Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:53 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Budweiser comes to South Africa! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Budweiser comes to South Africa!  (Read 6345 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

Heck, fr les than the cost of a godo dinner, you could have a month's worth of the stuff.   Actually tasted as good or beter than Bud, Coors or Miller. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

Trevor, I've drank Budweiser, and your better off drinking the local beers there in South Africa.

Or, better yet, drinking the wines they produce there in South Africa.

Or, better yet, not drinking the wines they produce there in South Africa, as it leaves more of that South African wine for we Americans. South African wine as really become popular in the United States in the last year or two.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 08:24:04 AM »

Or, better yet, not drinking the wines they produce there in South Africa, as it leaves more of that South African wine for we Americans. South African wine as really become popular in the United States in the last year or two.

TeddyR TeddyR BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 06:05:29 AM »

Meh, I'm not a huge Bud fan, but I'll drink it if it's there.  I'm more into Rolling Rock pale ale and Guinness.  I think the main appeal behind Bud here in the States is that it's cheaper than some, and it doesn't taste quite as bad as other cheaper beers (Icehouse, Lucky, Keystone, etc.).  I think the only other super cheap beer I can stomach is Pabst Blue Ribbon.  It almost tastes like water, but enough of it makes the walls spin. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:57 AM »

I think the only other super cheap beer I can stomach is Pabst Blue Ribbon.  It almost tastes like water, but enough of it makes the walls spin. 

BounceGiggle TeddyR

That reminds me of a SA comedian referring to a local beer's taste as "like making love in a canoe.....very close to water."  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »

Bud is an OK, middle-of-the-road, drinkable beer. It's beer garden fare at sponsored events here. Of course, this being Canada, the vast majority of one-beer events tend to choose between Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue.

Of the American brands, Coor's Light is surprisingly popular where I come from. Of course, the big American brands have been brewed by Canadian breweries since they arrived here - Coors and Miller by Molson, Bud by Labatt. So it should be no surprise that in the last few years, Molson and Coors have merged and Labatt has joined that big conglomerate that A-B is part of.

We got the same "Whazzzzup" commercials here, but I suppose if a Canadian equivalent were needed, it would be "Gaaaaaah'day!" which is how my buddies and I actually used to greet each other back in the day. It's "G'day" but with more oomph. To say it right, the first syllable should be long and loose, and the second syllable short and clipped.

For a Canadian beer slogan that became a catchphrase for a while, we had Molson playing on patriotism:
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

And one of my favourite parodies, by the Shatman himself:
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

I drink Bud almost religiously. I tried lots of different beer though, Most of what you guys named I have had one time or another Past, Labatt Blue which is actually pretty cheap in price over here, Rogue beers like Dead Guy Ale etc. I go to Bud when I just hanging with friends drinking. I do get made fun of though, I'm the only guy who drinks Bud with in my circle of friends. Drink

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pilgermann

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 11:54:57 PM »

I'm hardly a fan of beer, most of it just grosses me out, but I can tolerate Budweiser Select.  Only other beers I've had that I'd drink again are Smithwicks and Labatt Blue.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »

All my uncles are crazy in love with Budweiser!  I prefer the Budweiser frog commercials.
Bud is the ONLY beer I will drink.  Well, prefer to drink. 

Some parties I go to, if they have beer, they'll get COORS ( Lookingup) or Miller Lite ( Hatred).  I'll drink the other beers if Bud is unavailable, but I definitely love the taste of an ice cold Budweiser, especially after a long day of work in a hot environment.  Funny thing is, I hate the other Bud variations (Light, Ice, Lime).

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Budweiser comes to South Africa! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.