Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:42:13 PM
714320 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Trueblood « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trueblood  (Read 7724 times)
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

"Cujo, where are ya boy?"

« on: May 10, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »

Has anyone here seen this newish gem? Its first season concluded in the summer and is going to start a second season in June. The spfx are amazing for a television show. The cast is very interesting as well, and it puts a new spin on the supernatural world. I am excited to see what the next season will bring to the table... Twirling

"Oh,there will be blood."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »

I saw the first episode during a free preview, it looked kind of interesting.  Liked the babes  TeddyR  Kind of been debating about picking it up on DVD.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »

Ooh is it on dvd? I was trying to find it on dvd the other day but cannot seem to find it. Ah, maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:44:40 AM »

I guess the first season is being released a week from today.  Amazon has a $20 discount for pre-orders  TeddyR

http://www.amazon.com/True-Blood-Complete-First-Season/dp/B001FB4W0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242128548&sr=8-1

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »

I watched the pilot and thought it was kind of mediocre.  I was going to watch more of it, but then it was no longer available on On Demand.   Thumbdown

I thought it had potential though, which was why I wanted to watch more.  Probably my biggest complaint is it has that modern HBO/Showtime use of sex, where they oversaturate the show with it basically because they can.  Deadwood and Californication use it the same way.
hotspur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

I watched the whole first season and I'm looking forward tot he second.  I liked it a lot and thought it was a cool idea: that vampires are living, more or less, openly among us.  It got a little kooky, imho, when one character turned up to be a lycanthrope and the young African-American girl is tiresome.  That said Sookie is very pretty and a couple of the other vampires are smoking hot.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »

This is a great piece of music, some of the images are not safe for work
Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:58:17 PM by Dennis » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »

I absolutely agree! That particular song is one that will win you over one way the other...fighting it is pointless. I even have the song on my ipod=nerd.  TeddyR

Susan
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »

i'm willing to dig up this thread for the mere fact that i'm completely obsessed with this show. The acting is very cheesy but damn - you have vampires, sex, meneads, and rednecks. IT seriously doesn't get better

I think i fell in love with the show when i saw the leading lady get sprayed with about 40 gallons of vampire blood in a staking scene
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:47 PM »

I subscribe to the HBO newsletter and was waiting for the right time to post about this...

They actually have a new drink, Tru:Blood, that's based on the show.

Click here to order some.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:24:17 PM by Ash » Logged
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 05:25:35 AM »

I must be the only person on the planet not watching this show !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Susan
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 09:50:09 PM »

I subscribe to the HBO newsletter and was waiting for the right time to post about this...

They actually have a new drink, Tru:Blood, that's based on the show.

Click here to order some.

I know, i've been waiting on that drink but i heard you can only order on the internet, I was hoping they would hit stores. It would be cool to just have the bottle, i have no real desire to drink it otherwise as it's just an orange soda..LOL

woulda been great tho if a guy could have bought me a drink somewhere and asked what i was having and i could say "true blood"

sigh
Susan
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »

i love this show so much i want to make babies with it..lol
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »

Just got finished watching the 2nd season finale... blast these cliffhangers  Hatred

I prefer the 1st season storyline to this one even though they fleshed out the world some more the show exists in. Still I'll take it over Twilight any day. A good blend of humor and horror. 

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 01:37:10 AM »

Me either, you're not alone!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Trueblood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.