Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:37 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Pop star Michael Jackson dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Pop star Michael Jackson dead  (Read 61934 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 11:58:15 PM »

MICHAEL, personally, was a mess.  And too often absurd.  Just watch the 12 minute "Rock My World" video on YouTube and you'll see (or remember) how full of sh!t his machine was.  As I wrote, "troubling at best".  I am nonetheless stunned, saddened, and mournful at his death.  MICHAEL's death is not just some personal tragedy, waste, or horror. 

MICHAEL's death is monumental.  MICHAEL's death is about us. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:02:34 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »

Aint it funny, how the press couldn't hate this guy enough over the last 15 or 20 years, & now they can't stop fawning over him.
 Question

I was saying the same exact thing. The media is just full of such hypocrites.

I don't think he's the greatest entertainer, but he was a fabulous artist who transcended to the highest level of the entertainment world. Like Elvis, Lennon, Hendrix etc... there's only one Michael Jackson. Let's hope he finds the peace now that eluded him his entire life.

Isn't it also sad that here's a man who had everything. Who most people would be satisfied to have a sliver of what we perceived him having, and yet he was terribly alone and isolated from living. It's extremely sad.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 04:38:57 AM »

Boy you guy are heartless RC Merchant, Akiratubo, Dogget the guy had a mess up life his father emotional,verbal,physical abuse him and his brothers. I bet if your dad did that to you I bet you be a little mess up in the head. Still MJ will always be one of greatest entertainers of all time. Bluesad

Lookingup

Sigh

The guy was a creepy freak.
A talanted freak...a freak not of his creating...but a freak none the less

Sorry.

I don't think there's as much fun to be had here as there was from DC's death....

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 06:12:09 AM »

Boy you guy are heartless RC Merchant, Akiratubo, Dogget the guy had a mess up life his father emotional,verbal,physical abuse him and his brothers. I bet if your dad did that to you I bet you be a little mess up in the head. Still MJ will always be one of greatest entertainers of all time. Bluesad

John Wayne Gacy had a rotton childhood too. It didn't break my heart when he took a sh!t either. If I feel sorry for anyone-it's the kids he molested.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 08:04:17 AM »

As for abusive childhoods, I survived one myself and I didn't turn into some sort of train wreck. And yep it was the tell you you are worthless, treat you like crap, and beat you with their fist type of childhood. So I loathe those who like to try to claim that as a defense for someone's behavior.

As far as Michael Jackson, I figure a few things are going to happen and willing to lay odds on them.

First, I figure whomever owns Neverland Ranch is going to turn it into a tourist attraction similar to Graceland. There is just too much money that can be made, especially now that Jackson is dead, off that place. Hardcore fans will flock to it like it was their Mecca and others will want to visit it with the intrest of viewing a freakshow. My odds for this are 2:1

Second, someone is going to claim Michael Jackson was murdered by a conspiracy. Why? Because people love a good conspiracy theory and every celebrity that dies before they reach 65+ usually has one attached to them. These almost always pop up when a celeb dies suddenly as Jackson did. Figure someone will (if not already) have started circulating rumors that he was murdered by a shadow group that was out to get him because of his success, fame, or history acquittals for child molestation charges. My odds for this 1:1

Third, I figure with in the next 2 to 5 years, we will get Michael Jackson sighting fuelling the rumor that he faked his death. Somebody will be in their local grocery store, Wal-Mart, or whatever and claim they seen him. Tabloids will pick up the rumor and run with it fuelling it further. All this despite the fact that with the advent of the internet, the rabid way the entertainment media run these days, and the fact that there is too much money to be made by proving any celebrity faked their death, people will insist that he faked his death. Like him or not, Jackson was one of the few big celebs known world wide that you honestly can expect to have someone claim this about because they seen a guy leaving the 7-11 int he middle of the night in a bathrobe who might vaguely resemble him that just bought a pack of M&M's and a Pepsi. My odds for this 3:1

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »

Ok gang up on me I don't care I'm just saying what you guys don't want nobody to say on here that he still a great entertainer and that I feel sorry that he didn't have a childhood. Now RC Merchant putting MJ with Gacy is just plane stupid just like when people saying Obama is like Hitler.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »

I for one never believed that Michael Jackson molested any of those children.
I never believed it then and I don't now.

Read this short article by Roger Ebert.  He pretty much nailed down why Michael was the way he was.

Read it HERE.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:35 PM »

Ok gang up on me I don't care I'm just saying what you guys don't want nobody to say on here that he still a great entertainer and that I feel sorry that he didn't have a childhood. Now RC Merchant putting MJ with Gacy is just plane stupid just like when people saying Obama is like Hitler.

They're just responding to your initial comments.   I don't think they're ganging up on you and there are people on here who echo your sentiments about MJ's talent, myself included.  Its obvious MJ's death has sparked a huge range of mixed emotions in the world and this board is no different. The most common I'm finding here and elsewhere is the man was a remarkable entertainer.   However, people can't overlook that he had odd personal issues that honestly led to his downfalls.  Those issues are going to invoke some "good f-him" responses in the world which is understandable.  Although I am not condoning his wrong life decisions, I chose to try to remember him as a man who gave me several hours of entertainment in the 80s.  A guy who put music video on the map with Triller and Billy Jean.  Kind of like people who choose to remember Elvis respectively as the handsome, well cut guy and not the overweight wreck he was at the end of his career.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 01:02:53 PM »

If only he died naked, tied up and maturbating in a wardrobe...
Then we could have fun on this thread and we wouldn't care about his...dubious...is that a good word to use...It'll do...life.
And we wouldn't be arguing with each other. C'mon guys, we're all friends here, no need to get rough.

Why can't all deaths be like David's ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on MJ. To say the least his behavior actually on screen was peculiar. When the first go round of molestation charges were aimed at him, I firmly believed he was guilty. Due to what I heard from the media. Then when the trial the second time came round, I firmly believed he was innocent, after hearing him in those bizarre interviews he did.

People made fun and found him bizarre because he liked to sit in a tree, play with kids and even have little boys sleep in the same bed (or room) as him. But, he's Michael Jackson, these kids LOVE him. They want to be around him 24 hours a day. MJ said repeatedly he missed not having a childhood. Well, Neverland afforded him the luxury of having a childhood.

Is it weird? I don't honestly think so.

Is the plastic surgery bizarre? For us maybe, but not for him. He was judged a lot for his looks, and that's not really anyone's business but his own.

We're all too ready to judge without knowing all the facts, and disregarding the ones that don't fit our outcome.

If he molested little boys that's an entirely different story. He was never convicted of the crimes, and when the amount of money is on the line that MJ had, questions do rise as to why a parent would let their child spend so much time alone with someone like MJ.

Regardless, I feel sorry for him. Because he was so talented, made millions smile, had the world on a string, and was completely miserable.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »

Personally, I couldn't stand his music, and his antics were downright gross to me. I find it hard to believe he was innocent of all the molestation accusations, especially with the huge payoffs to drop the case(s). That's called blackmail when the person is innocent, and even if MJ didn't know that, surely the team of lawyers that defended him did. "Innocent until proven guilty" only applies to the court, the rest of us are allowed to use discretion. When a person is accused of something, typically they hide if if they're guilty, and bring it to light if they're innocent. He tried to hide it.
As for the whole "unhappy childhood" crap, BFD. Many people have childhoods that are as bad or even worse, it's still not an excuse, especially considering the resources he has to deal with it through therapy.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »

For one thing...I'm not jumping on you. If I jumped on you...you would know it. Second-comparing Jackson to Gacy-Gacy was a criminal pervert and so was  Jackson. I merely stated that Gacy had a rotton childhood as well...but that doesn't escuse him for his crimes. In my eyes, a child molester is scum. I had a rotton childhood as well. But I don't kill people and hide them in my basement,or molest little boys. He was mentally sick? Sure. But you shoot rabid dogs . Because they are uncontrolable and dangerous.

Of course this is merely my opinion. I don't knock you for yours.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
3mnkids

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 05:19:07 PM »

I think its a sad commentary that "celebrity" allows you to get away with things that the majority of the population would be crucified for. But a celebrity? no. People let them off way to easy. Jackson, O.J. Robert Blake.. you get the gist. And its not just violent crimes like murder or molestation but drugs, car accidents, stealing.. it boggles my mind.

Jackson may have had a terrible childhood but that doesn't negate what he has done.

Im curious what will happen to his children? Do they have a chance at a normal life? If they go with his family, considering the abuse allegations, it doesnt seem like they will. If they go with their biological mother who had them for money, gave them away for money and will only take them back because of money, normal seems unlikely.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 05:28:14 PM »

Either he really did molest those children...
or the media lead him to his grave and killed him.

I'm really hoping he wasn't a child molester; it would be so sad for someone to waste that kind of talent that people like Bob Marley, Elvis and John Lennon have.

Not to sound paranoid, but it seems like the media feels guilty about something-- why are they playing his videos and his songs everywhere?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »

Either he really did molest those children...
or the media lead him to his grave and killed him.

I'm really hoping he wasn't a child molester; it would be so sad for someone to waste that kind of talent that people like Bob Marley, Elvis and John Lennon have.

Not to sound paranoid, but it seems like the media feels guilty about something-- why are they playing his videos and his songs everywhere?

Why? RATINGS.MONEY.GREED.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Pop star Michael Jackson dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.