Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:13:52 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My First (Not) Date... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My First (Not) Date...  (Read 4220 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »

Whatever happens, you can at least consider it good practice!  I agree with the Rev though, some girls get a kick out of trying to make their boyfriends jealous OR they just really love fighting and doing things to provoke them - be careful! 

I shouldn't pretend just women do this.  I'll admit to going on some dates I otherwise might not have just so I could tell a woman I was casually dating about it and let her see I had other options.  But never when I was steadily dating her.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

One other thing to be careful of is mixed signals some women send.

For example:  Many years ago I was interested in this girl named Katie.  She seemed interested in me and would send me all the signals an interested woman would.
Those included calling me "hon" and "babe". 
She would also frequently touch me on the shoulders or arms or hands.  (touching is usually a dead giveaway that a woman is interested)
She would even say things like, "You're so awesome!" and then kiss me on the cheek.

Even though she did all of those things, I realized after awhile that she had absolutely no romantic interest in me at all.  I tried to "officially" ask her out and she shot me down.
She said, "You're my friend.  It would be too weird if we actually dated."
I was totally flabbergasted.  All those signals she sent me and she was never interested.

So be careful.  Many women don't realize that they're sending mixed signals to guys.  Or, they do and just love to f**k with you.

I was in a similar situation.  Met a girl in 9th grade, and was best friends with her until we graduated in 12th.  Asked her out, but didn't necessarily get shot down.  But, in my own stupidity, stopped talking with her for a few years.  My friend was friends with her still, and through MySpace, I re-contacted her about 4 years ago (two years after high school.) We talked on Myspace, exhanged IM names.  Then, out of the blue, she gives me her cell number.  We're talking on the phone at random times (she'd call me for like, no reason, then start singing songs and whatnot.)  Finally I just go, "So do you wanna go out, or what?"  She kinda turned me down, but was cool about it.  She was in grad school, was working, taking care of her brother, etc., and didn't want to string me along.  Then, she graduates, and we go out a few times.  Then, out of the blue, she meets a dude, and stops talking to me all together last summer.  Which really sucks, because, I not only lost a great friend of ten years, but lost what could've potentially been a decent relationship. 

And, we still see each other on occasion, because something like, 60% of our friends are all MUTUAL friends.  So we always inevitably see each other when we all go out as a group.  At first, she didn't say anything at all.  Then, we got to the point where we could at least say a few things to each other.  Now, when we see each other, we can have a somewhat good convo, but we're not at the point where we can call each other again.  It's that rebuilding phase.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My First (Not) Date... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.