Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:59:38 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Kubrick Poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favorite Kubrick film?
Day of the Fight (1951)
Fear and Desire (1953)
Killers Kiss (1955)
the Killing (1956)
Paths of Glory (1957)
Spartacus (1960)
Lolita (1962)
Dr.Strangelove (1964)
2001: A Space Odessy (1968)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Barry Lyndon (1975)
the Shining (1980)
Full Metal Jacket (1987)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kubrick Poll  (Read 8593 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »

I voted A clockwork orange but it was a tough call between that and 2001 a space odyssey.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

I've only seen 3 of them.  The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.  I don't really have a lot of interest in Kubrick films.  I've got too many great bad movies to watch to start getting into Kubrick at this point.  The Shining wins by a mile in my book.  I love that movie.  A Clockwork Orange is OK, and I don't like 2001: A Space Odyssey.  That one had too much filler.  If it were trimmed down to its essential parts, it would have made a pretty decent Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode.
BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:50:23 PM by the ghoul » Logged
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

I've only seen 3 of them.  The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.  I don't really have a lot of interest in Kubrick films.  I've got too many great bad movies to watch to start getting into Kubrick at this point.  The Shining wins by a mile in my book.  I love that movie.  A Clockwork Orange is OK, and I don't like 2001: A Space Odyssey.  That one had too much filler.  If it were trimmed down to its essential parts, it would have made a pretty decent Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode.
BounceGiggle

Yeah, 2001 is a tough one, because it's more of an experience than a story. The narrative is only part of the story, and the setting is almost the whole point. It immerses the audience in a future world. A lot of people went just to see the groundbreaking effects that were unique in their time. I'm told that with all of the spectacle and the classical music, it was great for getting stoned in the theatre. Much of the experience is lost on home video. It's a skillfully made movie that wouldn't get made today, or at least wouldn't get a wide release.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 06:17:17 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

I've only seen 3 of them.  The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.  I don't really have a lot of interest in Kubrick films.  I've got too many great bad movies to watch to start getting into Kubrick at this point.  The Shining wins by a mile in my book.  I love that movie.  A Clockwork Orange is OK, and I don't like 2001: A Space Odyssey.  That one had too much filler.  If it were trimmed down to its essential parts, it would have made a pretty decent Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode.
That's not "filler" in 2001...  Lookingup  I can see why you'd not like the film; "trimmed down" to a "Twilight Zone" episode might give just enough exposition to hold your interest. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 12:07:43 PM »

Full Metal Jacket for me.  Thumbup

Pilgermann

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

I haven't seen all of his films but I voted for 2001 simply because it's one of my absolute favorite movies.  Blows me away!

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »

I'm in for a Clockwork Orange which was wonderfully odd.  McDowell's best work in a film IMHO and Kubrick's direction made it all the more disturbing yet lovable. 
agreed.  Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 07:48:16 PM »

A Clockwork Orange for me, I've always loved that movie.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »

Full Metal Jacket for me.  Thumbup
That first half is something else.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »

best director EVER!!

Technically I choose 2001, I think it's impossible to say more with less words, and 40 years after its FX are still amazing...but for what it means, for it braveness I choose a clockwork orange.

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »

I'm wondering if this thread/poll is a means to lure me back to posting again :)

I've seen all of Kubrick's work except Day of the Fight and Fear and Desire and I've at least watched parts of each of those (There's also another short called Flying Padre or something like that -haven't seen that at all).

Anyone who knows me knows that Eyes Wide Shut is my favorite, but mostly because (beyond what's mentioned above), it has distinct references to every single other work in his library. One weird example: there is a film in the background while Alice is in the kitchen that shows a movie directed by one of the stars of Fear and Desire. Talk about obscure!  One of my favorite, not so obvious references is in Killer's Kiss. In one shot you see the main character's neighbor lady in the window and I swear it's Alice (from EWS) looking back at us through her looking glass! It's fucccct up!

Anyway, honorable mention goes to Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, and A Clockwork Orange.

And for anyone that might be curious and who has a long memory, I had started a review/analysis of EWS a couple years ago (posted the first half) and realized I needed to rewatch the entire library before I could finish. Well, I'm still in research mode, honestly, but will one day take another stab at it. EWS alone is a heavy film and I want to touch on all the parallels throughout his work.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:50:37 PM by clockworkcanary » Logged

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 06:15:40 AM »

And for anyone that might be curious and who has a long memory, I had started a review/analysis of EWS a couple years ago (posted the first half) and realized I needed to rewatch the entire library before I could finish. Well, I'm still in research mode, honestly, but will one day take another stab at it. EWS alone is a heavy film and I want to touch on all the parallels throughout his work.

I have a long memory and yes, I do remember your Eyes Wide Shut review.
In fact, I remember posting on it and asking you when you were gonna release the second half of it.
Even though I love Eyes Wide Shut, (which I just watched again the other day) I've gotta go with A Clockwork Orange.
I've seen that film countless times and I never get tired of it.

Awesome movie!   Thumbup

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Kubrick Poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.