Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:19 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  ONE STEP BEYOND « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ONE STEP BEYOND  (Read 3293 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: July 28, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »

I bought a 4 disc set of the old 1950's show ONE STEP BEYOND. This show aired before the TWLIGHT ZONE-before the OUTER LIMITS.
 Hosted by John Newland,this was supposedly true stories of supernatural happinings.
The best part-in my eyes-are all the wonderful actors in early roles: Christopher Lee,Frank Loggia,Susan Pleanshette,Cloris Leachman,Pernall Roberts,Whit Bissel-soooo many more-! All hosted by Mr.Newland-who was eerie and fatherly at the same time. I recommened looking up this set!

Small | Large

Here's a clip with Susan Plenshette-who is VERY hot!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:21:58 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »

Didn't "One Step Beyond" start the same year as "Twilight Zone"?   

"One Step Beyond" is one of the earliest TV scare memories for me.  There was an episode with an invisible giant strangling people and crushing their faces in the process and a death mask taken from a victim... don't remember too much else. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:06:32 PM »

"One Step Beyond" is one of the earliest TV scare memories for me.  There was an episode with an invisible giant strangling people and crushing their faces in the process and a death mask taken from a victim... don't remember too much else. 

I rckon yer right-both '59! Thanks for cluing me in-I thought it was older.

The 'Death Mask" episode your thinking of my be this one-

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 01:00:09 AM »

I rckon yer right-both '59! Thanks for cluing me in-I thought it was older.

The 'Death Mask" episode your thinking of my be this one-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhZyffcQwls
That's an odd coincidence; in doing my searching I watched a long bit of a Google video of the beginning of that episode!  However, that ain't the one...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »

There's still loads from this series I've yet to see but some of the spooky and more memorable episodes I've seen include:

The Dark Room: a young photographer (played by Cloris Leachman) rents a small room in an old French house hoping to capture the essence of the French people but gets more than she expected when a man suddenly and unexpectedly appears in her house one day. We eventually learn there's more than meets the eye to this story.

The Captain's Guests: an haunting tale of possession that occurs after a couple hoping to reignite the marital flame moves into an house the locals warn isn't altogther "friendly". The painting in this episode provides quite the memorable presence throughout.

Ordeal on Locust Street: A family struggles to survive and overcome when their son is born with an hideous deformity. "What I saw didn't belong in a house...what I saw belongs in the sea."

The Earthquake: A lowly bellhop has visions of the impending 1906 Great San Francisco Earthquake but no one will believe him. A very stirring performance from David Opatoshu in the lead here.

The Clown: When a jealous husband commits heinous murder of his loving wife, a clown she befriends haunts and terrorizes him. Said clown does so without ever taking a step outside his trailer.

Tidal Wave: a woman confined to a wheelchair seeks aid and assistance to escape an impending tidal wave but no one it seems hears her plea until she meets a man incapable of hearing the warning sirens.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  ONE STEP BEYOND « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.