.  I like the rest of Troma's War (as stupid as it is).  If not for this bit, I think it would be my favorite Lloyd Kaufman movie.

Come to think of it, a lot of rape scenes.  The rape scene in Frankenstein Must be Destroyed was just plain out of character, and did nothing to advance the plot.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 09:10:48 PM »

The ending of Signs

The whole water melts the aliens was just stupid.  And I think it helped pigeon-hole M.Night (I'm not even going to bother trying to spell his last name) into making movies with twists at the end. 

Personally, I might have ended the movie where Phoniex comes out of the basement and tells everyone they could come upstairs.  I know it might have been a bit of a cop out-but then it would leave the audience wondering just what the world was like now after the alien invasion.

Gamera 3 Revenge of Iris  where it was revealed that Gyaos was responsible for the one girl's parents death instead of Gamera like she believed.  I mentioned this in another thread but I thought it weakened the story.   

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 01:16:25 AM »

April Fool's Day- The ending...

Jeepers Creepers- The whole kung-fu-over-the-car scene.  It just felt so silly and out of place.

Spider-Man 3- The dance scene. Again, out of place.

The Outing- Actually seeing the djinn.

Balls of Fury- Just before the protagonist goes to face The Dragon, and everyone's all "we have faith in you," when they were just bashing him a scene ago.  There didn't seem to be any build to them having faith in him; one minute they hate his guts, next minute he's their only hope.  Lame...

Star Wars Episode 2- The completely unbelievable "I love you" sequence.  I didn't buy it for a minute.

R-Point- The long, boring middle that consisted of different shots of the soldiers looking around and saying things here and there.  Nearly put me to sleep.

Ultraviolet- The graveyard fight scene when the guy says, "Are you serious?" in the most over-expressed voice I've ever heard.  I turned the movie off after that, and gave it to a friend who actually enjoyed it.

Night Train to Terror- Any scene with the band. 

Killing Birds- The out of place 80's montage. 
Steve V.
Dedicated Viewer

Too Sweet to be Sour

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »

Visiting Hours is a pretty good movie, and I do like it by the way, but there was one scene that told me “okay, this isn’t gonna be that good” and IT WASN’T when Michael Ironside showed up at the hospital dressed up like a member Creamy Hank’s Gay Leather Patrol. It was the scene where Ironside gets his knife stolen by the final girl.

If there’s one thing a slasher shouldn’t do, it would be that.

Another was the Mist. When the guy ties a rope around his torso to go outside and tells Ms. Carnby or whatever the heck her name is about believing in God, but not believing in the same tyrannical way she does. I KNEW he’d be killed and that set up the whole moral tone of the movie, which p**sed me off to no end.

Very few movies get to me like that, but this one did AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »

Killing Birds- The out of place 80's montage. 

There is no such thing  Wink
Any 80's montage is a great montage.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

Chuck Norris' movie Code of Silence. I was so excited when it filmed here in Chicago years ago, because Chuck was coming to my town. They seemed to want to make a gritty, somewhat authentic crime drama like the type common in the 70's. Chuck's fighting prowess was dialed down, it was shot in Chicago and many of the actors were actual Chicago cops, or retired cops. I thought for sure Chuck was going to make a real crime movie and not a martial arts slaughter fest, although I love those too.
   Then they brought in the robot. A robot! Hatred WTF! Could you imagine a robot in Serpico or The French Connection or even Fuzz? What happened? Was it some knuckle-headed studio executive who thought a robot was needed to drive ticket sales! Damn, every time that robot is on the screen it's like a dagger thru my heart.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2009, 01:00:10 AM »

Night Train to Terror- Any scene with the band. 

I would have to say any scenes without the band and their painfully catchy song.
"Everybody's got something to do, Everybody but you!"
BTM

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »

You know, I really liked The Frighteners, but I just freaking HATED that part right after the bad guys get their punishment and we turn to whatshisname (70s Black Dude), who just has to ruin it with one of the lamest dialog deliveries ever.

And for that matter, where's the Judge?  Wouldn't he be in heaven as well?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:51:17 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2009, 08:36:36 PM »

Beware! The Blob: The scene where the Blob kills and eats the little kitten.  That was cruel and mean.  That kitten was so cute.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »

And for that matter, where's the Judge?  Wouldn't he be in heaven as well?

Actually, you get the answer to that in the special edition... Apparently in deleted scenes Judge "survives" getting sliced, momentarily saves Frank in the graveyard, and at the end decides to travel the globe with his ghost dog (Another extended-edition exclusive, if I remember correctly).

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »

Terminator 3

"Talk to the hand"

Yeah, that's it.   Thumbdown

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.