Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:00:06 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Samples in Music « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Movie Samples in Music  (Read 24145 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:39 AM »

So I was watching Cheech & Chong's Nice Dream's when Paul Reubens shows up and says, "You're the guy from the Hamburger Train, right?" That was used in a Primus song, which I never knew was from this movie.

It reminds me of the time I was watching the Full Moon production of The Pit & the Pendulum, where the woman involved cries "Liar! Blasphemer!" which was used in Ministry's "Psalm 69."

So, how many movies can you name that have been sample for music? I know the movie Amityville 3-D has been extensively sampled by the group My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult. What movies have you seen that you know because a band put them in their song?

List below.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:56:56 AM »

Batdance - Prince

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »

Overkill's "New High In Lows" features a clip from Carlito's Way

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »

White Zombie uses a ton of samples from great flicks in their music such as  Faster p***ycat Kill! Kill! , Dawn Of The Dead , Hellraiser, etc.

Ministry used the gir's scream from Hellraiser in Just One Fix.  The quote in that song, "never trust a junky" was in Sid And Nancy.

Industrial band N17 begins their song "Grip" with "Who put this together, me thats who" from Scarface.  Also in that song are quotes from the Twilight Zone episode "He Lives". 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:15:25 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »

MC Chris uses quite a few. I've heard the "Tears" from Blade Runner, as well as a bunch of Star Wars sound bites. He uses sound bites from video games also. There are a few other bites I've heard in his songs that may also be from movies, but not one's I know.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 01:01:11 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: "Weird Science" by Oingo-Boingo used Colin Clive screaming "It's Alive" from Frankenstein. "Testify" by the Damned uses dialog from Not of This Earth and somewhere on The Wall is part of a Gunsmoke episode where James Arness says something like "As long as I'm sheriff of Dodge..."

Of course, some people reinact parts like the Fuzztones recreated the news broadcast from Blood Feast at the begining on their cover of "Jack The Ripper." Roky Erickson recreated most of Creature with an Atom Brain on the song of the same name (and threw in the old CBS Radio News sounder). We can't forget Dee Snider's recitation of Douglas C. Needimeyer's lines from Animal House at the very end of "We're Not Gonna Take It."

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 02:28:04 AM »

Wow there are lots of bands that use samples from weird/horror cinema. Probably foremost in the horror genre would be the Canadian band Skinny Puppy around since 1983 - notably Roman Polanski's The Tenant, and Fearless Vampire Killers - Maniac w/Joe Spinnell - The Legend of Hell House - Andy Warhol's Dracula - Evil Dead 2 - Twilight Zone episodes - and a bunch of others. Still going today albeit with less samples.

Front Line Assembly as well, but they use stuff more in the sci-fi vein. Robo-cop, Event Horizon, At the Mountains of Madness etc...

My own music project Monster Jungle X-ray (named after president Harry S. Truman's pet boa-constrictor!!) uses samples and dialogue from a lot of Z-Grade sci-fi and horror films/ kaiju shows/ and whatever else I can splice together with electronics. Its a whole lot of fun to do, and it gives me as new appreciation of some of these films. Its interesting sometimes without the visuals to go along with it a piece of dialogue takes on a whole new meaning, like it can infer a different emotion than it was originally meant to.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »

Amon Tobin's "Like Regular Chickens" is titled after a line from ERASERHEAD, and samples that line in the song.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »

Skinny Puppy for sure, tons of sci fi, horror and b-movies in their songs.

I recently got Shaolin and WuTang on DVD, lots of samples from that one used in the Wu Tang's first album. Shaolin vs Lama and the dubbed version of the Killer are used alot in Raekwons Only Built for Cuban Links.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, a punky-surf-rock group that sings about Lovecraft's universe, samples a wide variety of films, from The Dunwich Horror (1970) to Star Wars to stuff I haven't managed to identify just yet, but sounds like it would come from B-movies (an example of this being, "Well, the monster is gone, but no one will believe our story!")

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »

On Pink Flyods the Wall album,you can hear Gomer Pyle saying 'Suprise,suprise,suprise!" Not a movie...still...it's film.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »

Creature Of The Wheel By WHITE ZOMBIE Features A Clip From THE OMEGA MAN

The American Witch By ROB ZOMBIE Features A Clip From HORROR HOTEL

Super Charger Heaven By ROB ZOMBIE Features A Clip From THE HAUNTING

There Is A Bunch More But I Can't Think Of Them A t The Moment
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »

On Pink Flyods the Wall album,you can hear Gomer Pyle saying 'Suprise,suprise,suprise!" Not a movie...still...it's film.
Ozzymandias speaks: I forgot about that one. There also maybe a piece of a Family Affair show in their too. I just remember the Gunsmoke one. I need to go back and listen to it all the way through.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

I listen to a lot of drum'n'bass, here's a few samples of dialogue I've recognized used in tracks. - this is off the top of my head, probably loads more though.

DJ Evol - Texas Chainsaw - (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
DJ Pleasure - The Cube (Transformers)
Lock Up - The Matrix (The Matrix)
Serjah 9 - Death Proof (Death Proof)
DJ Hazard - Machete (fake trailer 'Machete' on Grindhouse)
Eddie K - Planet Terror (Planet Terror)
Chameleon - Link (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
Benny Blanco - Remember Me From The Bronx (Carlito's Way)

there's a lot more film samples in other tracks Ive got, but where I dont know what the film is

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

In the song "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver' by Primus, they use a sound sample of Chop Top from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 laughing and saying "Dog will hunt!"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Samples in Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.