Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:16:40 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your First Car « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Your First Car  (Read 11517 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: May 25, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »

I was reading the "Sweet 16" thread on the TV section here on the board and noticed that the topic delved a little into what our first car was.
Those spoiled kids get a $50,000 BMW while most of us got what we could afford.

A teenager's first car is a right of passage and something that most of us will remember for the rest of our lives.
Some of our parents bought us our cars, others didn't.

In 1990, I asked my dad to find me a car to buy.
He found me a crappy 1978 Buick Century.
He bought it and then I paid him in full for it.  Don't remember how much I paid but $500 seems to stick in my head.

It looked like this but was a nasty dull brown color.

I remember the first time I laid eyes on it and the immense disappointment I felt.  Lots of other kids were driving Camaros and other sporty cars.  I got this junky looking P.O.S.

About a month after I bought it, the entire back bumper fell off.  Come to find out, this was a failing common to that model of car and throughout the years, I've seen countless other Buick Century's without a back bumper.
The inside was plush and cushy, but the outside was something else.
I'm not proud of my first car, but I did work for the money and bought it myself.  And I'm proud of that.

How about you?
What was your first car?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:38:39 PM by Ash » Logged
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »

Small | Large

A video I made about my first car.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »

Man, I haven't even passed my test yet... Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:10:16 PM »

Mine was a 1969 Buick Skylark Special-which I bought from my cousin Ronny for $300 dollars.

Mine was a dull blue color...and was nowhere in the shape of the above pic. I once was drunk at a kegger,and lost my gas cap key. I got p**sed and threw a large rock at the car...except I hit the back winsheild and destroyed it. It was fast It had a 350 engine-I raced my buddy Gary (he was in a '74 Rally Nova),and blew his doors off! TeddyR

I eventually blew a rod racing to my Granma's for Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving Day in about 1981.Was trying to get to the gas station in Paw Paw to get some oil...too late. Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 01:34:16 AM »

1971 Pontiac LeMans 2 Dr, 400 4bbl, Mirror Finish Black with Keystone Klassics and yes the all important air shocks.

It was SWEET and I went to school and worked 3 jobs to buy it. Traded it after a couple of years for a 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix and I kept the rims.   

Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »

Crappy blue Chevy Nova, just like Axel Foley drove.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 12:56:02 PM »

1991 Toyota Carolla.  Bought it from my older brother for $200.  Still running.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »

My first car was a 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo.  I bought it used for $3,300, drove it for a year, had it totaled in an accident (not my fault), and got $3,000 from the insurance company.  Not bad to drive a car for a year and only pay a net $300 (plus interest, of course) for it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »

Well, funny story...

My mother initially promised to sign over her 1997 Dodge Neon, hunter green, to me.  This was the car I learned to drive on.

She traded that in for a white 2005 Hyundai Sonata, which she also promised me for when she replaced it.

She traded that in for a silver 2007 Hyundai Sante Fe, which didn't make sense to me because it was a much bigger car and she was driving fewer people around, what with me being at college.

When dad sold his P.O.S. Chevrolet Colorado, Mom signed the Sante Fe over to him and bought a gunmetal gray 2008 Hyundai Elantra. 

She has promised me a car as a graduation present, and agreed that handing over the Elantra to me was an acceptable arrangement.  Hopefully this week the paperwork will get signed and I will finally own a car. 

Then again, she may be waiting until I have a job so I can make car insurance payments...

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »

I got my license in 1980 and my first car was a '72 Chevy Malibu, solid white.  The speedometer went all the way up to 180, and it got about 4 city blocks per gallon.  It lasted about a year before I burned the motor up (apparently there was this goop called "oil" in it that you have to check from time to time, fancy that!).

Next, I got a '74 Dodge Aspen that I drove till I graduated.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 04:38:14 AM »

That was not actually mine, but very similar.

The Citroen 2CV, the "duck". Bought it for 350 Marks from my sister back then (app. 180 $, back then).

Best car I ever had, but it virtually fell apart one day

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:26:58 AM »

The first car I was given was a 95 or 96 Subaru Legacy GT.  I loved the car, even though it had it's share of problems.  Now that was the first I drove but it was more or less given to me to drive from my parents.  Now the first car I purchased was a 2002 Toyota Corolla which I still drive to this day.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »

I rolled in my parent's Dodge Aires and Toyota Truck until I got a Dodge Colt.  I never was able to pick up chicks with the car much.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »

I had an 89 chevey silverado, but I totaled the thing recently so I have no vehicle. Question
ChuckSplatt
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »

A Kawasaki enduro motorcyle....................

then a Honda car (totalled, but I was not hurt), then a 2 door Volvo (which caught on fire and totalled, but I was not hurt), then a Nissan 280ZX (drove that sucker for 187,000 miles then sold it) then a Honda 500 motorcycle, then a Honda car (given to a charity after I drove that sucker very far), and a Honda 750 super sport.

These days it's my Saturn.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your First Car « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.