Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:48:12 AM
713339 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Samples in Music « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Movie Samples in Music  (Read 24146 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »

that reminds me, about 6 months ago I made a drum'n'bass track and used a bit of dialogue from one of the wavs uploaded on the b-movie reviews on here.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/screamers/

I used the first clip in the dialogue section:

Jose: "This island is inhabited by zombies, the living dead. That's why the graves are empty, there are zombies here!"
Claude: "Stop it Jose, you're talking nonsense. Zombies don't exist, they've never existed."

if anyone wants to hear the track I could upload a clip...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »

Beyond The Valley of The Dolls- a sample is used in the song "Smoke Two Joints' by Sublime

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »

Overkill's "Battle" uses a sample from Batman Returns, when Max Shreck is about to push Selina Kyle out of the window.

Moreau
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 07:49:02 AM »

there is 'blood embrace' by bonnie prince billy and matt sweeney. it goes on for ages and just when the melodrama almost gets too much, they chuck in a sample from 'rolling thunder' that hilariously defuses it. brilliant.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »

Pop Will Eat Itself in the 80s used this aplenty I'm pretty sure...can definitely remember them sampling from THE WARRIORS and the TV theme from "The Twilight Zone" in particular.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flangepart

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »

MAN OR ASTROMAN does it a lot. Pretty cool choices.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »

Blood Duster has used bits from  "Driller Killer" and "Bad Taste".

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
element19_98
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »

acid baths samples some horror movies most notably in when the kite string pops the sample kubricks a clock work orange in the begginng saying
"id like to have a right down bloody shag with her on the floor real savage like"
voltron

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »

Skinny Puppy does it a lot. Only one I can think of at the moment is in the song "Cage". It has a sample from Maniac (1980), where Frank Zito goes "but it's just a little blood...it'll wash out".

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 08:19:01 PM »

Pop Will Eat Itself also used BLADE RUNNER in their song "Wake Up, Time To Die".

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 11:02:57 PM »

Pop Will Eat Itself also used BLADE RUNNER in their song "Wake Up, Time To Die".
That's from my favorite PWEI album. I miss their humor, but Clint Mansell is doing very well for himself as a film score composer. I only managed to see them live once very energetic show. Skinny Puppy I've seen probably four or five times. The Too Dark Park tour had tons of horror footage spliced together as the backing film. 

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
voltron

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »

Skinny Puppy I've seen probably four or five times. The Too Dark Park tour had tons of horror footage spliced together as the backing film. 
How I envy you. I'm Canadian and I've never seen Puppy live. I know the video for "worlock" was banned because of the horror clips in it (I guess they weren't cleared or something).

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »

Speaking of Skinny Puppy, anybody know where I can find a list of the samples used in their music? My Google searches have turned up web pages that promise a list and deliver dead links.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »

Speaking of Skinny Puppy, anybody know where I can find a list of the samples used in their music? My Google searches have turned up web pages that promise a list and deliver dead links.

There used to be a big database for this sort of thing online, but I cannot find it either. Here though is a link to Radion's page who is doing a neat SP album by album run down with video clips of where the samples originated.

http://radion.livenet.pl/sp.php

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 02:34:21 AM »

There used to be a big database for this sort of thing online, but I cannot find it either. Here though is a link to Radion's page who is doing a neat SP album by album run down with video clips of where the samples originated.

http://radion.livenet.pl/sp.php

Thanks, I'll have to spend some time on that page.

Another quote, the group Revolting Cocks sampled the "pig" scene in Deliverance for their song "Beers, Steers and Queers."

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Samples in Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.