Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2016, 04:04:38 AM
567525 Posts in 43564 Topics by 5674 Members
Latest Member: JorgBeaty
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, shoot, they're closing Hastings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, shoot, they're closing Hastings  (Read 46 times)
AoTFan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 22, 2016, 05:56:00 PM »

I just found out yesterday that Hastings filed bankruptcy and all the stores will be closing.  

For the uninitiated, Hastings is a chain of stores that has a variety of stuff.  They rent (and sell) movies, and games, along with books, comics, cards, posters music equipment, CDs, and all kinda of novelty stuff from (like action figures and things) from various pop culture stuff, like action figures from movies, anime, comics book, TV shows, you name it.  

I really liked the place, even though I never seemed to have much money to spend on anything.  I'd get a serious case of "Oh, my God, there's so much cool stuff to look at!  Where to start?" every time I went there. Plus it's been in our area for just over twenty years, so I don't know.. I guess it's silly, but I'm feeling kind of depressed about this.

Anyway, spoke to a worker there (feel sorry for those guys too) and he said they'll probably close in October.  Until then, they'll be doing sales each weeked to liquidate their merchandise.  

I suppose it was inevitable though, what with reading declining, and a lot people getting their movies and music online.  Still there's just something to be said  for actually having a physical place you can go and LOOK at stuff, you know?  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:20:56 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:13:09 PM »

Our local Hastings has been my second home for the last decade or more.
I am truly depressed about this.

"Carpe diem!" - Seize the day!  "Carpe per diem!" - Seize the daily living allowance! "Carpe carp!" - Seize the fish!
"Carpe Ngo Diem!" - Seize the South Vietnamese Dictator!
ER
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »

Lights out, Taps, farewell. The age of the bookstore is concluding, and with it comes a greater loss than we may at first realize.

In the past, the future.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, shoot, they're closing Hastings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.