Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:24 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Any other tee totaler's out there « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Any other tee totaler's out there  (Read 15411 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »

I'm not of age yet, though I don't really plan to drink when I am "allowed". Just don't see any reason for it :P

I'm with you.  I'm not old enough to drink and I have no interested in doing it when I'm older.

, , ,then what are you going to use to get through sex with ugly chicks?  BounceGiggle

That question wasn't directed at me, but I feel I'll get the same question from someone anyways, so I'll just answer it.  I'm not going to have sex until I'm married.  Why should I do it anyways?  I feel as if I am a rare breed of teenager.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »

I don't drink.

I'm a T total, totally.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 03:24:06 PM »

Okay RC, that's enough information  TeddyR

Sorry, but Menard hasn't been around latley...just trying to pick up the slack.  TongueOut

I agree that alchohol is not for some....actually that includes ME. Problem is...I have a problem. I have tried AA,rehab,and head shrinkers...no go. I wish I could stop...really. But I can't seem to beat it.

Just curious, have you tried controlled drinking? 

I drink about 3 nights a week....oddly enough....I take Fridays and Saterdays off.  To an alchoholic....there often is no control....once I start...I can't stop untill I pass out or run out of booze. I AM drinking less,though...just because I aint as young as I used to be.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 09:16:12 PM »

I went through a drinking phase in my 20s.  It wasn't crazy but every Friday would see me downing a few to get a buzz.  Granted a few times I went overboard.  Hell, I'd even argue I gave myself alchool poisoning once or twice.  That was before family responsiblities.  Nowadays I seldom drink.  I need to sleep it off and with kids, your sleep schedule is unpredictable.  If I drink now, its to enjoy the taste of a nice cold beer.  And yes, I love the taste of beer.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 01:13:27 AM »

While I can't say I completely abstain from alcohol. I might have the occasional drink to just be sociable, for the most part I stay away from alcohol. Its not a religious thing, its just that I really hate the taste of alcohol. Beer honestly reminds me of urine, and everything else reminds me to much of rubbing alcohol. People always tell me they can make me a drink and I won't be able to tell, but I always can, maybe my sense of taste is just better than everyone else's.I live in Wisconsin, were this attitude towards drinking seems to confound most people, strangely enough women have a bigger problem with me not drinking than guys do. This has always been annoying when meeting women, especially if I like them.
So seeing as 99% of people like alcohol, I always like to find out who else doesn't like it for what ever reason.

I'm a sort - of teetotaller I guess, I don't drink hard liquor but I have a beer once in a while. The last time I had a beer was over Christmas last year. My Dad unfortunately had a problem with alcohol and I felt that drinking heavily would seriously affect my life as it did his, so I made the decision that I don't need alcohol in my life.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:46 AM »

but DO NOT TAKE COFFEE FROM ME  Hatred Hatred
-Ed

BounceGiggle TeddyR

Well said!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 01:20:53 AM »

Hell my peter gets hard when the wind blows. 

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

RC, I wish I could give you karma for that remark and the one about beating the hell out of the garbage can.

TeddyR

bucklj
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 02:35:01 AM »

HI ,   Yeah I am a tee totaler I drank a little in college but at parties and the like it is almost like a right of passage at that age I guess.  I just don't like how it makes me feel I like to be totally aware and alive.  I am not moralizing I just don't dig it.
Regards,
Jim
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:49 AM »

I don't drink any alcohol at all. Stopped drinking the stuff over 15 years ago because being drunk had became my natural state of existence. Got nothing against alcohol or those who can drink it responsibly. Just know that I can't.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »

Drank like a fish until about age 26 or so.  After I got married I rarely drank.  After my cancer scare in the late 80's I gave it up for good. Haven't had a drink of any kind for about 20 years.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 02:51:17 PM »

I gave it up a few years ago for health reasons. it wasn't helping me get over my diabetes. I think I iss the stuff surrounding it mroe than the hooch itself. Hanging out in bars, taverns and the like with friends who still drink isn't the same when you don't. it changes the social aspect somehow. When I hang out with people who don't drink, then things are fine.Plus I miss the crisp smell of a good beer.  But it will be worth it if I can put "The Sugar" behind me.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »

I gave it up a few years ago for health reasons. it wasn't helping me get over my diabetes. I think I iss the stuff surrounding it mroe than the hooch itself. Hanging out in bars, taverns and the like with friends who still drink isn't the same when you don't. it changes the social aspect somehow. When I hang out with people who don't drink, then things are fine.Plus I miss the crisp smell of a good beer.  But it will be worth it if I can put "The Sugar" behind me.

For awhile (college & just after) I was with a crowd that liked mixed drinks, and I settled on gin and tonics as my favorite. Then I realized that what I liked was the tonic. Nobody ever blinked an eyelid if I ordered a "tonic and lime", and in fact one friend was surprised when I mentioned something about drinking a non-alcoholic beverage. He thought I'd ordered a cocktail.

I guess I'm saying that the alcohol content wouldn't be a big part of the social aspect for me. But then I don't really hang out in bars, so I don't actually have a "social aspect".
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »

I don't drink nearly as much as I did 15 - 20 years ago, but I still enjoy liquor, especially if I'm out with a group of people.  Sadly, I LOVED to be drunk when I was in my 20s and 30s.  I mean, I REALLY LOVED the feeling of being drunk.  If I went to a bar, I'd start out drinking beer and shots of Sambuca as soon as I got there.  Within the first half hour, I'd have 3 or 4 shots and keep filling my glass from the beer pitcher to get myself feeling good as early as possible.  Then I'd keep drinking beer and getting occasional shots throughout the rest of the night.  Sometimes, I'd switch from beer to scotch.  Often, I barely rememebered what happened during the final hour or two of the night.  But I was always laughing and talking and having a great time.  Just felt great and I loved it.  I still feel this way when I drink, except now I only drink like this a few times a year as opposed to several nights a week when I was younger.  This is probably a bad (and sad) state of affairs, but that's me . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »

RCMerchant,

Look on the bright side.  At leat you aren't that Phelps guy.  One picture of him taking a hit off a bong and he goes from golden boy to pariah.  You can drink yourself stupid on beer, liquor, mexican p**s water, or whatever your poison is and no one will bat an eyelash.  But take a bong hit?  Smoke a cigarette in public?

LOOK OUT!

So what if you fall off a bus bench or two?  So what if you've woken up in your own rancid buttermilk puke?  So what if you've woken up in stranger's houses without your pants, covered in honey, wearing a tiara, and a smiley face drawn on your tallywhacker?  At least you're not smoking anything, like that Phelps guy, right?

BounceGiggle

This is getting off subject but Eddie Izzard does this great bit about the stoned Olympics
Small | Large

To be sure I'll say NSFW.  Anytime somebody mentions Phelps now-I think of this

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 07:29:13 AM »

I'm a nondrinker also. I thought I was the only one who could taste (and despise the taste of) even minuscule amounts of alcohol in things. Friends have occasionally tried to tell me "you won't even taste the alcohol in this," but I always do. Sometimes I wish I could say I don't drink for religious reasons (only very rarely), but in actuality, I just can't stand the taste of any form of alcohol, be it beer, wine, or hard liquor. I also never saw the point in drinking, since it is expensive and makes you (potentially) stupid.

Like a couple of others, Dr Pepper is my weakness. I understand ghouck's aversion to soda; I've heard of others giving up soda altogether and then trying it again later, only to find it is too sweet. I, however, am not there--I drink waaaay too much Dr Pepper. The caffeine doesn't affect me anymore, at least in regard to sleep, and as for getting too much sugar, it's possible, though soda is usually the only sweet thing I have during the day. I'm not much of a candy eater, and I don't usually have dessert. So add me to the 1% of nondrinkers and to the list of Dr Pepper addicts.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Any other tee totaler's out there « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.