Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:38:07 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please help settle this argument « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Please help settle this argument  (Read 6996 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 16, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »

Yes, hi badmoviephiles.  I need your help.  I'm having an argument with my good friend Dexter.  Here's how it goes

2 weeks ago, Dexter and his friends came over my place to watch with me the Disney/Pixar film Cars.  Like we do every week, we select a movie and nitpik all its reality flaws.  Cars had so many reality flaws its unreal.  But there is a little disagreement between Dexter and me concerning Cars's main character, Lightning McQueen.  You see, Dexter thinks Lightning is a 1976 corvette stingray.  But I think he's wrong.  Lightning McQueen's body style is more like a Dodge Viper.  Which one of us is right?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »

Have you considered trying IMDB?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »

Actually, I don't think either of you is. It looks more like Lightning is meant to be a generic sports car. It wouldn't surprise me if it isn't supposed to look like anything specific. That way, they don't have to share any royalties from the toy reproductions.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:14:48 PM »

OK - why on earth would you waste time "nitpicking for reality flaws"  in an animated movie about talking cars????? BounceGiggle

It's not just fiction, it's a freaking FAIRY TALE!  It was not intended to have any resemblance to reality  whatsoever!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »

OK - why on earth would you waste time "nitpicking for reality flaws"  in an animated movie about talking cars????? BounceGiggle

It's not just fiction, it's a freaking FAIRY TALE!  It was not intended to have any resemblance to reality  whatsoever!!!

Well first of all, I bet it's EASY. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »

Ok first off, I didn't choose the film my friends and I nitpicked 2 weeks ago.  Its always put to a vote.  There's about 15 of us.  They come over my house to nitpick film because I have the best home theater setup of the 15 of us.  We have been doing this for the last 12 years.  I remember last year when we nitpicked The Devil's Rejects.  We unanimously agreed that was the absolute worst film in the history of filmmaking.  So we took the DVD, I brought out my bag of Kingsford and lighter fluid and...you can guess the rest.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 09:27:56 AM »

I remember last year when we nitpicked The Devil's Rejects.  We unanimously agreed that was the absolute worst film in the history of filmmaking.  So we took the DVD, I brought out my bag of Kingsford and lighter fluid and...you can guess the rest.

hot   BLASPHEMER!!!   hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »

You see, Dexter thinks Lightning is a 1976 corvette stingray.  But I think he's wrong.  Lightning McQueen's body style is more like a Dodge Viper.  Which one of us is right?

Aww, I think it's best you both agree this is all silly and make friends again in the playground tomorrow.  Smile

Javakoala
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 01:07:30 PM »

You see, Dexter thinks Lightning is a 1976 corvette stingray.  But I think he's wrong.  Lightning McQueen's body style is more like a Dodge Viper.  Which one of us is right?

Aww, I think it's best you both agree this is all silly and make friends again in the playground tomorrow.  Smile

Wow, now I know why you disappeared for a while.  There's a ruptured pod somewhere with the deflated skin of the REAL Circus Circus near it.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »

Nitpick this

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:24:32 PM by the ghoul » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »

HAHAHAHA!!!!! BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle HAHAHHAHA!!!

oh...gawd...that's funny....!  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Javakoala
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 07:53:34 PM »

HAHAHAHA!!!!! BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle HAHAHHAHA!!!

oh...gawd...that's funny....!  Cheers

I agree. I laughed so hard, I thought I was gonna pee. Oh that felt good.  Karma, ghoul!!
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

Nah, I'll just do to that what I did with the Devil's Rejects DVD.  Beer anyone???

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 05:09:31 PM »

Nah, I'll just do to that what I did with the Devil's Rejects DVD.  Beer anyone???

No thanks.  None for me.  I'm driving.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »

i think its funny that you get together to nitpick the reality flaws in movies and you have a Dark Crystal avatar.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please help settle this argument « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.