Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:32:08 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why Badmovies.org? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why Badmovies.org?  (Read 8717 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 26, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »

What brought you here? And why did you stay?  Question
I dint know diddly squat 'bout computers when Tara Sue bought one. The same one I use now. I yahooed  B-Movies...found this! Andrew is up there with Micheal Weldon and FJA. Always entertaining, Weldon tutned into an egotitical mo mo though,....too bad...the guy has knowledge and talent. Personally....he ripped me off. a***ole.

Anyhow....I think my first post was an answer  to a query about CHILD BRIDE.
So...when didja join....and why?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:24:07 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »

I actually found this site through a comment someone made on wrestlecrap.com.   They mentioned how the site should review a Hulk Hogan movie on badmovies.org.  I followed the link and wound up here.  That was in college sometime in the in the late 90s.  Thats when I really got into b-movie review sites.  I joined up with the forum much later.  I dug the conversations and still do. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »

cant remember , but Im sure it was before Nov 20th 2005, when my profile says I registered. not much before then but Im sure it was 2003-ish. signed up as 'depressed crack addict'. I always think of a username on the spot when I sign up somewhere. anyway the forum was really basic when I got here, just text on blank background. now that it's been souped up like this it looks much cooler...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »

Let's see, we got our first computer in this house around December 1999...I discovered Badmovies.org probably sometime in 2000 then.  Actually, I think I originally discovered a sister site, Monster Island or something similar, which originally held Andrew's reviews of various Godzilla films.  I practically pitched a fit when I saw the notice that they'd been transferred to badmovies.org, my reaction being "They're not bad movies, damn it!"

This was before I realized that most of the science fiction films I enjoyed so much were considered "B movies."

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »

I am coming up on my second anniversary as a BMDO member.  I have always loved B-movies and was just surfing one day in July 2007 when I ran across this site.  I read Andrew's incredible reviews and guffawed at his wonderful use of language.  Then I clicked on the forum, started reading, and I was hooked!!   I joined the next day, and never looked back.  This forum is a great, diverse community of cinema fans of every description, as well as representing a unique slice of humanity . . .
  we have self-described alcoholics and drug users, geezers, punks, Christians, pagans, Marines, sailors, martial artists, marital artists, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, an obsessed British clown lover, and a South African with an underpants complex!
  And yet we all manage to treat each other with a great deal of respect and tolerance most of the time.

What's not to love?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »

I read all the reviews in 2000-2001 before joining, I didn't partcipate until much later.  Some of the fine old-timers convinced me this wasn't the usual flaming troll-fest most discussion boards are.   Theres people here I really like an respect, and theres usually good feelings.  I do wish some old fiends would come back to see us.  BUt in general its a good crowd.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:53 PM »

Looking up reviews of CEMETERY MAN.  Andrew's was hilarious.  Found the boards, lurked for a while, jumped in one day.  

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »

I was looking into the movie Squirm after seeing some clips of it back in 2005 or earlier.  After finding the site, I lost track of it the next day!  Luckily, I found the site again when Andrew did the review on The Being.  I stayed on the site because I love any thing that has to do with killer animals/insect, my most favorite of all types of b movies.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 03:28:00 AM »

I was looking for info on the film Billy Jack one day and a link brought me here ~ noooo, a url link, not the Missing Link!  Buggedout

I had a choice between www.nakedandninety.com and this place ~ after serious thought lasting +/- 30 seconds, I stayed here.  Wink

I stayed and I believe I really and truly found a family here ~ some of them are a little nuts like myself ~ but I love you all.  Smile

Group hug?  Smile
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:30:35 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 03:34:22 AM »

Some of the fine old-timers convinced me this wasn't the usual flaming troll-fest most discussion boards are. 

That's for sure, Ed: I've been in some discussions on other sites where some people put out the flames with gasoline.  Buggedout In all my years here, I've only ever gotten angry on one thread ~ you can see it on the Space Mutiny thread. I actually felt quite bad after losing it and apologized later.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:32 AM »

I was looking for info on the film Billy Jack one day and a link brought me here ~ noooo, a url link, not the Missing Link!  Buggedout

I had a choice between www.nakedandninety.com and this place ~ after serious thought lasting +/- 30 seconds, I stayed here.  Wink

I stayed and I believe I really and truly found a family here ~ some of them are a little nuts like myself ~ but I love you all.  Smile

Group hug?  Smile

I almost clicked on the link....but I need my sanity.  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:30:52 AM »

I was looking at movie reviews, and considering the type of movies I watch, I found this place.  What a gold mine  TeddyR  And people actually talk about these things too! 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
hellbilly
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 07:12:43 AM »

Two years ago a friend of mine (who isn't even registered here) told me to check this place out because he probably got annoyed of me talking bad movies all the time Wink I don't think I've posted much in the beginning but I pretty much went through all the cool and fun to read reviews.
I still don't post alot but I visit at least once a day to read up on stuff I've missed.

I like badmovies.org. People here are friendly and certainly know their bad movies Thumbup
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 07:15:11 AM »

Group hug?  Smile

I almost clicked on the link....but I need my sanity.  Buggedout

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I wish I could give you karma for that, RC: that "site" is a fake url that I thought up. If you read my review of The Recruit, it's in there too.  TeddyR

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »

I was searching for Killer Klowns merchandise about 3-4 years ago and came across Andrew's review. It made me chuckle, I read more and was splitting my sides!

I joined the forum almost a year ago, after on and off browsing and decided to hop onboard. I'd been on other boards briefly, but no-one and nothing ever kept me interested and as many people here have stated, it's an extremely pleasant community. Also, I didn't really want to be found, hence reluctancy to join straight away or tell people my real name. I tend to attract online stalkers..........

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why Badmovies.org? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.