Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:23:29 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Police Story 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Police Story 2  (Read 1576 times)
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 25, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »

Not necessarily a true b-movie but it contains elements of kung-fu which I think falls into that genre. I watched it last night on the big screen thanks to the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin Texas and their print was phenomenal. The movie is so rich in every aspect of filmmaking. We all know how excellent the choreography of Jackie Chan movies is and this was right up there at the top of his films. I'm always amazed at how nimble Chan is in tight quarters. There's a scene in a playground where Chan is ducking in and out of playground equipment like he's a ball stuck on a torus. His angle keeps changing and he's constantly slipping through holes and moving up and down. His ability to use both the air and the ground was especially impressive as he would hit the dirt and make an attack as his attacker was attempting his attack from head and chest height. It really added a new level of quality to the fight scene. And the final fight with the deaf/mute was incredible. The boss was so fast it really blew me away. And the stunts, y! I cringe so much because I am so deep into the plot and the stunts are so real. There's one stunt where Chan is on a trash chute that gaps two buildings and must be over 60 feet in the air. An explosion cuts the tube in half with Chan in the top half and it swings to the building and he jumps out into an open window. Sooooo dangerous.

What's your favorite Jackie Chan film? I'm leaning towards Police Story 1 or 36 Wooden Men. Did you know he was an extra in Enter The Dragon?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 03:18:36 AM »

I've been a big Jackie Chan fan since the early 1980s, and slowly I have been replacing my old videos with DVDs. As for picking a favorite, I am not sure I can, but perhaps Dragons Forever because of Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung's presence in it. Not to mention the fight with Benny "The Jet" Urquidez ( it is hard for me to suspend my disbelief that John Cusack could harm this guy in Grosse Pointe Blank). When I hear things about Hollywood actors have stunt men run for them, it just makes me smile and want to put on one of these films.

Police Story 2 is great, the playground scene, and the factory fight are among his best.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »

I'd have to say Legend of Drunken Master/Drunken Master 2 is probably my overall favorite.  Best fight scenes, and lots of them.  Well paced too.

I also really enjoyed The Young Master.  I think it may be his funniest film, and there is A TON of very high quality fighting - plus the best Dragon Dance sequence ever committed to film.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »

I really wanted to check that out, even though I have it on DVD that would be a good one on the big screen, I just cant make midnite movies like I used to. I love the first 3 Police Stories and Project A 1&2, but its a toss up between Drunken Master 2 and Dragons Forever. But pretty much any of his post Lo Wei, pre Hollywood movies have some cool fights and or stunts. The fight in the wind tunnel from Armour of God 2 is a favorite.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »

Favorite Jackie Chan film?  FANTASY MISSION FORCE, of course!  But if you argue that's not a Jackie Chan movie, just a bad movie Jackie happened to be in, then I pick DRUNKEN MASTER 2 as well, although I admit I haven't seen as many Chan films as I should have.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Police Story 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.