Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:00 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm surprised this one has never turned up before on the site « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm surprised this one has never turned up before on the site  (Read 3551 times)
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 18, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »

But maybe someone has already mentioned it before on here, either way, the movie I would like to talk about today is DOMINATOR - The first-ever British CGI movie. Hoo boy, this thing even has an interesting history to it (along with a few ugly details).

Small | Large

See what you think for yourselves!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:02:48 AM by BUREINPARESU » Logged
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »

Fascinating.... Buggedout
peter johnson

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »

Hmm - Go back and check the archives -- I'm almost certain there was some discussion of this at some point - or maybe I'm confusing the title with something else -

oh, well -- Looks like tripe! . . . We love tripe!!

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »

I searched, can't find anything except one post that didn't get any replies, unless I'm not looking hard enough.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »

Looks like cut scenes from a PS1.

Stiil, I'd want to see it

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »

That is some serious badness of extraordinary magnitude... poor Doug Bradley should have known better. Still I liked it much better when it was a Severed Heads video TeddyR

Small | Large

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »

Wow.  No wonder the character animation looks..  Like that.  It was made partly in poser.   Buggedout
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 03:18:08 AM »

I'll get round to posting about this production's actual history soon, bit busy right now.
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »

Bump and a double post, but here's that history I promised for all those who may be interested.

-First printed as a small comic in music magazine Metal Hammer in the late 80s, written and illustrated by artist Tony Luke.

-Picked up by Japanese publishing giant Kodansha to be revamped in 1993, ran alongside the likes of Oh! My Goddess and Gunsmith Cats, even had a crossover with a series called Get a Grip! Tsuyoshi. Was written by Alan Grant and illustrated by Tony Luke.

-Work begins on what was supposed to be a downloadable series made for small-budget CG in 1999/2000, adapted from the manga version of Dominator.

-Project is halted when Tony Luke gets cancer, depression keeps project on hiatus for a while.

-UK Sci-Fi Channel tells Tony Luke they want to turn Dominator into a film, he is given limited time and funding for voice actors (voice actors include Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth, Doug Bradley, Ingrid Pitt, Liza Goddard, Alex Cox and British Radio 1 comedy DJs Mark & Lard), old CG footage is salvaged from drafts with only a few updates able to be made. Alan Grant only has enough time to do one script revision.

-Film premiered in 2002, Tony Luke survives cancer.

-DVD released in 2003, word of a sequel begins to circulate.

-Heavy Metal 2000 crossover occurs in 2005, sequel rumours still in circulation.

-No longer a sequel but instead a bigger-budget revamp is going to happen with a manga illustrated by Masanori Shino in the works.

-Various funding problems and license-holder issues means Dominator remake is canceled, only thing to come out of it was a working trailer and a pilot manga.

"Somewhere along the line Tony Luke just said it was s**t and he made it for a laugh because the Sci-Fi Channel were dicks."

A few random scans of the manga for anyone interested, it's insanely-obscure. http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8413/scan0006n.jpg
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm surprised this one has never turned up before on the site « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.