Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:01:08 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Why don't people like Die Hard 2 : Die Harder ? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why don't people like Die Hard 2 : Die Harder ?  (Read 8965 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 04:25:10 AM »

Probably (to the last two answers).

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 05:34:41 AM »

Am I the only 30something man in America that has never seen a Die Hard movie?

No.

You're the only 30 something man on the Earth who hasn't seen a Die Hard movie.  Wink

This song will bring you to speed. NSFW

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:17:43 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 05:59:32 AM »

Die Hard III is the only film in this series that I don't care for. Even as overblown and cheesy as IV was, it was still enjoyable. I guess I was put off by the whole running around the city to answer phone calls under a time limit scenario in movies. There is always no matter what one scene where the hero makes it to the phone a second too late, and the antagonist has to kill someone/blow up something to show they mean business.   

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Neville

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:40 AM »

I did enjoy that bit. But I though the whole thing went off rails with that stupid children-trapped-in-exploding-building-stuff, and the even sillier ending.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 06:09:17 AM »

I did enjoy that bit. But I though the whole thing went off rails with that stupid children-trapped-in-exploding-building-stuff, and the even sillier ending.

I liked the phone stuff too. The kids in the building was rubbish because you knew that they weren't gonna die and the ending was weak !
The ending wasn't silly, just weak.

One bottle of pain killers manages to lead McClane to the bad guys and their entire hideout ?!?!
C'mon !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Neville

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 06:12:54 AM »

There's this alternate ending they shot in the first place. It's pretty good, but I can't say it works better, in it McLane shows a rather mean side:

Small | Large

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »

Am I the only 30something man in America that has never seen a Die Hard movie?

Since I turned 40, yes you are.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »

Or are most posters on the imdb idiots with no taste ?

That right there is your answer.

IMDB or Youtube comments/forums = dregs of human society.

As a member of YouTube that has many accounts throughout the years (3 actually) and as a person who often reads the message boards on IMDB, I can safely say that you can find the most interolable and cruel people in the world on these sites.  Not the best places to go to find people with tact or here honest and fair balance statements.  Places like that are why I enjoy being here, where everyone is pleasant and tolerable to other people's personal beliefs and taste 97% of time.  The other 3 precent is a whole another story.

As for Die Hard 2, I have never watched it or any of the other movies in the series.  I did see the ending to number 2 and I think it looked like a good action flick.  It had one of my favorite death scenes where the guy gets shredded by the engine.  Reminds of The Incredibles and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I think the second one just slipped into the cracks that some good movies disappear into. For instance, I never hear anybody talk about Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Kind of a shame no one talks about that one.  I just watched it recently after not seeing it for a couple of years.  It was still good as before.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Why don't people like Die Hard 2 : Die Harder ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.