Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:34 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your ancesteral nationality? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: What is your ancesteral nationality?  (Read 19647 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 06:57:09 AM »

I'm British and I think we all come from, um, anyone know ?  Question

The British come from cavemen.  Smile And crazy Druids.

Ohhh...okay...well...that explains my hair.... Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:32:12 AM »

I honestly have no clue what my ancestral nationality was nor have I ever cared. Other relatives have guessed at it and even claimed we were related to some historically famous people. I always figured they got told that from some website that tells everyone they have at least one famous relative in their family history just to make them feel good about the money they spent to that site. Personally I consider myself an American and can trace that back for at least four generations.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »

Due to the fact that American Indian blood comes in handy for quite a few things, I have a blood quantum card that states that I am 11/32 Tlingit, something that never fails to amuse me.

Comes in handy, yes, indeed.  By the way, do you sell vials of your blood?  My current supplier is only 7/32 Tlingit.  I'll use it responsibly; I swear it has nothing to do with page 366 of the Necronomicon...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

Oh, I forgot to mention. My dad and his numerous siblings on the fully-Scottish side of the family all have red hair. I sometimes refer to them as the Harkonnen side of the family.  TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 11:20:16 AM »

I'm three-quarters Polish and a quarter German.  There's a tiny bit of Swiss in there somehwere as well.

My stepma is Polish. My Dad married her in 1970....when I was 8. I feel half polack. We had family reunions-(not my Dads....my stepma's) and Polka music,kielbasa and pig ear soup was the thing of the day. And booze. LOTSA booze! Welcome to farm country-Michigan. Polacks,Russians,Croations,and Germans. Most of the Norweigians hail from Allegan county,round here. I'll bet Flackbait,being in Holland-Grand Rapids area-is Dutch. Just a guess....or one of the above that populate SW Michigan. Oh-and  Mexicans and hillbillys. Lotsa them too.  Lotsa migrant workers...as agricultre is the main job source here. Do'nt see to many Itailians or Jews....many I lived with in NYC.
Nope no Dutch or mexican! All I really know about my ancestory is that I'm Part British, Irish and 1/64 Cherokee. I guess i have a lot of the rest of Eurupe in me too, nobody ever really kept any family records on my dads side of the family. I do know from my moms side of the family that I'm related to Henry Clay.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »

1/2 Polish, 1/2 German and 1/2 drunk.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:18 PM »

Homo Erectus.

Very erectus

BounceGiggle.

Sorry.  That old joke just popped into my head.

In Melbourne we have a free daily newspaper that is distributed by the public transport companies to read on trains/buses/trams etc.  In it they have a section called 'overheard' where people sms in the stupid things they hear other people say in public.  Funnily enough I read one last week that went like this:

Boy 1:  "Did you know that man came from Homo Erectus"

Boy 2:  "I'll Homo your erectus."

TeddyR

At least you can cite a source, that's more than I can do.  I think the above joke was from a movie but darned if I can recall which one.

Anyways back on topic I am 3/4 Australian [and by that I mean English] 1/4 Lebanese [grandfather on mum's side].  Look at the rest of my extended family and you might pick it, since they generally seem a bit more european - slightly tanned etc.  But I must have got the short straw of the gene pool since I'm as white as a spotlight, so you couldn't really pick it.

That's how I am, too.  I sun burned rather easily as a child, still do actually.

Funny thing is when I was a young teenager I had to retake my passport photos several times as I had been to the beach recently and they kept coming out making me look like an American Indian.  The long hair didn't help, either, nor the fact I was wearing a suede jacket that had a faux buckskin look to it.

The guy taking the photos was none too amused as me mum made him retake the photos almost a dozen times.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »

Due to the fact that American Indian blood comes in handy for quite a few things, I have a blood quantum card that states that I am 11/32 Tlingit, something that never fails to amuse me.

Comes in handy, yes, indeed.  By the way, do you sell vials of your blood?  My current supplier is only 7/32 Tlingit.  I'll use it responsibly; I swear it has nothing to do with page 366 of the Necronomicon...

I feel I should warn you that p.366 contains one of the many "traps" that the Mad Arab placed into that accursed tome to waylay the unprepared. But if you say you're going to use it responsibly...

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 03:19:57 PM »

On my father's side:

* My grandfather was born in Sicily in 1898 and came to the U.S. around 1917, I believe.
* My grandmother was born in the U.S., but her parents were born in Italy.

So, pretty much 100% Italian heritage on my father's side.

On my mother's side:

* Both of my grandparents were born in the U.S.  My grandfather grew up on a farm in North Carolina, but moved to Massachusetts when he was a young man.  My grandmother's father was born in England and I believe there is also some German ancestry if you go back a few generations.

The Italian heritage was definitely dominant in my family while I was growing up.  But you'd never suspect I had any Sicilian blood if you saw my blue eyes, blond hair, and light complexion.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »

General northern German/Irish/Scots European, with a soupcon of Jewish way back.  More directly, my mother is English  (born there), I was raised as English as American.   
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 04:18:47 PM »

I feel I should warn you that p.366 contains one of the many "traps" that the Mad Arab placed into that accursed tome to waylay the unprepared. But if you say you're going to use it responsibly...

I'll bet the Rev has some unnameable thing in a locked and shuttered room. Some unspeakable beast-not rat,or bat,or ant or decomposed human being,but with elements of all,and more.. Some horrid blasphmous evil that renders the senses useless as to comprehend....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2009, 06:33:30 PM »

Half Polish, part German, 100% nonsense. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2009, 06:49:11 PM »

Half Polish, part German, 100% nonsense. 
I jibbba jabba so much nonsense it's pathetic. Yet people seem to like me, Fasinaticing,Captain.Its all true...just mundane.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »

I am some sort of blend of English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Polish, Italian, and possibly French. 

My great-grandfather on my dad's side came over from England in 1914 or thereabouts.  His older brothers had all enlisted in the Great War, and he wanted to as well, but his father said, "No, I won't let all my boys go to this damned war" and basically dragged him on to a boat bound for America. 

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 06:29:27 AM »

Scottish and Irish for me, though I'm also curious to what else there is in there, since my dad was adopted though it was within the family, but I don't know who my dad's real father was. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your ancesteral nationality? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.