Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:41:39 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you  (Read 25457 times)
ZorakTheMusician
Dedicated Viewer

That's unlikely.

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »

Spider Man 3- The whole movie. It hurt me.

010010010110011000100000011110010110111101110101001000000110000101110010011001010010000001110010011 001010110000101100100011010010110111001100111001000000111010001101000011010010111001100101100001000 000111100101101111011101010010000001100001011100100110010100100000011000100111001001101001011011000 110110001101001011000010110111001110100001000000110110101111001001000000110011001110010011010010110 0101011011100110010000101110
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »

The ending of Signs

The whole water melts the aliens was just stupid. 

I gotta agree. There is a substance that melts their skin, so they go to a planet where 2/3 of the surface is covered in it, as well as it regularly falling out of the sky, not to mention an atmosphere with giant clouds of it virtually everywhere. Those guys just weren't that bright, were they?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Jim H

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »

The ending of Signs

I gotta agree. There is a substance that melts their skin, so they go to a planet where 2/3 of the surface is covered in it, as well as it regularly falling out of the sky, not to mention an atmosphere with giant clouds of it virtually everywhere. Those guys just weren't that bright, were they?

Reminds me of a theory that the Martians from War of the Worlds were actually the homicidal moronic rejects of Mars exiled from the planet, not the head of a true invasion force.
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »

The ending of "A Boy and His Dog". Took only 2 lines to ruin the movie for me.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »

The ending of Signs

I found Signs to be one of the most idiotic film endeavors I've ever been through.  I keep promising myself that I have to write a scathing review of it but just can't get up the will power to watch it again.  For me, the movie was over when they first showed the aliens on the newscast.  The image just reminded me too much of the famous Bigfoot footage.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »

I found Signs to be one of the most idiotic film endeavors I've ever been through. 

I only watched 10 minutes of it and came to the exact same conclusion  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »

Really?  That MAKES the movie some people, myself included.  I found the ending supremely satisfying.  Just a little surprising that it ruined it for you.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »

Really?  That MAKES the movie some people, myself included.  I found the ending supremely satisfying.  Just a little surprising that it ruined it for you.

I agree, the ending put it over the top for me.  Even though I saw it coming, I thought it the movie could end in no other way and I was happy they had the courage to do it.  But to each his own.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2009, 07:21:50 PM »

The ending of Signs

I found Signs to be one of the most idiotic film endeavors I've ever been through.  I keep promising myself that I have to write a scathing review of it but just can't get up the will power to watch it again.  For me, the movie was over when they first showed the aliens on the newscast.  The image just reminded me too much of the famous Bigfoot footage.

That scene is one of the few scenes that worked for me'. I always felt that when/if that thing happens for real, it won't be a perfectly lit/focused shot with an entity cheesing up to the camera, it'll be caught by an amateur under less than ideal conditions.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2009, 01:30:14 PM »

Yep, I seem to be in the minority on this one, but that's how I felt.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »

I liked Signs the first time I saw it, other than the water-melting.  They deside to attack PA in summer where the humitiy is like 90%?  How did they even get out of their craft?  Had the characters said something about it being an over abundance of some mineral in the water (that Beau could taste and no one else could and said she should be able to either), that would have made some sense.  But how do aliens keep slaves that need large quantities of water daily?  They'd be giving the humans the very thing they need to revolt!

But, once you start examining everything, none of it makes sense.  If this is some intergalactic invasion by "intelligent" life forms, surely they have the discipline and the smarts to not be walking around where they can be seen.  I loved the corn field chase where you see the alien's leg and the alien walking out on camera the first time I saw it...but then I thought, "what superior invading force would let themselves be seen?"

Oops, we forgot to turn on the cloaking device before coming into earth's atmosphere - better switch that on now and hope there aren't any flying things that might run into our craft.

Aliens so strong they can outrun decently athletic men and jump onto farmhouse roofs, but they can't break a pantry door?  Given a few good shoulder rushes, I'd have been out of the pantry in a couple minutes.  Too close to really shoulder rush it?  The get your back against the wall and leg press it/kick it.  Those things are generally hollow and common household hinges/door locks aren't meant to withstand much force!

And the cellar door?  The aliens fly across space on a raiding mission and bring nothing that can break through an old wooden door help closed with a pickaxe?  They could have gone to Mel Gibson's barn and gotten an ax - he's a farmer: he's got at least one ax in a woodshed somewhere!

Like I said - enjoyed it the first time.  Upon any analysis, the whole thing becomes laughable.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2009, 10:19:37 AM »

Here's my outlook on it: People assume that some UNKNOWN forces, from an UNKNOWN place, with UNKNOWN intentions, would do things exactly how WE would do them, therefor the flaw; applying the "why didn't they" to their methods. This kind of movie is made for the "maybe they. .. " that comes right after the "why didn't they". People assume the aliens seen are the invading race, , I really don't think so, I think they are the WEAPON used by the invading party. There's a big difference between jumping high, running fast, and being able to break down a door. The aliens look fragile to me, take a look at Olympic runners and high-jumpers, and tell me they're built in a way that leads you to believe they can knock down doors. Speed and jumping ability does not automatically mean strength. It doesn't take much thought to see the many paths around the "can fly a spacecraft but can't operate a doorknob". Personally, I think the intentions are that what we see are drones, designed or intended to kill people/do whatever, then die off shortly thereafter. They obviously aren't intelligent enough to fly a spacecraft, and they have a means for suppressing humans without the need for that much brute force. We never saw the alien try brute force on the door and fail, I think it just wasn't intelligent enough to know what to do there, which supports the idea they are drones. Also, in regards to the cloaking device: the word 'malfunction' comes to mind, simply as I see it.

Don't get me wrong, the movie generally sucks, but there's plenty of room to dally around without hopelessly falling through the plot holes.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:26:02 AM by ghouck » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »

I liked Signs the first time I saw it, other than the water-melting.  They deside to attack PA in summer where the humitiy is like 90%?  How did they even get out of their craft?  Had the characters said something about it being an over abundance of some mineral in the water (that Beau could taste and no one else could and said she should be able to either), that would have made some sense.  But how do aliens keep slaves that need large quantities of water daily?  They'd be giving the humans the very thing they need to revolt!

But, once you start examining everything, none of it makes sense.  If this is some intergalactic invasion by "intelligent" life forms, surely they have the discipline and the smarts to not be walking around where they can be seen.  I loved the corn field chase where you see the alien's leg and the alien walking out on camera the first time I saw it...but then I thought, "what superior invading force would let themselves be seen?"

Oops, we forgot to turn on the cloaking device before coming into earth's atmosphere - better switch that on now and hope there aren't any flying things that might run into our craft.

Aliens so strong they can outrun decently athletic men and jump onto farmhouse roofs, but they can't break a pantry door?  Given a few good shoulder rushes, I'd have been out of the pantry in a couple minutes.  Too close to really shoulder rush it?  The get your back against the wall and leg press it/kick it.  Those things are generally hollow and common household hinges/door locks aren't meant to withstand much force!

And the cellar door?  The aliens fly across space on a raiding mission and bring nothing that can break through an old wooden door help closed with a pickaxe?  They could have gone to Mel Gibson's barn and gotten an ax - he's a farmer: he's got at least one ax in a woodshed somewhere!

Like I said - enjoyed it the first time.  Upon any analysis, the whole thing becomes laughable.
You sir have brought up more great points about M. Knight Smamalamadingdong's cinematic travesty.   One other thing I'd like to add.  A seven foot alien needs to gas people to hurt them.  M. Knight has become a parody on to himself. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »

I think was the repeated usage of the same shark attack or when the sharks flee scenes over and over again that ruined Shark Swarm for me.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »

Here's my outlook on it: People assume that some UNKNOWN forces, from an UNKNOWN place, with UNKNOWN intentions, would do things exactly how WE would do them, therefor the flaw; applying the "why didn't they" to their methods. This kind of movie is made for the "maybe they. .. " that comes right after the "why didn't they". People assume the aliens seen are the invading race, , I really don't think so, I think they are the WEAPON used by the invading party. There's a big difference between jumping high, running fast, and being able to break down a door. The aliens look fragile to me, take a look at Olympic runners and high-jumpers, and tell me they're built in a way that leads you to believe they can knock down doors. Speed and jumping ability does not automatically mean strength. It doesn't take much thought to see the many paths around the "can fly a spacecraft but can't operate a doorknob". Personally, I think the intentions are that what we see are drones, designed or intended to kill people/do whatever, then die off shortly thereafter. They obviously aren't intelligent enough to fly a spacecraft, and they have a means for suppressing humans without the need for that much brute force. We never saw the alien try brute force on the door and fail, I think it just wasn't intelligent enough to know what to do there, which supports the idea they are drones. Also, in regards to the cloaking device: the word 'malfunction' comes to mind, simply as I see it.

Don't get me wrong, the movie generally sucks, but there's plenty of room to dally around without hopelessly falling through the plot holes.

Your drone aspect does add a certain layer to the idea; that the alien race would send stupid drones down does make sense, and even hits Darksider's point about the gas.  The drones might not be designed to be strong enough to subdue humans without the gas.  Of course, for durability, that alien took a few good hits from that bat, and when you have someone known for being a homerun hitter, one good swing would take out most people.

But running (fast sprints as the alien did around the house) and jumping are both explosive force leg work, rather then marathon running.  Most sprinters/jumpers have pretty large quads particular in comparison to their size (which is kept lighter).  I would think anyone who is six feet tall and can jump onto a house roof would be able to take out a pantry door.  You are right; they may not have the bulk to batter it down, but they should have the leg strength to kick in a door.

So I guess it really must come down to: the smart aliens sent the already conqured, water-toxic, stupid, gassy aliens.  At least there is a way for it to make sense!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scenes that ruined the whole movie for you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.