Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:14:24 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  @%^&* Shoulder!!!! New post with youtube of procedure!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: @%^&* Shoulder!!!! New post with youtube of procedure!!  (Read 3957 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: April 27, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »

Went back for my second 4-week check with the Doc and he evidently didn't like my progress so far.  He's says I'm close to having a frozen shoulder.  I've been going to PT twice a week and doing isometrics and using the range of motion pulley at home.  The therapist  has  really put some moves on me too to stretch the shoulder.

Doc wants me to undergo something called "Manipulation Under Anesthesia".  They put you under general anesthesia, then give a numbing shot in the shoulder, next they move you arm around it's complete range of motion to break up any adhesions (scar tissue).  They do it this way so they don't have to hear you yelling bloody murder and  you don't get to experience pain of what they're doing.

I'm having it done Monday and should be back at work on Tuesday (although I still can't lift anything).  The up side is that if it's successful it should accelerate my recovery and put me ahead on the PT.

This has been a right big frustration for me.  I'm a guy that fixes and builds things.  When I see something broke I've gotta try to fix it. I do all the routine maintenance on our cars, the lawnmower, eh, you get the picture.

I just hope this thing and a few weeks of therapy will get me back in shape  before I go friggin bonkers. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:30:07 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »

The up side is that if it's successful it should accelerate my recovery and put me ahead on the PT.

That it should.  I had a frozen shoulder and the improvement was dramatic once it was freed up.   Good luck with the procedure, and keep at that PT!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »

Well, at least it sounds like they have a promising therapy to help your recovery, and not being conscious or able to feel that sounds like a very good thing.  I'm pretty sure you would scream bloody murder!  Ripping out scar tissue inside your shoulder has got to be painful as all get out.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »

Wow, PT under general anesthesia?  It's like someone comes in and gives you a work out while you're napping!  We should all be so lucky. 

Seriously, get better quickly, my friend.  Even though you're a Star Trek fan and I'm a Star Wars fan, I wish you no harm.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:49:16 AM »

Good luck,and I hope you start to fell better.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:18:51 AM »

Good luck Trek, I hope this procedure speeds up your recovery. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:37:57 AM »

Oh, I also found out that after this procedure I have to do PT for 5 days straight (really only about an hour a day). Then three more weeks PT at three days a week.

Good thing I like the therapist. He was an army (probably National Guard) medic in Iraq and he's a sports trainer also.

Cthulhu

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »

Good luck! I wish you the best. But by the way, what did you do with your shoulder?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »

That is one procedure I have never done, and have never seen, but wow!  What an awesome procedure that would be to see.

Or, more specifically, to hear.   TeddyR
trekgeezer

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 02:29:34 PM »

Good luck! I wish you the best. But by the way, what did you do with your shoulder?

It just started hurting all the time and kept getting worse until the arm was almost useless.  Found out later I had a large hook like bone spur right above my rotator cuff .

That is one procedure I have never done, and have never seen, but wow!  What an awesome procedure that would be to see.

Or, more specifically, to hear.   TeddyR

Here it is Zap, apparently they can do this for back problems too.  By the way thanks for all the good wishes everyone, you guys are the best!          

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:31:19 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

Hey man.... how did it go?   
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
trekgeezer

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

Once they put me out it took about 20 minutes  (the nurse did say prior to Doc arriving that her least favorite part was all the popping and cracking that takes place during the procedure).  The most traumatic part for me is always the IV, I almost always end up bruised from the poking around trying to get it in.  My veins have a mind  of their own.

After I sobered up enough to walk they took me to physical therapy to get bent and twisted some more.

I have therapy everyday this week and three times a week for the next three weeks.  My therapist greeted me on Tuesday by saying "Welcome to your first real day of rehab."  He really worked me out with goal being to keep my shoulder from stiffening up again.  He says I have a lot of muscles that need retraining.

It's a lot of work, but I intend to get it done and get back to normal, 'cause I'm really tired of this s**t.  ♦

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  @%^&* Shoulder!!!! New post with youtube of procedure!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.