Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:40 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Why don't people like Die Hard 2 : Die Harder ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why don't people like Die Hard 2 : Die Harder ?  (Read 8963 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: June 26, 2009, 04:26:16 AM »

This really bothers me, I think it's one of the best action films ever made but according to DH fans it's the worst, even worse than 4.

Can you tell me why you don't like it ?

Or are most posters on the imdb idiots with no taste ?

Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:30:46 AM »

I liked it and it was great to see it, like Die Hard on a huge curved cinema screen where you felt that you were in the action and that there were gunshots going off around you and next to your ear.  Buggedout

To promote the film in Pretoria back then, the following happened:

Renny Harlin's Die Hard 2 ~ Die Harder, starring Bruce Willis and Bonnie Bedelia, is a success in South Africa this year, but the promotion of it backfires on Ster~Kinekor when someone at the Sterland theatre in Pretoria gets the bright idea of hoisting an aeroplane onto the roof of the theatre complex. This wonderful and well~thought out piece of promotion causes a serious car accident at the corner of Beatrix and Pretorius Streets when two drivers passing the Sterland were distracted by the sight of the aeroplane.

This is from my thesis Riding The High Wind.

Or maybe some people don't like it because they have something against Renny Harlin? I don't: he makes good movies. Smile
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:32:17 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:09:42 AM »

I think it's a decent action movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 06:14:22 AM »

I thought it was good to see they didn't go for a straight up re-do of the first movie.  Plus, Franco Nero!  Sadly, he did get to do much.

I thought the fourth was okay, but so over the top that they just need to stop now.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:20:21 AM »

I though it was very good.  Good action, characters, plot.  Absolutely loved the old Christmas song that started playing at the end.  Any movie where Bruce Willis says "Yippee-kayae mother f***er" is good in my book.  

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
dean

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:22 AM »

Or are most posters on the imdb idiots with no taste ?

That right there is your answer.

IMDB or Youtube comments/forums = dregs of human society.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »

IMDB or Youtube comments/forums = dregs of human society.

So true.

Die Hard 4 is so unmemorable that I even forgot that I have the poster of it in my room.
I see Bruce Willis's face everyday and I still forget. The only thing I can remember is when he fights a jet at the end.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »

I remember Die Hard being one of the first non-genre action movies I ever really liked.

I really liked the second one because it continued on in the same vein of everyday so-and-so against impossible odds. Plus the set pieces were bigger.

I did not like the third one. I thought the third movie was a parody of itself and not very good.

Oddly, I loved the fourth one, which had gone so far into parody it became entertaining again. Launching a car at a helicopter? Brilliant and brilliantly stupid.

I think the second one just slipped into the cracks that some good movies disappear into. For instance, I never hear anybody talk about Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Doggett

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that it's just the imdb and normal people think it's great.  Thumbup

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »

I like it, I prefer 1 and 3 but 2 is good. I think its just the forgotten one, it never gets shown or hyped up.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Neville

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 05:31:05 AM »

Basically I don't like Die Hard II because it's a f**king bore. Instead of the dynamic camerawork that John McTiernan used in the first one Harlin moves the camera around as if he is making a movie of the week. Then there's the plot, rehashing every "Airport" movie cliché, the annoying airport cop character, the TV reporter appearing again...

And the action is very silly and over the top. Admitted, it was that way in #1 too, but it had touches of reality here and there to make it more reasonable, like when Willis has to pull glass shards from his feet.

Not even the final action scenes can't save trhe movie from all this.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Doggett

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 06:38:10 AM »

And the action is very silly and over the top. Admitted, it was that way in #1 too, but it had touches of reality here and there to make it more reasonable, like when Willis has to pull glass shards from his feet.

What did you think of 3 and 4, Neville ?

Neville

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 07:36:06 AM »

That they are even more comic-bookish, but at least they are better made and quite entertaining.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 10:11:13 PM »

Die Hard 2 still isn't Renny Harlin's biggest Die Hard remake or ripoff.  Wouldn't that be this year's 12 Rounds with John Cena? 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 12:36:05 AM »

Am I the only 30something man in America that has never seen a Die Hard movie?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Why don't people like Die Hard 2 : Die Harder ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.