Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:50 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your first murder victim? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your first murder victim?  (Read 6488 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 01, 2009, 01:29:54 AM »

No, not yours personally but the first murder victim you saw in a movie?

Mine was Richard Widmark in Murder On The Orient ExpressDrink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 02:55:37 AM »

She was a redhead prostitue with the eyes of...oh wait, in a movie? I don't remember.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:32:51 AM by Cthulhu » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:10:09 AM »

My mom was permissive.  I was probably literally in diapers when I first saw someone murdered in a film.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 03:14:00 AM »

She was a redhead prostitue with the eyes of...oh wait, in a movie? I don't remember,

BounceGiggle TeddyR Smile Karma!

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:23:40 AM »

Like Jim, my parents were also very permissive. I'm pretty sure it was the first death scene in Friday the 13 part 3, since that's the first horror movie I recall watching. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:47 AM »

Dang. I dunno. Who dies in FRANKENSTIEN MEETS the WOLFMAN first? That would be the first.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 06:18:23 AM »

Hell, I have no idea.  The first one that made me feel bad and wonder what the pretty lady did to deserve it was the girl swimming at the beginning of "Dirty Harry." Before that, I probably saw dozens.  Actually, I saw one on TV that was really a movie where the guy came in through the window and dragged the woman out of the bed even though she pulled the covers up to protect herself. I don't know the movie, but that was when I realized that covers do NOT offer magical protection.  That hurt worse than finding out Santa Claus ain't real. <--sorry if anyone didn't already realize this.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »

My earliest memory is the first kid who goes in Friday The 13th.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »

The first girl that goes swimming at the start of "Jaws". Then, either uncle Frank getting all bloodsoaked in "Hellraiser" or when the Maitlands 'die' in Beetlejuice.

Neville

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »

Wait, I think I can remember that. It was the first kill in "Friday the 13th", the camp monitor who asks somebody we can't see yet for a ride and gets offed. I was like 7 or 8 at the time.

Both my parents were school teachers, and were very strict when it came to let me watch films that had a reputation for being extremely violent, and then "Friday the 13th" had it. Still, the would let me watch the first minutes with them, and only then, if they believed the film to live up to its reputation, order me to leave the room.

As sensible as this strategy may seem, it wasn't of much help. I developed an obsession with one of those "forbidden" films, "Alien", and through an incomplete comicbook adaptation and the scary details grown-ups would agreed to tell me about, my mind created such a extreme version of the events that it would keep me awake at night for weeks. By the time I finally got to see the movie, I found it rather tame.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:25:33 PM »

Not sure exactly but I suspect it was most likely from the 1976 King Kong movie that played on TV when I was a kid.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 04:56:30 PM »

I don't know what mine would have been, besides the billions of acts on Saturday morning cartoons that surely would have resulted in death, but Star Wars was one I saw at about 7 or 8 years old, so it couldn't have been any later than that. Bonanza and the sort had, IIRC, quite a few shootings, I probably saw my first in a show like that.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

"Cujo, where are ya boy?"

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »

Let's see...uh my first was-hehehe-can't say that without a giggle-was in one of the Child's Play films. I think it could have been the teacher he 'spanked' with a yardstick...this is just a guess though. Question

"Oh,there will be blood."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »

Too far back to remember.  I'm sure it was probably something I saw on television at a very young age . . . like in an old Universal Frankenstein or Dracula movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Neville

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »

It wasn't my first murder victim, but when I was 10 I saw Murphy's death scene from "Robocop" on TV. I was in shock for days, too much blood and cruelty for me to stomach at that time.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your first murder victim? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.