Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:35:15 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  No more remakes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: No more remakes  (Read 7425 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 01, 2009, 06:26:03 AM »

I don't mind the occasional remake, but whats with the slew of remakes now days. And if its not a remake its a prequel or a sequel that might as well be a remake.
Heres some remakes that are coming up, some might be cool but really I want a original movie.
Robocop
When worlds collied
Creature from the black lagoon
Flash Gordon
Dune
The thing
The crazies
Forbidden Planet
It
Little shop of horrors
And these are just the tip of the ice berg.

Smells like popcorn and shame
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:17:16 AM »

Pathetic, but not surprising.
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:11:18 AM »

I was shocked to find out they are remaking Drop Dead Fred!  No one even wanted to see it the first time!  It's not even that old!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:08:49 AM »

NOT LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS !!!!

IF I SEE A CGI AUDERY II, I'LL LOSE IT !!!!

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »

I didn't know about any of these and they all look like a waste of time.

Except maybe "Dune". Maybe this will be like "Lord of the Rings", where somebody finally gets it right after previous dreadful bombs. It couldn't be worse or more incoherent than the last "Dune" movie.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »

They remade the crazies and called it 28 Days later  Wink

They're doing a prequel to The Thing, not a remake.

Robocop is a "reboot"...whatever that means... Question

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:53:21 AM »

While the Flash Gordon and Dune movies were flawed I think that the Sci-Fi Channel/SyFy has pretty much proven that the Hollywood machine is incapable of doing respectful retreads that are worth seeing.  Granted siphilis' Dune mini-series wasn't quite as vomitous as their Flash Gordon series, but it was a far less faithful adaptation than Lynch's movie.

I'd like to say that in the right hands these could be great fun alas Hollywood is currently caught in the rut of producing dumbed down PG-13 crap.  They've recently started airing TV promo trailers for a movie called Obsession that desperately tries to play up the sexual intrigue angle and then, at the end of the trailer, you get the rating. . . PG-13.

TF?  Question

And let's not even get started on Little Shop of Horrors.  Bad enough it's already had a remake, and a musical one at that, what's next?  CGI Anime?

But the realy head scratcher on that list is Forbidden Planet.  Alas I know exctly why it's getting remade.  Someone took one look at it and decided that would be a great CGI movie that they can write some green propoganda into.  It'll likely end up being one of those message movies that tells the audiences human are evil and suicide is the best way because humans ruin all they touch.  (Of course it's never the people in power being asked to kill themselves, just the peons.)

And then there is Robocop.  All I have to say about that is. . . WHY?  Did anyone actually watch the TV series?  The TV movies?  I didn't.  The first sequel was bad enough.  It doesn't need a reboot.  Just let it fade away and die.

There's hundreds of OTHER "properties" waiting to be adapted into series/movies.  Witness the list at the end of my rant inspired by this thread: Depressed by remakes?.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:58:41 AM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Cthulhu

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »

This is pretty sad. Bluesad

And if its not a remake its a prequel or a sequel that might as well be a remake.
I think it's better to make a sequel or a prequel, because it will leave the original more "intact".

Robocop is a "reboot"...whatever that means... Question
It means they are going to ignore everything that was established before.
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 01:49:05 AM »

Why dammit why????Hollywood stop it with all these rubberchucking remakes!!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 06:43:10 AM »

I really don't care about remakes - it's pretty rare that I watch anything from a major Hollywood studio.  If they weren't doing remakes, whatever they did instead would probably suck 98% as much.  I go to other boards and people are complaining about the sad state of this and the sad state of that;  Luckily I find great enjoyment in the direct-to-video stuff, and those movies outnumber Hollywood's production by about 10 to 1.  Let those egomaniacal Hollywood celeb's wallow in their pool of anti-creative vomit, it just doesn't concern me  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »

If they weren't doing remakes, whatever they did instead would probably suck 98% as much. 

QFT

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »

They're remaking Rocky Horror Picture Show as well.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »

As long as we are talking about remakes, I heard about a remake of The Thing and The Blob.  The Thing and The Blob could be good depending on the right director, but I hope they don't focus completely on the visuals instead of the shock value, story, the acting, and everything else that makes these movies great.  Because remakes most of the time look impressive, but lacks what made the original so great.

Another remake I heard, that is being done by Sci-Fi Channel, is Children of the Corn!  All together now, three... two... one...

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

the worst thing is that most of the new films that aren't remakes, in fact ARE remakes... the characters' names and locations are changed but they'll basically follow the exact template of a film that's been done before anyway. it shows the cynical nature of the business now that having an original idea for a movie is almost taboo at this stage. obviously there are some exceptions but I can't think of any at this moment...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Cthulhu

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 03:54:24 AM »

I don't mind the occasional remake, but whats with the slew of remakes now days. And if its not a remake its a prequel or a sequel that might as well be a remake.

Dune
The thing
It
Well, you see, Dune, The thing and It aren't technically remakes. They are just new adaptations of a book. I don't mind that.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  No more remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.