Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 08:47:14 AM
611541 Posts in 47216 Topics by 6295 Members
Latest Member: WendiWhiti
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 30672 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #780 on: Today at 03:29:53 AM »

Thanks all and glad your cat has recovered from his op.

I wish your cat had been saved too.  Bluesad

Hydra Dominatus!
Dark Alex
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #781 on: Today at 06:49:33 AM »

Not done this for a while, so lets see. 1665 days left in the job. What was happening that year?

Well, the girl with the pearl earing was painted, London was in the firm grip of The Great Plague which would end the following year with the twin 'blessings' of a very cold winter and The Great Fire of London (in which officially at least only 6 people died despite the fire destroying 70,000 out of the 90,000 inhabitants homes. Fun fact, more people have died falling of the monument to the great fire than this. Chances are though, they didn't bother recording the poor people that died though I'd imagine). The second Anglo Dutch War broke out. The worlds oldest surviving newspaper (London Gazette) was first published, 'Ye Bare & Ye Cubbe',  the first play in English in the American colonies, is performed in Pungoteague, Virginia. Robert Hooke's Micrographia is published in London, first applying the term 'cell' to plant tissue, which he discovered first in cork, then in living organisms, using a microscope. The University of Kiel is founded.

In less than two years, I'll be able to cover the Battles of Stamford Bridge and Hastings. Something to look forward to then.

Poor little Dagon. I am going to miss him. He'd finally started coming up an sitting on my lap (mostly as a safe place to sit where Ash couldn't chase him), which I've never had a problem with getting a cat to do before, but then one of the things I've always liked about cats is the little quirks in their personalities. Dogs are for people who like to be worshipped, while cats expect to be worshipped.

Think Kristi was surprised at how upset she was, but then she'd never had a pet before we got the rabbits and Dagon. I did try to keep him in the house at shift handover times on the camp when the roads are busiest, and that looks like how it happened. A black cat when it is dark isn't well equipped for avoiding cars.

Stress head Jim has just discovered the Bad Lip Synching Seagull's song with Yoda and is being highly amused by it. He's been down ever since sending an email that got him into a lot of trouble. Oh well, I am sure he'll cheer up by the end of next week with the holiday season on the way.

There is a secret song at the center of the world, Joey, and its sound is like razors through flesh.
Trevor
Doctor of Zombology
B-Movie Kraken

South African Film Activist and Chief Troublemaker

« Reply #782 on: Today at 06:58:16 AM »

My sympathies on your kitty's passing: I have nine feral cats here at work - which my mentor and I feed daily - and I would be heartbroken if any of them went.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.