Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:26:16 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Teenage Caveman (2002) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Teenage Caveman (2002)  (Read 28995 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 30, 2009, 09:27:53 PM »

Halfway through this film I began to wonder just how many times the characters said "f**k."  I did not start the movie again to count, but can tell you that this movie is a whole lot of f**k.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:56:12 AM »

I originally had no interest in watching this film whatsoever, and after reading your review I somehow have even less interest.  Thanks for the warning, Andrew!
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »

I have never been able to watch more than 10 or so minutes of this film at a time, always made me wonder if the people making this were aware of just how awful it was going to be.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »

Out of curiousity, who won the battle in the end and what happened with Sarah.  I watch the film, but sex films aren't my type of film.  That and I don't think my brain could take it before it exploded itself.

Anyways, good review.  The constantly swearing you brought up about the movie and in your review reminds me of the Bud Light commerical where in almost every sentance, someone dropped a f bomb.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

At first, I thought Andrew was talking about the 1958 film by Roger Corman. Now that's a good movie. But this . . . ? I'd rather have a hole drilled into my head and hot sand poured down it, and then watch this travesty again. And giving it a "skull" is giving it too much credit. Can we give it something lower than a "skull?"

And yes that looks like Seattle, Washington. The Space Needle in the background gives it away. And having once lived there, it looked like that before the Apocalypse.
It's all that rain that it gets. It does strange things to a city.
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »

All of those AIP remakes of a few years back were pretty poor. But Teenage Caveman really takes the cake!
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »

I originally had no interest in watching this film whatsoever, and after reading your review I somehow have even less interest.  Thanks for the warning, Andrew!
Oh, lord yes! Thats why I need the reviews...to know where never to tred!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:40:19 AM »

I have to say it, Andrew: "F**k it, that was a great review!"  Cheers

Virtual karma, sir!  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

I actually felt dirty watching this film the first time.  It was somebody trying to do an edgy film and then realized at the end he had to through in a monster. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
avenger the eagle
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 12:12:12 PM »

What the f**k was with the makers on this movie?? Did they just sit around and say hey there was 1958 movie by Roger f**king Corman. I know, Letis make a f**king remake, and add sex and the word  f**k. F**king Brilliant.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

I love this movie!   Wink  Thumbup
I even have the Stan Winston toy of the Bumpy Hulk stored away somewhere in a box.

Great review.  Never thought I'd see you write the F-word so much in one spot. 
A skull rating is a bit harsh, don't you think?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:30:36 PM by Ash » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 01:52:38 AM »

the Bumpy Hulk

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 06:52:56 AM »

Another soul saved!

Out of curiousity, who won the battle in the end and what happened with Sarah.  I watch the film, but sex films aren't my type of film.  That and I don't think my brain could take it before it exploded itself.

David does, and I think that Sarah exploded after they had sex.  At least, that's how I interpreted the ending.  We never see Sarah again, just David dressed up like Neil had been.

What the f**k was with the makers on this movie?? Did they just sit around and say hey there was 1958 movie by Roger f**king Corman. I know, Letis make a f**king remake, and add sex and the word  f**k. F**king Brilliant.

Great review.  Never thought I'd see you write the F-word so much in one spot. 
A skull rating is a bit harsh, don't you think?

I experienced quite a few "Do I really want to create a review like this?" moments when I was writing the article.  However, after it was over and I looked over it, the result seemed the correctly convey the script's inability to say anything besides "f**k."

The skull was mandatory.  I hate this movie.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 07:03:15 AM »

I, of course, am fully in favor of profanity. That you do not use profanity is something to be admired because, well, I've read all your reviews. The movies you watch, avoiding profanity is a skill in itself.

Then again, this movie deserves nothing but. I'm just glad I don't have to watch it.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Torgo

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »

Larry Clark is a terrible filmmaker in my opinion. And Teenage Caveman is his worst to date. Horrible acting all around. Atrocious writing and amateurish direction. If you haven't seen his most controversial film to date called Ken Park yet, don't. He veered over into filming actual hardcore teen sex scenes in that one.  He's nothing but a pervert that somehow keeps being given money to make horrible films.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Teenage Caveman (2002) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.