Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:39:32 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Samples in Music « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Movie Samples in Music  (Read 24359 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »

2 Live Crew sampled lines from "Full Metal Jacket" including one of the line used in the sample as the title for the song "Me So Horny"

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Foucault
New Visitor

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »

-The audio from the trailer for Deranged ("This is where the worst begins..") can be heard in it's entirety as an intro to the album '860 Some-Odd Pounds' by Railsplitter, who also used the pig head and chainsaw image from Motel Hell on one of their t-shirts.

-Portions of the Deranged trailer can also be heard as the intro to 'Midnight Murder Mania' by the band Frightmare.

-East Bay powerviolence OG's SPAZZ dropped a huge number of movie soundclips, though my personal favorite is a clip pulled from Style Wars: "The idea of style, and competing for the best style, is the key to all forms of rocking."

-A sample from Midnight Express ("Jesus Christ forgave the bastards, but I can't. I hate. I hate you, I hate your nation, and I hate your people. And I f**k your sons and daughters because they're pigs. You're a pig! You're all pigs..") can be heard as an intro on Severed Head Of State's self-titled one-sided LP.

This could go on for a while, hardcore punk was chock full of this sort of thing from the mid-nineties until just recently, so I'll just stop.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »

The titular cry from "You Know What You Are" by Ministry is taken from Eli Wallach in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 11:34:09 PM »

The titular cry from "You Know What You Are" by Ministry is taken from Eli Wallach in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."
One of the best tracks on that album imo. I can still remember my surprise on listening to The Land of Rape and Honey for the first time on cassette, I was not expecting such harsh noise as I was used to the heavily Adrian Sherwood influenced Twitch and (gasp) With Sympathy.

They also used several things from "Fistful of Dollars" in the Acid Horse track "No Name, No Slogan" a one-off Ministry side project with Cabaret Voltaire. One of my favorite Wax Trax 12 inch singles.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »

On Pink Flyods the Wall album,you can hear Gomer Pyle saying 'Suprise,suprise,suprise!" Not a movie...still...it's film.

Wait, when does Pyle say that in Full Metal Jacket?

"Not a movie...still...it's film."

You lost me I'm afraid.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 01:08:45 AM »

Sorry to revive my own old thread.

I was watching NIGHTBREED and was pleasantly surprised to hear a movie sample.

The crazy preacher in the jail cell at a certain point says, "Can you hear me?" and "Are you listening?"

This was sampled in a Revolting Cocks song, "Crackin' Up." Revolting Cocks is a side project of Al Jourgensen of Ministry fame.

I really enjoy finding this stuff. I know it's old hat now, but I really wish bands would go back to sampling crappy movies.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 09:31:59 AM »

Sorry to revive my own old thread.

I was watching NIGHTBREED and was pleasantly surprised to hear a movie sample.

The crazy preacher in the jail cell at a certain point says, "Can you hear me?" and "Are you listening?"

This was sampled in a Revolting Cocks song, "Crackin' Up." Revolting Cocks is a side project of Al Jourgensen of Ministry fame.

I really enjoy finding this stuff. I know it's old hat now, but I really wish bands would go back to sampling crappy movies.

Me too, but sampling laws have become so strict that most bands no longer take a chance in doing it. If I had made a horror or sci-fi film I would take pride that someone would make the effort to use snippets from my work to enhance their own. Appropriation in art/music has been around for a long time, and while there are some abuses it is not always a bad thing.

I really miss the old days of hearing obscure dialogue in music and trying to figure out where it came from. The '90s brought about a lot of very obvious sampling (Hellraiser films/Event Horizon/ect...) that was just sort of lazy imo. I like it when the choices are not so obvious, it gives you a sort of chill when you do actually hear it in it's original form. I've been making electronic music for over 20 years now for my own entertainment, and I love using stuff from b-movies, lurid trailers, and educational films.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
voltron

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »

In Skinny Puppy's "Cage", there's a sample from Maniac (1980) where Frank Zito goes "but it's just a little blood....it'll wash out".

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 01:05:45 AM »

Pop Will Eat Itself in the 80s used this aplenty I'm pretty sure...can definitely remember them sampling from THE WARRIORS and the TV theme from "The Twilight Zone" in particular.

Twilight Zone - Def Con One

Small | Large

The Warriors - Can U Dig It?

Small | Large

I had to resurrect this thread, because I just recently watched North by Northwest. I know, I should have watched it ages ago.

Imagine my surprise when one of the hitmen says, "It was only last night and still you do not recognize my voice?" I had been hearing that snippet for years on the track "Electrical Soul Wish" by My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult.

Another sample identified!

dean

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »

I quite liked the Day of the Dead sample used in M1A1 by Gorillaz.

Great opening scene to a movie, and a great intro to a song too:

Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »

When I was a jesus freak in high school I fell in love with this group Calibretto 13. Just as I fell out of religion, so did they. They changed to a random indie label and went from doing surf-rock into doing horror core. They used some random but also clips throughout their songs.

Come See the Meatboy contains an audio clip from Evil Dead 2 where Ash and various items around the house start laughing
American Psycho has a bunch of clips from American Psycho in it
Leader of the Frat contains a clip from Valley Girl of Nicholas Cage screaming "NO ONE TELLS ME WHO I CAN SCORE WITH!"
My TV Affair contains a clip from Suburbia

There was also a local band from my area in the late 90's called Lanemeyer who used clips from Better Off Dead throughout their first album. Their second album used clips from The Wonder Years and Kissing the Fool
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 04:00:59 AM »

Another sample from the Revolting Cocks.

The bit of dialogue "What's in the bag?" is taken from the movie Dirty Harry, which I just watched tonight, and is in the song "Crackin' Up."

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 08:02:39 AM »

I recall EMF's "Unbelievable" used some samples from The Adventures of Ford Fairlane.

One of my favourite examples is "Goodnight Mrs. Calabash" by Ian Thomas. The whole song is a tribute to old movies, and contains bits of several classics toward the middle and end.
Small | Large

This video was nicely done, and even tries to sync the original picture to the sound clips in the song.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:55:13 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »

On Pink Flyods the Wall album,you can hear Gomer Pyle saying 'Suprise,suprise,suprise!" Not a movie...still...it's film.

Wait, when does Pyle say that in Full Metal Jacket?

"Not a movie...still...it's film."

You lost me I'm afraid.

THIS Gomer Pyle...the old tv show...

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
voltron

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2011, 10:13:11 AM »

Napalm Death also sampled Full Metal Jacket with the quote "I am in a world of s**t" at the beginning of their song "Contemptuous" from the Utopia Banished album.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Samples in Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.