Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:27:17 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Last Albums you bought « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Last Albums you bought  (Read 27204 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »

I buy CDs all the time... my latest: STAN KENTON Artistry In Rhythm (yeh, REV, oop, but found a sealed copy  TeddyR

Are you going to open it and ruin its value?  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »

I buy CDs all the time... my latest: STAN KENTON Artistry In Rhythm (yeh, REV, oop, but found a sealed copy  TeddyR)
Are you going to open it and ruin its value?  Wink
Damned straight. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 03:03:17 PM »

I buy music often. I buy Vinyl because underground/D.I.Y. punk/hardcore bands still sell 7'(EP)and 12'(LP) formats. The last thing I bought was:

Boiling Over-Trash City EP
Endless Blockade-Primitive CD

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pilgermann

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 11:31:22 PM »

I've cut down on my music buying habits over the years due various financial priorities, but I still get things fairly regularly.  I mostly hunt for used CDs or bargain bin stuff.  I kind of miss the days of dropping nearly $50 a week at the local record store.

Within the past month or so I've gotten these:

Return of the Living Dead soundtrack
Kentucky Colonels - Appalachian Swing!
The Church - Beside Yourself
The Church - Untitled #23
Zawinul Syndicate - Black Water -- I don't care for it much but it was only 25 cents
Genesis - Three Sides Live
The Refreshments - Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy
Kenny Werner - Lawn Chair Society
Cream - Disraeli Gears
R.E.M. - Murmur
Steve Kilbey & Martin Kennedy - Unseen Music Unheard Words
Zachary J. Mechlem - The Haight Gang

Javakoala
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »

The first albums I've bought in months:

Ladytron -- 604 and Light & Magic

Goldfrapp -- Seventh Tree
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:16 AM »

http://mcsfile-us.s3.amazonaws.com/00000000000007344054/080

Picked this up yesterday at the local flea market for $1.75 Thumbup
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »

Today I picked up a greatest hits cd by Talk Talk.  I had forgotten how all around great this British band was.  I also ordered a copy of John Fogerty's Eye of the Zombie today as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »

Starting to realise now, that most of my favourite rock artists are Canadian. Even though, this is more commercial than her earlier work and not jazz like her later work, Lee Aaron will always be my "Metal Queen".

voltron

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »

Today I picked up a greatest hits cd by Talk Talk.  I had forgotten how all around great this British band was.  I also ordered a copy of John Fogerty's Eye of the Zombie today as well.
Torgo, Talk Talk have quickly become one of my absolute favorite bands recently. Granted, I downloaded a few of their albums, but man oh man are they INCREDIBLE! Spirit Of Eden and Laughing Stock are two of the most brilliant unclassifiable albums I've ever heard.Their record company sued them because they thought SOE wasn't "commercial" enough. The Color Of Spring is excellent as well, even though it's slightly more "pop" than the other two. Mark Hollis has such a nice distinctive voice. It's a shame they're not around anymore.  Bluesad
Anyway, I recently ordered Amoeba's - "Pivot" off eBay. Excellent band who were also influenced by Talk Talk.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »

Torgo, Talk Talk have quickly become one of my absolute favorite bands recently. Granted, I downloaded a few of their albums, but man oh man are they INCREDIBLE! Spirit Of Eden and Laughing Stock are two of the most brilliant unclassifiable albums I've ever heard.Their record company sued them because they thought SOE wasn't "commercial" enough. The Color Of Spring is excellent as well, even though it's slightly more "pop" than the other two. Mark Hollis has such a nice distinctive voice. It's a shame they're not around anymore.  Bluesad
Anyway, I recently ordered Amoeba's - "Pivot" off eBay. Excellent band who were also influenced by Talk Talk.

I'd highly recommend Mark Hollis's solo effort from 98' also.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

Starting to realise now, that most of my favourite rock artists are Canadian. Even though, this is more commercial than her earlier work and not jazz like her later work, Lee Aaron will always be my "Metal Queen".

Funny, a little while ago, I started revisiting a lot of Canadian bands of the 80s, and I was amazed at just how many of the songs on the radio were homegrown back then. Canada put out a lot of great talent in the 80s. Actually, from the late 60s to the mid-90s, there was a lot of good stuff. I don't know what the hell happened that we started getting Nickelback and Simple Plan and crap like that.

Anyway, speaking of Canadian rock bands of the 80s, the last album I bought was The Best of Prism, which I found for $10 on the weekend. I already have some of their music, but this was a nice collection, and I needed to grab something to play in the car.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:03:37 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »

This just arrived in the mail yesterday, in time for me to take it along on some business today that required an hour's drive each way. Been looking for this soundtrackon CD off and on for years, and must have played "Over Me" at least a dozen times today. I passed a lot of heavy construction equipment on the highway, and it kind of made me chuckle. No urge to drive into any bulldozers though. TeddyR
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »

Small | Large

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »

Bought my friends band demo on tape. Their called Death First and their pretty good

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 05:42:07 PM »

all digital... the last actual CD I got, at a guess, was AC/DC's newest one

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Last Albums you bought « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.