Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:29:15 AM
713392 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Alien Prequel « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien Prequel  (Read 7346 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:53 AM »

Im sure many of you know this by now but there doing an Alien Prequel. Is anyone else getting really annoyed with all the freaking prequels coming out lately? I blame George Lucas for it. Any ways I can't see how there going to do a prequel seeing as how Alien was the human races first contact with the Alien's. Are they going to do some kind of all alien movie, with no human cast? Tell the story about what happened to the ship? While hat idea would be cool I doubt the studio exects have the kind of imagination for that kind of film. The only good thing I see is that ridley scott and his brother are involved. Heres a link to the story http://www.collider.com/2009/05/29/exclusive-tony-scott-confirms-carl-rinsch-is-directing-alien-and-its-a-prequel/

Smells like popcorn and shame
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:30:16 AM »

Twenty years ago that would have been exciting news.  But after Alien 4 and those two AvP films, meh.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:33:40 AM »

Twenty years ago that would have been exciting news.  But after Alien 4 and those two AvP films, meh.

Yep, AVP killed the franchise.

AVPR then danced on it's grave.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

I knew there was another sequel in the works time ago but that idea was scrapped I think when AVP came out, or when it was decided to make AVP into a film instead of what would have been Alien 5.  Let me put it this way, when it comes out I'll worry about it.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »

There is a prequel to Alien that was written a few years back by award winning author John Shirley.
It's called Aliens: Steel Egg.

It's an OK novel.  Not great but not bad, either.

Here's the description on the back of the book:
"Someone on Earth knew about the aliens. Someone battled them, and survived. Before Ripley, there was a first encounter. Aliens and humans have fought before! When a human spaceship discovers a vast egg-shaped vessel in Saturn's orbit, the crew powers in to investigate. Thinking the ship might contain usable metal for Earth, they force their way aboard. Three teams split up to explore the ship. Already the aliens have awoken. The first of all the battles unfolds."

Shirley explains in the Author's Note at the beginning of the book that in the first Alien movie, someone at the Company knew about the derelict ship on LV-426.  They sent the Nostromo to investigate and the rest is history.  But how did the Company know about it?
That's what Shirley explores in the prequel.
Like I said, the book was just OK.  The descriptions of the inside of the steel egg are pretty cool, but when the aliens appear, the book has a hard time evoking the pure horror the crew members go through.
If Steel Egg was in the right hands, it could translate well to film.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 10:13:41 PM »

There's a comic book Alien: Earth Angel.  A spaceship crashes on Earth during the 1950s, and chestbursters and a biker gang ensues...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »

There's a comic book Alien: Earth Angel.  A spaceship crashes on Earth during the 1950s, and chestbursters and a biker gang ensues...

Yeah, and an ancestor of Ripley fights the aliens.

Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup

I own this comic.  It's a piece of crap.
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »

The idea of 'prequels' seems pretty pointless to me.

I wonder when/where/why that term was invented, anyway?

For Muppet Babies?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »

I'm actually suprised they haven't revamped/reboot the whole franchise yet. It seems like the craze that going on. Like starting off were Aliens left off or just taking it in a different direction without Ripley.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »

Any ways I can't see how there going to do a prequel seeing as how Alien was the human races first contact with the Alien's. Are they going to do some kind of all alien movie, with no human cast?

Maybe it will feature another humanoid race that encountered them, or a human race that exists beyond our galaxy. Anyhoo, I still think this is a silly idea. "Alien" - great. Now let it die with some dignity.  Lookingup

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »

Any ways I can't see how there going to do a prequel seeing as how Alien was the human races first contact with the Alien's. Are they going to do some kind of all alien movie, with no human cast?

Maybe it will feature another humanoid race that encountered them, or a human race that exists beyond our galaxy. Anyhoo, I still think this is a silly idea. "Alien" - great. Now let it die with some dignity.  Lookingup

They took the dignity away when they made Resurrection.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Alien Prequel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.