Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:17:12 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Any other tee totaler's out there « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Any other tee totaler's out there  (Read 15317 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 16, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

While I can't say I completely abstain from alcohol. I might have the occasional drink to just be sociable, for the most part I stay away from alcohol. Its not a religious thing, its just that I really hate the taste of alcohol. Beer honestly reminds me of urine, and everything else reminds me to much of rubbing alcohol. People always tell me they can make me a drink and I won't be able to tell, but I always can, maybe my sense of taste is just better than everyone else's.I live in Wisconsin, were this attitude towards drinking seems to confound most people, strangely enough women have a bigger problem with me not drinking than guys do. This has always been annoying when meeting women, especially if I like them.
So seeing as 99% of people like alcohol, I always like to find out who else doesn't like it for what ever reason.

Smells like popcorn and shame
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »

First, I'm in the same boat these days. I don't drink just for the sake of drinking anymore. It's gotten too old, it's not very healthy, It's been linked to the same cancer my father died of, and it's fairly expensive. When I was young, it always seemed like whatever I wanted to do was more fun with alcohol. Now, I have a drink or two and realize I can't drive anywhere, ride my Quad or my Sled, can't go shooting, hiking in the mountains isn't real smart after drinking, besides the fact you can't legally carry a gun while intoxicated. BUT, alcohol seems to screw my sleep up these days, so what's the point.

Second, What you say supports a theory of mine. I believe that when someone doesn't like the taste of something, it's often due to a sensitivity to it's taste. I HATE carrots and all that contains them. Up until recently, I thought carrot cake tastes no different than carrots to EVERYONE. It's literally all I can taste in it. I can take a salad, pick all the carrots out, and it STILL tastes like a pile of carrots to me, I can taste nothing else.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »

Never been a drinker myself.  I hate the taste of alcohol.  I've had friends say you have to get past the taste to get the benefits.  Sorry, If I don't like the taste-I'm not going to drink it.

I also just don't want to make a d*@k out of myself.  I've seen people do it, and I just don't want that happening to me.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 03:39:21 PM »

Funny you should ask.  I've been on a tea kick of late.  Specifically black tea.  And, you're right, it's all a matter of taste.  To me Earl Grey tea smells like Dial soap.  I can't get beyond that smell and don't even get me started about the taste!

And then there's booze.  As a Greek I'm supposed to like Ouzo.  Can't stand it.  Used to like licorice as a kid but this stuff is too strong.  Supposedly a shot in a glass of cola is supposed to be awesome.  I say YUCK!  Then again I don't like vodka, rum, or hard liquor in general either.

Certain beers have their use, mostly as a ingredient in chili- chocolate stout is particularly good for this purpose, but use it sparringly so it doesn't overwhelm the flavor of the chili- but for drinking not so much.  It's very heavy and thick.  Almost like a liquid meal.  OTOH I find most American beer tastes like alkasetlzer. (The plain oldfashioned kind your grandma used to have in her medicine cabinate.)  Oddly I do rather like fermented honey.  Can't stand the stuff when it's fresh and nice but, put it in a cabinet and forget about it for a year or three, then rediscover it after the sugar has sperated and it's got little fermentation bubbles in it and it's awesome.  Properly aged wine's are also alright in my book.  Not that I drink it.  I'm really more of a soda man.  Dr. Pepper to be precise.

Cheers

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »

The answer is no.

I'm an alcoholic.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »

The answer is no.

I'm an alcoholic.

Braggart!

TongueOut

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »

I'm not of age yet, though I don't really plan to drink when I am "allowed". Just don't see any reason for it :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 04:04:22 PM »

Just don't see any reason for it :P

, , ,then what are you going to use to get through sex with ugly chicks?  BounceGiggle

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »

, , ,then what are you going to use to get through sex with ugly chicks?  BounceGiggle

Smells like popcorn and shame
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 04:18:08 PM »

I used to be a teetotaler, and now that I've graduated college, it seems likely I'll go back to that.  It's too expensive and I don't drink for the sake of drinking, if I drink it's a social thing with the guys I'd take a bullet for.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »

...I'm also going to stay abstinent ._.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »

The answer is no.

I'm an alcoholic.

Ditto....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

No, I'm not a tea totaler.  I used to drink a whole lot, now days it's just 5 beers on Friday and Saturday (5 each, not combined  TeddyR ).  Sometimes, if I'm really feeling wild, maybe six beers.  Gave up on hard liquor ages ago, made me feel like crap for days afterwards.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »

I used to drink pretty heavily...especially after the death of my younger brother back in 2003.  I drowned myself in sorrow and lots of beer back then.
I still like to drink beer but nowadays it's usually only on the weekends.
Now that I'm in college, I don't get any homework done if I drink.  Plus, I'm 35 years old.  I can't toss 'em back like I used to.

I don't drink hard liquor.  Ever.
Hard liquor smells and tastes absolutely disgusting to me.  All kinds of hard liquor.
Rum, vodka, gin, tequila, whiskey, you name it...I stay away from it.
But a 12 pack of beer, I'll drink the entire thing on a Saturday night.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »

Honestly, I think that alcohol is one of life's greatest pleasures and can't imagine a world without it.  (I feel the same way about coffee).  It eases the troubled mind, and the complex flavors of a merlot, bourbon or oatmeal stout are irreproducible.

Having said that, Nick, I fully support your right to be a teetotaller and think it's terrible that anyone would make you feel bad about it.  Those who are cursed with a dislike of alcohol are to be pitied, not despised.  I have relatives who are teetotalers and I wish they could share in the joy of strong drink, but they're not cut out for it.  I guess they have to settle for poor substitutes, like religion, and love.  Wink

I drink at about the same level Jack does, no more than three beers in a sitting.  More than that and the negative effects start to outweigh the positives.

If your beer tastes like urine, you're probably drinking Budweiser. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Any other tee totaler's out there « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.