Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:42 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  most depressing movie you have seen « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: most depressing movie you have seen  (Read 62855 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »

A recent French horror film called Inside is easily the most depressing film that I've seen to date.  It's a brilliant film though but it'll make you feel like you like complete crap for watching it.

Looking back on the films I'd seen, I DO remember this one, and yes, it's a complete and utter downer, and VERY disturbing. Not for the weak of heart.

There again, that's why I stopped hanging around my best friend because every movie he watches is a downer, and he was actually laughing at THIS movie.  Nothing to laugh at, this was the most disturbing film I've ever seen.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

I think Fellini's "La Strata" is the saddest film ever made.

Babies taste best.
gloomhound
New Visitor

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »

While I tend to avoid depressing movie like the plague I've seen a few.

I think both "On the Beach" and "Braveheart" are both real downers, as were "Red Dawn" and "Casualties of War." But for me the worse I've seen was "Valley Girl" I felt like I had been kicked in the gut during the end credits.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

This year's Best Picture nominee WINTER'S BONE is an awfully bleak film.
And SKYLINE had an absolute downer ending.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »

Up in the Air.

Without spoiling the plot too much the subject matter is depressing and heartless, additionally George Clooney's character gets really taken advantage of by somone at the end of the movie.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »

I saw Buried with Ryan Reynolds last weekend and it might now be at the top of my "most depressing" films list.

Kevin

Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

Saturday B Movie Reel (covering Syfy channel & other B movies)
http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com

Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre TV shows)
http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2011, 09:01:59 AM »

"Requeim for a Dream".

It had a very sad ending. It was even more sad because in the middle of the film I heard my Mom screaming. I rushed into the kitchen and found my dog lying on the floor dead. Dad buried her and cleaned up the blood then offer we watch the film later. Instead I forced myself to finish it. The ending of the film did distract me from her death for a while.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »

I recently watched The Boy in the Stryped Pajamas again. The ending is a hard punch in the gut.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2011, 04:49:34 AM »

Not a movie per se, but the British mini series Dead Set.  A zombie outbreak hits England and the only people who are unaware of it are the contestants in the latest
Big Brother series.

It moved along at a fairly rapid pace and the lead character Kelly was really good.  She went from an average nice kid to a grown up faced with unthinkablechoices in a matter of days.

**********SPOILER ALERT**********

The fact that all the characters ended up dying or zombified totally shocked me and left me feeling sick.  There was no hope left of any survivors or good feeling or anything.  It left me thinking that it was probably a realistic ending if the world really was gripped by a zombie plague but it was just a little too nasty and gritty.

I enjoyed it immensely though and I will buy on DVD, but it's not the kind of thing I would watch repeatedly, unless I was having a real downer of a day and I wanted to curl up and feel sorry for myself (which actually happens a lot more than makes me comfortable).

Has anyone seen it?  What did you think?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2011, 05:54:39 AM »

For me it would have to be The Bridge.

Check out this short trailer for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwl-Pa_QT0M

It's a documentary about people who are drawn to the Golden Gate Bridge...to commit suicide by jumping off of it.
When I first heard about it, it sounded fascinating.
One thing's for sure, it is depressing.
It's well made and all that, but it wasn't fascinating like I thought it would be.
It left me feeling sad.   Bluesad

OMG that  is the most depressing thing I've seen in a long time.  Do they actually show people jumping off the bridge on camera?  If they do, why doesn't anyone try and stop them?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »

You're all wrong!

THE most depressing movie of all time is....

Threads.

I strongly recommend NOT looking it up on youtube.

My poor soul was crushed without watching the whole movie.

I saw that on telly in the 80s.  That movie had me sleeping in a  brightly lit room for weeks.  It was depressing and soul crushing beyond measure.  Whenever I think about it, it makes me shudder even now.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »

For me it would have to be The Bridge.

Check out this short trailer for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwl-Pa_QT0M

It's a documentary about people who are drawn to the Golden Gate Bridge...to commit suicide by jumping off of it.
When I first heard about it, it sounded fascinating.
One thing's for sure, it is depressing.
It's well made and all that, but it wasn't fascinating like I thought it would be.
It left me feeling sad.   Bluesad

OMG that  is the most depressing thing I've seen in a long time.  Do they actually show people jumping off the bridge on camera?  If they do, why doesn't anyone try and stop them?

I just wrote a paper on this film for a documentary class. According to the director, they did alert authorities whenever they spotted someone suspicious, and were credited with saving at least five people that way. However, they were still accused of being exploitative. The film is free on youtube, for anyone curious about it. What's troubling is that many of the youtube comments are from suicidal people, some of which seem to suggest the film had not only failed to dissuade, but even managed to encourage their intentions, by making the act look more peaceful than it actually is. Also, none of the interviewees were informed about the footage until after the interviews were conducted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:23:58 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »

I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet but a long time ago I watched "Flowers in the Attic" where after the death of her husband a woman and her three kids have no choice but to return back to her wealthy parents to live with them. Upon arrival the parents give the woman 15 lashes one for every year she was with her husband.  After that she lives comfortably with them and goes on to meet other men and get engaged to remarry but the story focuses on the un-wanted children who are locked in a room that they discover links to the attic. The grandparents feed the children arsenic laced cookies and the older two figure it out pretty much after the youngest dies. In the end the older two children (think teenage age) manage to break free (after being locked up for almost a year) and get down into the wedding of their husband to a new man. The woman unable to bear the vision of her pale-faced and barely living children from the first marriage swans dive out the window and is strangled to death by her own veil.

Did I mention I saw this movie as a child? like really young(<10yrs), I'm sure I'm missing some details here but its a downer when your an adult. For a child to see it is the stuff therapy is made of.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »

I had forgotten about "The Bridge", but that one is definitely up there for me.  Also, a few others that have already been mentioned:

Grave of the Fireflies (not much of an anime fan, but this one packs a punch)
Dancer In The Dark
Requiem For A Dream
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Eden Lake

A few that I don't think have been mentioned (but I could be wrong):

Magnolia (has both uplifting ups and depressing downs)
Leaving Las Vegas
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Jude
Punishment Park
Dead Man's Shoes
Million Dollar Baby
Sophie's Choice

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

I found The First Deadly Sin (1980) to be a downer...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  most depressing movie you have seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.