Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:40:17 PM
714378 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie from the late 70s about a three toed grizzly « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie from the late 70s about a three toed grizzly  (Read 5870 times)
ROgerbone
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »

It started out like a documenter about three bears a mom, sister, and brother which had three toes and his name was Mosomseewab-(sp??)  and then it morphed in to a movie about a young native American searching for his past and some how there paths intertwined. I think it may have been made by Disney.
bluecheeze
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 01:01:52 PM »

I can remember it.
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »

Is it "The Prophecy" (1979)?

http://www.amazon.com/Prophecy-Robert-Foxworth/dp/B00005RDAI

John Frankenheimer updates the mutant-monster films of the 1950s with a modern environmental twist in this well-meaning but cliché-ridden late-'70s horror film. Robert Foxworth is so earnest it hurts as a rabble-rousing ghetto doctor who packs up his pregnant wife (Talia Shire) and heads out to the Maine woods to investigate claims of environmental pollution. That's the least of his concerns when a gooey mutant grizzly goes on the rampage and he joins forces with Native American activist Armand Assante (wearing his humorless resolve like war paint) to get out of the woods. Frankenheimer is a good director saddled with a bad, blunt script, and like a pro he delivers the requisite gore and even racks up the tension in a terrific opening chase. But even he can't overcome the clumsiest collection of deformed woodland creatures to claw their way through a monster movie. --Sean Axmaker

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »

Prophecy is nothing like the movie Rogerbone describes.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

Certainly not "The Prophecy."

I want to point out that both the original poster and the first person who replied (bluecheeze) posted from the same computer.  That is suspect and means it is possible the film described is a prank.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 07:46:24 PM »

Prophecy is nothing like the movie Rogerbone describes.

I must have been in a hurry to read his description, because I don't know how I came to the conclusion that I did. I think I jumbled a few things in my head.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Pamela3000
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 05:20:16 PM »

Could this be the film?

"King of the Grizzlies" (1970)

Plot:

"Moki (John Yesno) is the Indian foreman at a ranch owned by The Colonel (Chris Higgins). He watches as a baby grizzly bear becomes his playful friend before going off on his own. Years later, the bear returns as a menacing adult and threatens the cattle protected by Moki. When the Colonel wants to kill the bear, Moki interferes. The bear remembers his old friend Moki and seeks another way to satisfy his ravenous hunger in this tepid Walt Disney feature narrated by Winston Hibler."
- Dan Pavlides, All Movie Guide
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie from the late 70s about a three toed grizzly « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.