Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:04:54 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Fried Fair Food « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Deep Fried Fair Food  (Read 3536 times)
hellbilly
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »

I finally got to eat deep fried oreos this weekend, and it wasn't too bad actually. I might try deep fried mac & cheese the next time.
Anyone here enjoy or hate deep fried fair food? Fess up  Smile
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:43:05 AM »

Living in the Southeastern US where deep frying stuff is something we do often, it's hard to find something I would consider a "fair food" beyond funnel cake. I love funnel cakes but only time I can find them is when the fair is in town or I go to an amusement park.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:17:23 AM »

Cheese curds.  Mmmmm.  Years ago we went to a Musclecar Shootout at the Brainerd International Raceway and lived off cheese curds and beer for an entire weekend.  Don't get much better than that!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:37:35 AM »

Elephant Ears!!!  Smile Going to the fair aint complete without elephant ears! (or corn dogs!).
Watching the crash-up derby and eating elephant ears and corn dogs. Man....I wanna got to the fair now....gotta wait till July,though.

On a fluke...I typed in 'Van Buern County Fair' on youtube....and they got videos!!!! This is the fair I been going to since 1970!!!

Demolition derby!
Small | Large

Here are some of the rides....boy...I ain't been to the fair in about 5 years...I need to take the kids this year....so much fun!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:50:59 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:38:50 AM »

When I retire from teaching, I am going to open up my own booth, starting out at Trades Days and County Fairs and working my way up to the State Fair of Texas.  I'm gonna sell deep-fried, chocolate covered sausage on a stick!!

I fully plan to make a million in the first ten years, or better! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »

Blooming onions: a *whole* vidalia onion, cut so it separates into french-fry-sized 'fingers', dipped in batter and fried, all dressed (doused with sour cream, salsa, bacon bits, hot sauce, shredded cheddar, gravy and anything else ya got!) - that's a plateful!

Curse you, hellbilly, now I want one!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:28:53 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »

Mmmm funnel cakes! Also, deep fried Snickers bars and Twinkies.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »

Corn dogs!

Either it's because I haven't been to a fair in a long time, or because they fry different stuff up here in Da*m Yankee territory, but I've never seen a fried Oreo, Snickers or Twinky.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »

Corn dogs!

Either it's because I haven't been to a fair in a long time, or because they fry different stuff up here in Da*m Yankee territory, but I've never seen a fried Oreo, Snickers or Twinky.
Don't feel bad. Here in the South, we will batter and fry up just about anything that might be edible. While not a "fair food", I have known people who have batter fried squirrels, rabbits, mushrooms, veggies, twinkies, candy bars, and anything else they thought they could eat. Worse still, my late father use to tell me tales of people being duped into buying skinned cats and told they were wild rabbits. So in a way, you might be lucky not to live down here with the way some people will eat anything around here.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

My name is Ed, and I like deep friend stuff.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »

When I retire from teaching, I am going to open up my own booth, starting out at Trades Days and County Fairs and working my way up to the State Fair of Texas.  I'm gonna sell deep-fried, chocolate covered sausage on a stick!!

I fully plan to make a million in the first ten years, or better! TeddyR

I find the fare described above to be quite tempting, so I'll be your first customer, I'd even go to Texas just to try it.
(Just shows how strange I am.)

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »

I'm a big fan of fried dough.  As for fried mac & cheese, I never ate it at a fair, but I've had it at restaurants here in Massachusetts as well as at Toby Keith's restaurant in Las Vegas.  At Toby Keith's, each piece of fried mac & cheese is HUGE.  In fact, everything you order there is a huge portion.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »

Halibut, calamari, and mushrooms are about the only things I like deep fried. There are few things better than deep fried halibut. If you start with the grease not hot enough, anything will soak it up and be nasty, especially mushrooms. I used to like Onion rings, but haven't had a decent one in so long I think they went extinct.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 07:03:10 AM »

Haven't had funnel cake in years.  Might have to get some next time I go to a fair or something. 
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

We have an event out here called The Big E (aka Eastern States Expo) that have a wide array of artery clogging choices.  Where I don't eat bad usually, I make it a point to get these awesome french fries.   I think they're called "Jack's French Fries".  Anyhow, I load their fries with enough vinegar to make me cry and salt. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Deep Fried Fair Food « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.