Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Jekyll « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jekyll  (Read 2573 times)
frankofthefuture
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 02, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »

I stumbled on this recent British show from 2007 while browsing Netflix online show selections. DISCLAIMER: I do not work for the aforementioned company nor do I own any stock in it. I just subscribe to it. I highly recommend it. You can even watch KOLCHAK online. Bliss!

JEKYLL is kind of like a modern take on the original THE INCREDIBLE HULK series. Also, if you like LOST or FRINGE, this is a little like that only there's swearing. Lots of mysterious characters, double-crossing, possibly government agencies with ridiculously obvious black surveillence vans, and so on.

The main actor is very good at acting the double role. I'm only two episodes in out of about six total, but it really is pretty cool. In fact, I'm not doing the performance justice. There is some great writing. The evil version of the main character gets some witty dark humor one liners and such.

The "Jekyll" guy was mysteriously left as a baby 40 years earlier as an orphan and only recently has he begun experiencing his "Hyde". Because of this, he has seperated from his wife and two children although they don't know the reason why. He sets up a way of monitoring his dark half, with some GPS equipment, rules and even a password protected strapped chair. For instance, the two personalities use a voice recorder to leave eachother messages or taunts (the evil half anyway). Also, he hires a personal assistant who basically works for BOTH of the personalities.

The evil version of the main character is two inches taller, his hair gets darker, and he's pretty ruthless. And he has fangs apparently. Also he has superhuman strength and seems to (MINOR SPOILER ALERT) be able to influence animals. That is, he can freak them out into blubbering harmless forms of their formerly viscious selves.

Looks like the two will have to learn to live with one another while on the run and solve the mystery about his past and why the black vans are following him so persistantly.

As a fan of bad movies and good movies and bad television and good television, I wanted to recommend this to everyone. Again, if you like the old Incredible Hulk show and dark humor done in a dramatic series, then definitely check this show out.

EDIT: PS: Also, a neat premise of this show is that the original tale "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" was a true story that Robert Louis Stevenson wrote about the case which he had knowledge of. Somehow, this show's main character is a result of Jekyll's research or else is a descendent (not revealed at least in the first two episodes) of the original Dr. Jekyll.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:09:35 PM by frankofthefuture » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Jekyll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.