Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:26:11 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Pre-Spoiled Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Pre-Spoiled Movies  (Read 10779 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 01:27:24 AM »

It just occurred to me that I've never gotten around to seeing Sleepaway Camp, and yet I've known all about the ending for over 20 years. I think it's pretty much taken for granted among slasher fans that the ending is common knowledge.

I was fortunate enough to see that movie completely cold.  Talk about a shocker.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 03:10:54 AM »

I was also lucky enough to see Sleepaway Camp before it was ruined. 

The one that someone ruined for me was The Sixth Sense.  It's pretty common knowledge now, though. 

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »

Come to think of it, I never got around to seeing The Crying Game, and I know the twist in that too. That one has gotten referenced in a few comedies over the last decade and a half.

Don't feel bad.  I also know the twist in "The Crying Game" and have never seen it.   Bluesad

(I always think of the end of the first Ace Ventura movie whenever I think of The Crying Game...Tone Loc scratching his tongue!)
BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:21:29 AM by Ash » Logged
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:12:10 PM »

Suddenly Last Summer - The blurb on the back of the dvd case gives away the whole ending. Who needs suspense, right?

Babies taste best.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »

Around 6 or 7 years ago a coworker and I were discussing films, and I mentioned " yeah I cried in the theater as a kid when E.T. died,"  and he looked at me in shock.

"What E.T. dies?!? Thanks a lot man I haven't seen that yet and now you've ruined it for me." All mad like I had spoiled some ultra-top secret.

Okay this guy was in his late 30's when we had the conversation, so I assumed somewhere in the intervening 20 years he would have either seen the movie, or spoken to someone who had seen it.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »

Around 6 or 7 years ago a coworker and I were discussing films, and I mentioned " yeah I cried in the theater as a kid when E.T. died,"  and he looked at me in shock.

"What E.T. dies?!? Thanks a lot man I haven't seen that yet and now you've ruined it for me." All mad like I had spoiled some ultra-top secret.

Okay this guy was in his late 30's when we had the conversation, so I assumed somewhere in the intervening 20 years he would have either seen the movie, or spoken to someone who had seen it.

As long as you didn't tell him ET comes back to life. That would really have spoiled the ending. So, after almost 30 years of not seeing it, he was suddenly going to rush right out and rent it?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 05:59:40 PM »

Psycho was the big one that was spoiled...well the shower scene portion of it anyways. It still startled me with its twist ending and the falling backwards down the stairs scene.

Not sure how but I somehow managed to see Planet of the Apes without it being spoiled which completely blew me away with its ending. Soylent Green I managed to guess before the end.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
IDontLikeBerkshire
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:16 PM »

Sixth Sense, Fight Club, and a few others are the big ones.
Django
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »

Donnie Darko
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 02:05:40 PM »

If Anyone Wants To Know The Ending To Hundreds Of Different Movies

Go To :     http://www.moviepooper.com

I Have Been There Many Times And It Has Saved Me Countless Times From Wasting Time And Money On Some Really Awful(and not in a good way) Movies
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »

I have a nasty habit of accidentally finding out movie endings before I want to.

I usually like to look up movies before watching and I will often read too much by accident and spoil the movie for myself.  The worst part is I know it's totally my fault.  I always feel stupidly/angrily ashamed with myself.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »

I have a nasty habit of accidentally finding out movie endings before I want to.

I usually like to look up movies before watching and I will often read too much by accident and spoil the movie for myself.  The worst part is I know it's totally my fault.  I always feel stupidly/angrily ashamed with myself.

I know the feeling. Any time I'm really looking forward to a movie, especially one promising twists, I try to shun all reviews, discussions and anything else that might reveal too much or otherwise colour my moviegoing experience. Mind you, the effort has been wasted on a lot of the disappointing flicks to come out in recent years.

---------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »

I know the feeling. Any time I'm really looking forward to a movie, especially one promising twists, I try to shun all reviews, discussions and anything else that might reveal too much or otherwise colour my moviegoing experience. Mind you, the effort has been wasted on a lot of the disappointing flicks to come out in recent years.

That's why I don't give away endings, or major plot developments, in reviews.  Duh.  Wish my fellow reviewers would consider that novel idea. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 08:37:26 AM »

That's why I don't give away endings, or major plot developments, in reviews.  Duh.  Wish my fellow reviewers would consider that novel idea. 

Heck, the people promoting the movies don't even worry about that. It's sad when you have to avoid the trailer in case there are spoilers.

---------------------
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »

I remember when we went to see THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS in the theaters.  My college age nephew was with us, and as we were walking out, everybody still in fairly silent, sensory overload mode from the movie, one of the guys waiting in line asked "How was it?"

My nephew looked at him and said in a shocked voice: "Man, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's father!!!"

Everybody cracked up.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Pre-Spoiled Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.