Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:24:11 AM
714337 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A. I. Assault/Shockwave « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A. I. Assault/Shockwave  (Read 2471 times)
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 04, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

I'd been compiling a list of Sci-Fi Channel originals I was thinking of ordering. The thing is, I was thinking of making a review site, and what occurred to me is that since the majority of Sci-Fi Channel originals end up either being wasted potential or "bad" in the traditional sense, after reviewing them I'd be left with a bunch of DVD's I didn't want to re-watch. So since then I've been watching various channels and removing those from the list that either aired, or that I completely lost interest in.

Anyway, in this case the issue is that Komodo vs. Cobra is making its UK premier either next Sunday or the following Sunday. The listings aren't exactly clear in that. More specifically, they changed and became incoherent in doing so.

What occurs to me is, if KVC and A.I. Assault are both really awful rehashes of Curse of the Komodo, and KVC is the extremely bad one, then seeing that first would pretty much negate the point of watching A. I Assault, wouldn't it?

So to anyone who's seen these three movies, would I be issing anything by not watching A. I. Assault? Should I take it off my list?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:34:51 AM by BakuryuuTyranno » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »

Personally I thought Komodo vs. Cobra was awful, while AI Assault was just an average Sci-Fi Channel Original, one of those that you forget about 5 minutes after its over.  The robots were moderately cool, and if you like laughing at people with unlimited ammo guns, and lots of really stupid and unbelievable people vs. robot scenes, etc, you might get a kick out of it. 

I'd recommend skipping Komodo vs. Cobra, unless you like characters who spend the whole film self-righteously b***hin' about how terrible everything about society is, blah blah blah.  The big K vs. C battle in the end is a laugh anyway.  Looks like an ad for Dino Crisis on the PS2.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »

So how does A.I. Assault's stupidity compare to, for example, Attack of the Sabertooth or Vipers?

And are the characters from KVC environmentalists? I was actually hoping for a truly awful film to write about. I wrote about ten pages on Shoreline Entertainment's 2004 movie Parasite, for example. Although, if KVC is about environmentalists, I'd probably end up rephrasing what I said about Parsite. Which, I guess, might be strangely appropriate.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:34:16 PM by BakuryuuTyranno » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »

I'd say AI Assault is about as stupid as Sabretooth, perhaps moreso because there's a lot of people vs. robot battles with robots picking off people at fairly long range but unable to hit people standing right in front of them, etc. etc.  I'd compare it to Raptor Island as far as military procedures and that sort of thing is concerned.  Haven't seen Vipers in a while, can't really compare that.

The characters in KVC are animal rights activists, anti-capitalists, I'm sure they must be environmentalists as well.  Name pretty much anything and they're probably appalled and offended by it.  They keep taking breaks so they can stand around and gripe about how terrible these people are, those people are, etc.  Some of the dialog is in that "Make sure you pronunciate every syllable of every word" acting method.

- Paulo Coelho
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 04:21:58 PM »

A.I. Assault sounds like it might be worth watching.

KVC sounds like it'd be painful (especially as I actually liked Curse of the Komodo) to watch but provide a lot to write about.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:28:48 PM by BakuryuuTyranno » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »

No problem  TeddyR  I'm a fan of Curse of the Komodo myself.  Can't remember if it's AI Assault or KVC, but one of them uses a page or two straight out of Curse's script, the part where they're flying in the helicopter.  The character names are the same as well.  Made me REALLY shake my head. 

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A. I. Assault/Shockwave « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.