Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:41:56 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your thoughts on Ghostbusters II « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Ghostbusters II  (Read 6146 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: June 01, 2009, 05:14:53 AM »

Well, what do you think ?
I really like this film, but I know that my love isn't shared by many and I wondered why.
I think its as good as the first, not better but as good.

I liked Janine and Lewis more in the second one.

The only thing that bothered me was the new theme tune for the montage sequence...oh and the sentimental ending with the Statue of Liberty, could've done without that.

I'd give it 4/5.
I think it's great family entertainment.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:17:13 PM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:26:47 AM »

I like Ghostbusters 2.  My personal favorite was seeing Louis don the costume and then having to hop a bus to save the day.  Turns out that Slimer was the bus driver. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:33:33 AM »

For a long time I was a bit played out on GB2 due to it being on HBO almost 24/7 when I had it (see also Short Circuit 2 discussions).  However, GB2 wasn't a bad film at all.   While opening new doors character wise (Dana's baby, GB fall from fame only to rise again) it gave us some new great supernatural  characters to enjoy. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »

Great film, just as good as the first. The scene in the courtroom was the stand-out for me, it was awesome. Plus, Vigo the Carpathian (the dude in the painting) scares the bejesus out of me to this day. My only gripe that still bugs me is the Yanosh character, he's just really irritating with a bad accent. As Doggett said though, great family entertainment.  Thumbup

jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »

Vhy am I coverved vif goo?

-Jimmybob

Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »

It is an awesome movie that gets ruined by the last 10 minutes with the Statue of Liberty.  So I just always turn the channel when that part comes on.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:19:49 AM »

I like Ghostbusters 2, but it's not as enjoyable as the first one, IMO.  It feels like they lightened up on the laughs a little, and overstated the superhero aspects of the movie (not so much their abilities as much as their daring entrances, theme music, etc.). 
dean

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 06:45:19 AM »

I liked it if not for the fact that they actually gave Winston a role in this one.  That and it was still pretty fun.  Still, it's hard to top the first.

Can't wait for the video game.

"Don't cross the streams!!!"  Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Hammock Rider

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 03:34:29 PM »

I thought it was just good fun. They couldn't really top the first one so it felt like they just had fun with it. I loved the down-on-their-luck Ghostbusters and wouldn't have minded a few more minutes of that. And their tearing up the NYC street scene was really good. The ending was kind of sappy but ti doesn't really bother me that much. I never thought of either movie as edgey, just alot of fun.  Thumbup

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 12:21:45 AM »

I hate Ghostbusters 2.  One of the most disappointing sequels ever IMO. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 05:53:52 AM »

I was so excited for Ghostbusters II. I think I was something like five when I saw the first film, and the cartoon "Real Ghostbusters" had primed me for excitement. If you are the exact age I am, Ghostbusters is not a film, but an experience. I can clearly remember seeing the trailer for Ghostbusters II in a movie theater and just being thrilled to death that there was a new Ghostbusters film coming out.

Oh, I was so disappointed. There was no inspiration in Ghostbusters II. Just a lackadaisical story, with some laughs and not much else.

Now that I'm older, I can look at the movie, and I don't think it's too bad. In some ways it's very entertaining. But, point in fact, it will be forever be tainted by my initial disappointment. I was expecting greatness and was only presented with adequateness.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

I like GB 2 but not as much as the first. I always felt with the second one they had to tone somethings down as kids where getting into. Notice their was no smoking or drinking in the second. It did expand on Winston which was good as I like Erine Hudson.

Plus it has one of my favorite lines from the mayor:"You expect me to go on Tv and tell millions of New Yorks to be nice to each other? Its every New Yorkers God given right to treat other people like crap".

As a New Yorker it something special to that  Cheers

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your thoughts on Ghostbusters II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.