Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:47:42 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Any stations have "Late Night movies" any more? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any stations have "Late Night movies" any more?  (Read 6116 times)
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 07, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

Hi
Was wondering if any cable networks, or even individual stations do late night bad movies any more, with or without a host. I know it's nothing like it used to be, just wondered if it's surviving in any form.

I know WGN has "Movie Underground" on Fridays and we have a local station in Rochester that has "Off beat cinema" late Friday nights, usually the $1 DVD type stuff.

Thanks, just curious

Scott  Cheers
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:22:43 PM »

TCM shows it's "Underground" series of cult movies really late at night, 2 A.M. Saturday mornings, I believe.  Too late for me, but they have had some major movie events like showing BLOOD FREAK and FASTER p***yCAT and even the ultra-rare SKIDOO.  Wish I could figure out how to set my VCR since I lost the remote.   Hatred

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »

It ain't like the old days, thou.

Small | Large

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asO97gdn2o

Small | Large

Small | Large

This one runs thew gamut....

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:53:06 AM »

Wow .. thanks for those clips Merchant, enjoyed them. Makes me long for the good ole days.  Cheers
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:20:53 PM »

now it's just infomercials  Thumbdown
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:46:45 PM »

I know that's the case for the most part, and it sucks, but just wondered if anyone has come across anything. Like I said, in Rochester they have "offbeat cinema" late Saturday nights ... think it originates out of Buffalo and is carried in several markets.

They had Day of the Triffids the other night.
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »

Bit of an update for anyone who is curious .. the "Offbeat Cinema" originates from WKBW out of Buffalo (Channel 7) it's somewhat popular and has been picked up in several markets across the country (it's shown in Rochester). The program airs at midnight on Saturdays. Last night they showed Attack of the Giant Leeches.

Cheers
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:44:18 PM »

Haven't lived in the Tulsa area for years, but I'm sure the local horror movie shows are long gone as they tend to be in most areas.  Here is a write-up on one of the last fun local shows, and check out who used to be on the show:

http://tulsatvmemories.com/creature.html
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »

Haven't lived in the Tulsa area for years, but I'm sure the local horror movie shows are long gone as they tend to be in most areas.  Here is a write-up on one of the last fun local shows, and check out who used to be on the show:

I had forgotten all about those guys! I remember during one of the movies Sherman Oaks and Steve Pickle made "Bermuda Triangles" by cutting triangles out of Bermuda shorts, and some other stuff too. Thanks for the memories!
Javakoala
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »

I had forgotten all about those guys! I remember during one of the movies Sherman Oaks and Steve Pickle made "Bermuda Triangles" by cutting triangles out of Bermuda shorts, and some other stuff too. Thanks for the memories!

My favorite was the episode where Sherman drove around in the Nash Rambler. Insane crap. And the movie were mostly uncut. The bloodiest was "Tower Of Evil". Love that movie.
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:46 PM »

My favorite was the episode where Sherman drove around in the Nash Rambler. Insane crap. And the movie were mostly uncut. The bloodiest was "Tower Of Evil". Love that movie.

Drove around in the Rambler with the Mr. Microphone; "Hey Good Lookin', I'll be back to pick you up later!!! Oh, that was a guy..."
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

I think that KSMO channel 62,which used to be UHF back in the 80's,still shows movies Monday-Friday at 2 AM.Nothing really good though,usually straight to video Billy Baldwin type crap.
And I think too that some of the real old channels(KMBC for one)show movies early in the morning.
These are all in Kansas City.
Not sure if they qualify as "late night".More like late late night,i guess.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Any stations have "Late Night movies" any more? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.