Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:42:07 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held  (Read 4177 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 31, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »

Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held 
WICHITA, Kan. – Dr. George Tiller, one of the nation's few providers of late-term abortions despite decades of protests and attacks, was shot and killed Sunday in a church where he was serving as an usher.

The gunman fled, but a 51-year-old suspect was detained some 170 miles away in suburban Kansas City three hours after the shooting, Wichita Deputy Police Chief Tom Stolz said... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tiller_shooting 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:21:21 AM »

I think abortion . . . particularly late-term abortion - is a very wrong thing.

Murdering someone in cold blood is also wrong.

Two wrongs cannot, and never have, made a right.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:53:37 AM »

I'm anti-abortion as well.... murder is murder. Pro-life fanatics who kill are no different then abortionists. F@cking idiots.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »

I'm fine with abortion.

I'm not so keen on killing something that's already popped out the womb.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

While I certainly think it's awful what happened here, and I believe abortion should be legal, I actually can understand the motivations of such murders pretty easily. 

I sometimes wonder how I'd feel if I found out, say, someone who lived a few miles from me murdered people regularly, and in fact had been doing so for decades...  And the government knew about and decided the way he did it was legal and opted not to interfere.  Obviously, this isn't the way I view abortion, but that's pretty much how such extremists view it, I think.
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »

And yet another reason I feel uncomfortable telling people what state I live in.

Oklahoma wasn't much better. We had a whacko politician there who wanted a constitutional ban on Garbage Pail Kids cards.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »

i live in wichita,and i'll happily tell you that dr.tiller saved my life, and it wasn't through an abortion(although i am pro-choice). he happened to be doing pro bono work at the health clinic, i came in with major pain, and he got me to a hospital and did emergency surgery, as i had had 2 cysts burst in my uterus.
the first doctor to see me told me it was indigestion! i could have died of peritonitis before anything was done, if it wasn't for him actually listening to me.
he was a good man.did you know he also helped to coordinate an adoption service?
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 10:05:28 PM »

i live in wichita,and i'll happily tell you that dr.tiller saved my life, and it wasn't through an abortion(although i am pro-choice). he happened to be doing pro bono work at the health clinic, i came in with major pain, and he got me to a hospital and did emergency surgery, as i had had 2 cysts burst in my uterus.
the first doctor to see me told me it was indigestion! i could have died of peritonitis before anything was done, if it wasn't for him actually listening to me.
he was a good man.did you know he also helped to coordinate an adoption service?

Maybe someone should have explained this to the idiot who killed him-before he killed him.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.