Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:56 AM
713343 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The name of the town or city you were born in? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The name of the town or city you were born in?  (Read 10989 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 05:57:41 AM »

Lebanon Hospital in the Bronx,NYC. I think Bronx is an Indian word for 'big sh!thole".

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:19 AM »

Lebanon Hospital in the Bronx,NYC. I think Bronx is an Indian word for 'big sh!thole".

If that area brought you into the world, RC then I think it was possibly one of the best places in the world.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »

Fairchid.  I don't know where the name came from, but being as it is an Airforce Base, I can only guess it was the name of a semi-famous military person or politician.  It is one of the only tanker bases left in the US. 
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:39 AM »

Ehrling Berquit Hospital, on Offutt Air Force Base in Bellevue, Nebraska.  Its basically a suburb of Omaha.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
3mnkids

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »

Belleville, IL. I moved back to the area a few years ago after living in FL for 20 years. Its nice being back, i missed the changing of the seasons.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:47 PM »

I was born in Ormand Beach, Florida.  Most modern maps and Google listing-related sites claim there is no such place.  My guess is that it was absorbed into greater Daytona Beach at some point.  I've seen pictures of me growing up there & our house & yard, etc., but we moved to Virginia when I was 2, and I have no memory of Ormand Beach whatever.  We drove back through when I was 9 or 10, and I recall Mom pointing the house out to me -- swimming-pool green concrete block construction (My Dad was Navy).

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »

Nothing strange about the name of the town, where I was born. Bremerton, Washington. Named after the man who founded the town, William Bremer. What may be strange is why he settled there, or why would a German settle in an area that was almost entirely Norwegian?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »

If that area brought you into the world, RC then I think it was possibly one of the best places in the world.  Smile

Flattery will get you everywhere. Too bad yer not a hot girl with big t!tties.... Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

"Cujo, where are ya boy?"

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

hmmm...my birth town or town of origin is in Nashville, Tn. nothing special about that other than its obvious musical heritage. Oh yeah, the hospital I was born in was torn down a little while after I was born and is scheduled to be rebuilt in the following years...interesting how long it takes for someone to decide to rebuild an old hospital. Smile

"Oh,there will be blood."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 01:39:19 AM »

If that area brought you into the world, RC then I think it was possibly one of the best places in the world.  Smile

Flattery will get you everywhere. Too bad yer not a hot girl with big t!tties.... Twirling

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

(Trevor clears throat)

Since we last spoke, RC, I've had a few minor adjustments made to me.....

TeddyR Smile
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:42:35 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

If that area brought you into the world, RC then I think it was possibly one of the best places in the world.  Smile

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

(Trevor clears throat)

Since we last spoke, RC, I've had a few minor adjustments made to me.....

TeddyR Smile

A big improvement, but knowing how dirty the underpants are, I'm still turned off.   Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »

North Tonawanda.  It's Iroquois (most likely the Seneca dialect) for "North place of swiftly-flowing water."  The neighboring towns are the Town of Tonawanda and the City of Tonawanda. 

I was born in Erie County Hospital in Buffalo, just south of North Tonawanda, while it's nice to visit the relatives once in a while I actually prefer living in La-La Land, California. Mainly because events like the one described on the shirt don't happen here.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »

Why is it always The Bronx? It isn't The Brooklyn. And has anybody ever seen one Bronk?

Actually, I kinda know Lebanon Hospital, if it's the same place (would it also be called Bronx-Lebanon?). My grandpa's last illness was there.

And believe it or not, I've found myself in the Bronx a lot lately, in a section called Riverdale which is pretty nice. I suspect it's a little different from the part you're talking about.

In answer to the question, I was born in Syracuse, NY. Kind of in the middle of the state, not too far from Lake Ontario (one of the Great Lakes) and also near the somewhat famous Finger Lakes. Old glacier country. Glaciers carved out the fingers of the Finger Lakes. Pretty country in many ways, lots of beautiful rivers and lakes. Syracuse managed to poison their own lake, Onondaga. The local Onondaga tribe was one of the Six Nations which you may have heard of: Onondaga, Oneida, Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Tuscarora (together called the Iroquois).

The area is also famous for apples, especially the Cortland. You can keep your "Delicious" apples, I'll take a Cortland any day.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 07:42:39 PM »

Why is it always The Bronx? It isn't The Brooklyn. And has anybody ever seen one Bronk?

Actually, I kinda know Lebanon Hospital, if it's the same place (would it also be called Bronx-Lebanon?). My grandpa's last illness was there.

And believe it or not, I've found myself in the Bronx a lot lately, in a section called Riverdale which is pretty nice. I suspect it's a little different from the part you're talking about.

In answer to the question, I was born in Syracuse, NY. Kind of in the middle of the state, not too far from Lake Ontario (one of the Great Lakes) and also near the somewhat famous Finger Lakes. Old glacier country. Glaciers carved out the fingers of the Finger Lakes. Pretty country in many ways, lots of beautiful rivers and lakes. Syracuse managed to poison their own lake, Onondaga. The local Onondaga tribe was one of the Six Nations which you may have heard of: Onondaga, Oneida, Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Tuscarora (together called the Iroquois).

The area is also famous for apples, especially the Cortland. You can keep your "Delicious" apples, I'll take a Cortland any day.

The area of the Bronx I was born is near between Fordum and Pelham Parkway...about 3 blocks from Poe Park!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »

Ypsilanti, MI.  That's pronounced ipp-sill-ANTE, not yip-sill-ante.  It's named after a local Civil War hero.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The name of the town or city you were born in? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.