Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:45 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  your local forest « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: your local forest  (Read 3270 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 01, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »

Sometime last summer I got really loaded and decided to see what was in the woods at the end of my dead end street.  I was surprised to find I ended up on some abandoned train tracks that went right to our town forest that I had occasionaly rode a mountain bike through and got drunk at a few times in high school.  I babysit my sisters kids once a week and we go there all the time now.  There is a frog pond with huge frogs that must be several years old.  I've seen deer, an otter,  many snakes and the tracks actually run through some farmers land thus expanding the animals to goats and chickens.  Add some cool rocks for climbing and you have babysitting gold.  Actually only the boy likes it, girl stays with grandma when we go. 

Anyone have any nature type business going on near home?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:09:56 AM »

When the film archives was in the grounds of the Union Buildings in Pretoria, we had a real zoo there, meerkats, rock hyraxes, all types of birds and some stray animals. All the more surprising since we were almost in the city centre.

I would prefer not to know what's happened to them ~ especially the hyraxes ~ since we've left.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »

Not much in the suburbs in the walking distance variety.  At least nothing of the wilderness type [just some big ass parks in some areas.]

I could do with some wilderness at the moment.  In two weeks I'll be camping up a mountain so I should get my fix that way...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »

I love meerkats.  my neighbors cat Pancakes imitates them
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »

Living a in a rural area we have a lot of forest land around. Granted some of it is new growth because of strip mining from the 80s in this area. Also you are subject to find natural gas wells pumping away in a lot of places as well around here. On my own property I got a small area of wilderness that exits to a paved road. It's enough to keep my home hidden from most of my neighbors so I don't have to be bothered by them too much when I want to do something odd.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:21:26 AM »

We have 17 acres enclosed in a fence for our goats, but we also own about 2.4 acres behind the pasture . . . it's unusable because of a deep gully that cuts through it, and densely grown up, but lots of coyotes, raccoons, bobcats, etc. abount out here.  We have cottontails all over our yard (the quicker ones, the slow ones become snacks for my two field dogs), and this morning I caught a box turtle next to the house . . . his shell was worn slick with time, and I bet he is older than my mother-in-law!  I LOVE living in the country and will never move to the city if I can help it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »

I love goats
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »

Near my place, in this godforsaken town that is Leyland, there is a small wooded area called "Shruggs Wood". It contains a very cold and dirty duck pond that I jumped into 4 years ago during a nervous breakdown. Other than that, there's nothing.  TongueOut

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  your local forest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.