Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:45:38 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Adventures of Pete and Pete « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Adventures of Pete and Pete  (Read 6883 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: April 27, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »

The Adventures of Pete and Pete was a early/mid '90s tv show on Nickelodoeon.
Small | Large

Did anyone here ever see the show.  It was a weird little show about two brothers named Pete, growing up in a small town called Wellsville.  We never find out the state, but you can see Kentucky from the water tower.  The characters on the show included Petunia (Little Pete's tattoo), Mom's Plate (the mom had a metal plate in her head), and Artie, the Strongest Man in the world, who was so strong that he could move an entire house one inch, and skip stones on Neptune.

One highlight of the show was the guest stars they would get.  Iggy Pop played a suburban father, LL Cool J was a biology teacher, Michael Stipe was an ice cream man, Steve Buscemi was a guidance counselor, and Kate Pierson of The B-52s played a blind fortune teller. 

Some seasons were out on dvd, but Nickelodeon decided against doing the rest.  Which really sucks, as it was one of their better shows, and is vastly superior to the crap they air today.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »

It was one of those shows that I always heard good things about, would sometimes catch it channel surfing and stop and watch the ending, and I always meant to check it out more thoroughly.  Unfortunately, it was cancelled before I could put my plan into action.   Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »

I really enjoyed this show; I even bought the first season on dvd. I meant to get the second season, but I just haven't seen it when I had the money yet. Don't forget little Pete's friend Nona, played by a very young Michelle Trachtenburg.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:55:40 PM »

I really enjoyed this show; I even bought the first season on dvd. I meant to get the second season, but I just haven't seen it when I had the money yet. Don't forget little Pete's friend Nona, played by a very young Michelle Trachtenburg.
Can't forget her.  She's actually kinda hot, in a way, now that she's all grown up.  I only see her and the dude who played Artie in movies now.  Figured that the two stars would've done some stuff, but guess not. 

Another good show they had which should be on dvd is Salute Your Shorts.  I heard talk of one coming out, but haven't seen it in stores. Bluesad

Jim H

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »

Everything about this show is different, from the concept and plots to its very opening and theme song.  In a sea of blandness amongst live action kids shows of the time (Nick's other good programing was mostly cartoons then), it really stuck out.

My favorite guest star was Steve Buscemi, who rigs a radio wave thing to make the Petes' mom hear radio in her head all day.  Great guest spot for him.

I'd like to watch more of the show, as it was genuinely funny and good.  BTW, I have seen the younger Pete in stuff after this show, but nothing lately.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »

Everything about this show is different, from the concept and plots to its very opening and theme song.  In a sea of blandness amongst live action kids shows of the time (Nick's other good programing was mostly cartoons then), it really stuck out.

My favorite guest star was Steve Buscemi, who rigs a radio wave thing to make the Petes' mom hear radio in her head all day.  Great guest spot for him.

I'd like to watch more of the show, as it was genuinely funny and good.  BTW, I have seen the younger Pete in stuff after this show, but nothing lately.
Nick was great at the time.  The live action shows were okay, like Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude and Pete.

The NickToons were even better.  Doug, Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy were awesome.

My favorite guest spot was Michael Stipe (of R.E.M.) as Mr. Tastee, the evil ice cream man.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 06:42:35 AM »

I remember watching this show when I was younger,and I really enjoyed it a lot.  It really was one of the better shows that Nickelodoeon had in the 90's.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »

Yep, I remember it. This was one of several good shows that I learned about only because I had kids who would expose me to this stuff. My younger daughter was a huge Nick fan when younger, then switched almost entirely to Disney when older.

Some of the animated series that Nick had in those days were also pretty good. "Rocko's Modern Life" is one of the standouts.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

I had totally forgotten about this! It was a great show, really quirky and witty. The only episodes I can remember well, was one where they are at the swimming pool and are arguing, one with some crazy maniac woodshop guy and one where little Pete has food poisoning from eating tapioca. I agree that it is waaay better than any off the guff they have on "Nick" these days.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »

Yep, I remember it. This was one of several good shows that I learned about only because I had kids who would expose me to this stuff. My younger daughter was a huge Nick fan when younger, then switched almost entirely to Disney when older.

Some of the animated series that Nick had in those days were also pretty good. "Rocko's Modern Life" is one of the standouts.

I did the same thing as I got older for some reason.  Ended up switching to Disney Channel.  Rocko's Modern Life was a damn good show that deserve's a dvd release, if it hasn't already gotten it.

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 06:05:43 AM »

Me and a guy at work were just talking about this show. I was never able to catch it regularly but I always remembered the episodes that I did. Loved the final episode were Arny and Little Pete go up against the villains. "mmmmm Brain freeze"

Smells like popcorn and shame
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 08:45:16 AM »

I loved that Artie the Strongest Man in The World could p**s off every parent in town, just by saying the word "pipe."

Makes me wonder what kinda kooky things those parents were into.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »

For a while, loved just walking around saying "ARTIE! The strongest man in the WORLD!"

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »

For a while, loved just walking around saying "ARTIE! The strongest man in the WORLD!"

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »

I loved the show.  My favorite character was Artie.  I loved that character.  I was said when he left.  I wish they would bring shows like Pete and Pete back.  The stuff that is on now defiantly does not have the aroma of "Tire Air"!

My two cents.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Adventures of Pete and Pete « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.