Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:02:44 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your ancesteral nationality? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: What is your ancesteral nationality?  (Read 19662 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »

British, with trace amounts of Irish and German.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »

Through years of comfortable homogenizing, I have a family of Americans X) . If you go a bit back I have a good bit of most of Europe; Brit, Scot, Irish, German, Polish, Czech... The list goes wayyy on.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »

One-quarter German, Three-quarters mutt (English, Welsh, who-knows-what-all). My family came to America in the late 1800's and settled in Texas. We ain't had no need to leave since.  TongueOut At least we left Germany before all that Reich business. Frightfully uncouth, those Reich people.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 02:42:16 AM »

I doth be descended from British ancestry ~ a huge descent, as I came down minus a parachute.  Wink

Born: Bulawayo, Rhodesia, 11 September 1967 with a loud noise at one end and no responsibility at the other.  Buggedout That sad state of affairs continues to this day.

Mother: Afrikaans from Dutch descent. Mom's mom was a translator during the Anglo Boer War.

Father: English / Jewish descent ~ his dad came from Cornwall originally.

Me ~ adopted as a baby in the then Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) by the two people above who had no idea at all of what they were letting themselves in for.  Buggedout

Shortly after I was born, there were about four hours of darkness across the entire country. Birth of the anti-Christ, you ask?  Buggedout

Nahh.... I was born at 02h30 in the morning.  TeddyR

Due to major scientific research, I have discovered that my family history goes back well over half a decade.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:55:05 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 03:53:40 AM »

Homo Erectus.

Very erectus

BounceGiggle.

Sorry.  That old joke just popped into my head.

In Melbourne we have a free daily newspaper that is distributed by the public transport companies to read on trains/buses/trams etc.  In it they have a section called 'overheard' where people sms in the stupid things they hear other people say in public.  Funnily enough I read one last week that went like this:

Boy 1:  "Did you know that man came from Homo Erectus"

Boy 2:  "I'll Homo your erectus."

TeddyR

Anyways back on topic I am 3/4 Australian [and by that I mean English] 1/4 Lebanese [grandfather on mum's side].  Look at the rest of my extended family and you might pick it, since they generally seem a bit more european - slightly tanned etc.  But I must have got the short straw of the gene pool since I'm as white as a spotlight, so you couldn't really pick it.

Apparently someone on my dad's side did a family tree search years and years ago and somehow linked us to "Longshanks" - King Edward 1st.

Watch out people, royalty is in the house...  TongueOut

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

I'm English but, a 1/4 Welsh (from my dad's parents), an a 1/4 Australian (from my mum's side). Born and bred in Manchester. So there you are.  Smile
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:34:59 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »

Apparently someone on my dad's side did a family tree search years and years ago and somehow linked us to "Longshanks" - King Edward 1st.

Looks like the war is on Dean.  One of my distant ancestors (Sir William de Irwyn) was armor bearer and secretary to Robert the Bruce.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

English mainly, back at least 4 generations anyway.  One Great Gran was Welsh.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
dean

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »

Looks like the war is on Dean.  One of my distant ancestors (Sir William de Irwyn) was armor bearer and secretary to Robert the Bruce.

Then it is a gentleman's battle my dear sir!  Arm your troops and we shall meet at dawn in the nearest field capable of containing our two armies!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 11:22:25 AM »

Mostly American, meaning probably a lot of different places, but I am mainly Iroquois (Seneca & Mohawk) and Irish from my mother's side, Scots and English from my father's side. Although I have no actual proof of this I've been known to say that my ancestors fought on both sides of the Revolutionary War.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »

Then it is a gentleman's battle my dear sir!  Arm your troops and we shall meet at dawn in the nearest field capable of containing our two armies!

Clan Campbell were loyal to Robert the Bruce, so I guess I'm on Trek's side.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »

I'm a wide variety of northern European descent.

A bit of Dutch on both sides of the family.  Irish and German on my mother's side. 
My last name is Davis, which is English, and I get that from my father's side.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »

I've work on my families history for about 30 years so I could compile a rather large assortment of nationalities dating back several 100 years as my earliest known verified family records are from 1162, but I'm mainly Scottish with English and a little Irish being the primary family origins there are a few from continental Europe.

The first of my family settle in Virginia Colony around modern day Fredericksburg in 1635

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 01:38:54 AM »

There have always been rumblings in my family that I can trace my ancestry to the volunteers who annexed the un-named country north of South Africa's borders in 1890 and named it after Cecil John Rhodes.

It is also likely that the volunteer soldiers who formed the British South Africa Company and fought the Matabele armies of King Lobengula (and died in the attempt Buggedout) at the Shangani River in 1893 also form part of my family tree.  Their exploits are documented in the film Shangani Patrol. Smile

Other than that, the only family tree I can lay claim to was the one I fell out of when I was a kid.   Buggedout TeddyR
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 01:42:48 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 02:33:59 AM »

I'm Tlingit, or a native of Southeast Alaska for those not in the know.

Due to the fact that American Indian blood comes in handy for quite a few things, I have a blood quantum card that states that I am 11/32 Tlingit, something that never fails to amuse me.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your ancesteral nationality? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.