Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:04 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is Print Media Out of Touch? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Print Media Out of Touch?  (Read 1511 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: May 24, 2009, 12:03:13 AM »

Or, more specifically, those running it.

What do you think?

The curious can click here to read about what spawned this question.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »

I think reviewers are more concerned with analyzing the quality of a product rather than its potential profitability.  Quality is just one item in the equation.  As far as books, an author can turn out one very good work, and from then on assail their audience with rubbish, but they'll make money.  And then there's the choice of topic.  The DaVinci Code was one of the most poorly written books I've read in a while, but of course it was controversial.  As far as movies, a very lukewarm Summer blockbuster can be released, but if they run ads for it every ten minutes on TV, it will probably gross a lot of money.  And then there's trends.  My wife informs me that the New York Time bestseller list is full of vampire books this week.  I'm sure a vampire book would make more money today than it would have two years ago.  And like it or not, everyone has their own biases.  Roger Ebert hated slasher movies, yet they made good money throughout the '80s.  And then there's the whole "I don't care whether it's good or not, it's part of the culture to go to movies, and I don't want to go to work Monday morning and be left out of the conversation."

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »

print media is really out of touch.  the beltway is like the green zone in iraq during the height of the chaos a few years ago.  they are cut off and safe and clean and it's reflected in their coverage of the issues of the day.  

I campaigned for ron paul last year and it was hilarious if entirely frutrating how they just hated us.  a 70+ year old republican from texas raises 20 million in a month and has these massive rallies and not a hint of interest.  they show cute cats on roller skates or whatever the "viral video" of the net is that day but when there is something huge going on that just happens to be anti government nope, nuthin to see here.  

they are desperately holding on to the status quo of the 80's and 90's and they are shocked they are losing money.  they don't call it a "correction" for nothing!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is Print Media Out of Touch? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.