Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:57:02 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I could have done without seeing that « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: I could have done without seeing that  (Read 29209 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »

The Body Snatcher (1945) - Boris Karloff movie.  A guy dies, and his little dog stays at his grave.  Then the grave robber comes and whacks the little dog with a shovel.  They don't actually show it of course, but it's guaranteed to make me change the channel every time that movie is on.

Ooh, I LOVE that scene!  Very creepy and unexpected and establishes Karloff's character perfectly!

But...but...don't you care about the poor little doggy? 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 01:39:02 PM »

The Body Snatcher (1945) - Boris Karloff movie.  A guy dies, and his little dog stays at his grave.  Then the grave robber comes and whacks the little dog with a shovel.  They don't actually show it of course, but it's guaranteed to make me change the channel every time that movie is on.

Ooh, I LOVE that scene!  Very creepy and unexpected and establishes Karloff's character perfectly!

But...but...don't you care about the poor little doggy? 

Hey, man, don't bring me into this...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »

I didn't see, but I don't need to see.  How about the scene in Teeth where... you know bites off you know what.

Well, at least that is what the movie's about, so it's necessary and expected. I just choose to avoid the movie altogether.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

"Cujo, where are ya boy?"

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »

Ugh, one of the worst things in a film that I could have gone without seeing was a scene in a low-budget film called Faces of Death. In one town somewhere not in America, monkeys are eaten alive and are like a delicacy. In the movie, the monkey is placed in a cage beneath a table. The guests at this particular restaurant actually pelted the monkey with little hammers and ate its brain...I really  could have gone without seeing that. And yes, the monkey was really "harmed" in the making of this film.  Hatred

"Oh,there will be blood."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

Ugh, one of the worst things in a film that I could have gone without seeing was a scene in a low-budget film called Faces of Death. In one town somewhere not in America, monkeys are eaten alive and are like a delicacy. In the movie, the monkey is placed in a cage beneath a table. The guests at this particular restaurant actually pelted the monkey with little hammers and ate its brain...I really  could have gone without seeing that. And yes, the monkey was really "harmed" in the making of this film.  Hatred

I'm glad I've avoided that movie. I've been hearing about that scene for years, and I don't think I'd handle it very well. Even when it's not real, I can't stand to see kids or animals mistreated.

One movie in the same genre I did make the mistake of renting, back in the golden age of independent video stores, was Shocking Asia. I could have done without seeing the sex change. Mind you, I didn't see all of it, as I was peeking between my fingers during the entire scene. I'd seen a fair bit of the horror genre by that time (I was about 19 or 20), and I thought slasher flicks were more fun than scary, but some guy getting his shlong turned inside-out was more than I could bear to watch.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »

I'm glad I've avoided that movie. I've been hearing about that scene for years, and I don't think I'd handle it very well. Even when it's not real, I can't stand to see kids or animals mistreated.

The worst part is the monkey is totally freaking out, as if it fully realizes what is going to be done to it.  The people that just smack the little thing over the head with their hammers is utterly repulsive.  I would happily do the same to them.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 04:28:32 AM »

this scene from the creature from the haunted sea

yeah no.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:36 AM »

The worst part is the monkey is totally freaking out, as if it fully realizes what is going to be done to it.  The people that just smack the little thing over the head with their hammers is utterly repulsive.  I would happily do the same to them.

I last saw that monkey scene when I was 13 years old back in 1987 and can still picture it in my head. (I only saw it that one time)
Yeah, you're better off not seeing it.  It's quite disturbing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:38:31 AM by Ash » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »

The toilet scene in Trainspotting as well as the crap in the sheet scene while the family is having breakfast.

The ending of Eden Lake. I dont know if its because im a woman that it bothered me so much but I just felt ill after seeing it.

Martyrs. so many scenes are disturbing but the ones of her just getting the crap beat out of her over and over were a little much.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 12:16:33 PM »

Yeah, there's a film called Nekromantik that I'd like to see but I heard that a real animal was killed for the footage and that put me off.

Having sex with a corpse...fine.
Killing an animal, well, that I draw the line at. Unless I'm going to eat it. But for the sake of entertainment, well, we're not in the dark ages anymore...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 12:47:45 PM »

Pretty much all of Cannibal Ferox.  Bluesad

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »

Ugh, one of the worst things in a film that I could have gone without seeing was a scene in a low-budget film called Faces of Death

When I was in Jr. high or even a bit before, there were a few kids in school that constantly talked about those movies. I never understood the attraction, BUT, one thing that strikes me is that each and every one of those knucklehead kids at last count was a complete F-ing loser idiot. Coincidence?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »

Seeing Leonard Nimoy's character die (for a while) in the TV movie Baffled.

Hope Lange getting rocks and boards piled on her in Crowhaven Farm

Seeing the old guy's ass in In The Mouth of Madness  Buggedout

The faceless life size painting that came to life in the McCloud episode Someone's Out To Get Jenny ~ I still haven't got over that one.  Buggedout

Seeing James Hazeldine becoming a conduit for evil in the second episode of the creepy TV series The Omega Factor  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

Well that whole singing scene from North when the kid is in Texas.  That was wild.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »

Pretty much all of Cannibal Ferox.  Bluesad
Agreed!   Thumbup 

Not too long ago,I sat thru THE DAM BUSTERS a decent flick except I couldn't stop laughing at it... with apologies to RICHARD TODD... (who by the way is 90 years old and still working!!  Thumbup)   Drink  This film was a revelation to me; I've only seen a couple of TODD's films that spring to mind, both made in Hollywood like A MAN CALLED PETER and THE VIRGIN QUEEN.  What a difference between how films were shot in Hollywood compared with England...  Drink  Lookingup  Okay, please forgive me, Mr. TODD, but I never realized that you are so damned short!!!   Drink  I mean sitting thru THE DAM BUSTERS was like not watching JOSE FERRER play TOULOUSE LAUTREC...  Drink  Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I could have done without seeing that « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.