Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:24 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Why Sarah Palin Quit « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Why Sarah Palin Quit  (Read 46597 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 04, 2009, 12:02:04 AM »

Why Sarah Palin Quit 
 In bowing out as Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin harkened back to her high school basketball days - although there was no sign of the "Barracuda," as she was nicknamed for her ability to cut through the opposing team's offenses. In a hastily called press conference on the eve of a three-day holiday, Palin presented herself as a point guard exhausted by the "full court press from the national level." The 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee explained how the metaphorical point guard should respond. "She drives through a full court press, protecting the ball, keeping her head up because she needs to keep her eye on the basket, and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can win," Palin said. "And I know when it's time to pass the ball for victory." Or take a timeout, as the case may be.

Palin's stunning announcement raised more questions than it answered: Is she bowing out of public life? Is there a more nefarious reason for her resignation after only two-and-half years in office - yet another G.O.P. scandal in the offing? Or is the woman who tops most G.O.P. 2012 shortlists to challenge Barack Obama stepping down to get a head start on her next presidential campaign? Palin took no questions after her unscripted, rambling address, and her comments seemed to hint both ways: that she's "passing the ball" of elected office, and that she plans on working for all Americans, not just Alaskans. "Some are going to question the timing of this and let me just say that this decision has been in the works for a while. In fact this decision comes after much consideration," Palin said, holding up her left index finger as she amended her thought, "Much prayer and consideration. And finally, I polled the most important people in my life, my kids. And the count was unanimous. While in response to asking, 'Hey, do you want me to be a positive influence and fight for all our children's futures from outside the governor's office?' it was four yeses and one 'Hell, yeah.' The 'Hell, yeah' sold it." (TIME Photographs: Sarah Palin...)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090704/us_time/08599190866900

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »

Best of luck to her!! Anyone the mainstream media worked so hard to destroy must be someone remarkable.  Depending on the opposition, she may well have my vote.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »

Best of luck to her!! Anyone the mainstream media worked so hard to destroy must be someone remarkable.  Depending on the opposition, she may well have my vote.

If she got the nomination, it means the Republican party has basically conceded the election already.  So, I think it is unlikely, even if she tried for it.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »

Personally, I want the candidate to be a real conservative first and foremost.  I'd rather lose on principle than win with someone who doesn't have any.

Secondly, if the GOP is going to stand a chance, we HAVE to nominate someone young and charismatic.  Obama and Clinton clearly demonstrated that young and hip will beat out old and grumpy every time, even if old and grumpy is a real war hero, and young and hip has no substance at all beyond their image.

Last of all, even though we took a good "woodshedding" from the voters last time around, don't write off the GOP!  If the "Cap and trade" bill passes the Senate and becomes law, it will create huge tax increases, enormous new federal bureaucracies, and massive unemployment.  The American body politic is a big ol' sluggish beast, but it can only take so much before it rises up and shakes off those bloodsucking parasites.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »

If she got the nomination, it means the Republican party has basically conceded the election already.  So, I think it is unlikely, even if she tried for it.

yeah, I dont think it will happen. She appeals only to the far right wing of the party. Also, if she cant handle the job of governing a state like Alaska it doesnt seem likely that she can run the country. Personally I think we dodged a huge bullet.  Had McCain won I would have been moving to Canada.   Smile      Not because of him really, although it did show his lack of vetting and disregard for what was best for the country with picking her, but because of her, she scares me.

I really hope we have seen the last of her. For someone who is so vocal about family being off limits she took every opportunity to shove them in the spotlight. She used them when it suited her agenda. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »

Personally, I want the candidate to be a real conservative first and foremost.  I'd rather lose on principle than win with someone who doesn't have any.

I'm unconvinced Palin is such a person.  She didn't seem to be any more classically conservative, to me at least, than most of other republicans. 

I also have to say, do people really find her charismatic?  I found her mannerisms quite irritating, which is basically the opposite. 
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »

even if old and grumpy is a real war hero

Being a war hero doesn't qualify anyone to run a country.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »

Barring any scandal, I would expect to see her on the ballot for the primaries. I honestly doubt she will win the Republican Party nomination however.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

Why Sarah Palin Quit 
...tops most G.O.P. 2012 shortlists to challenge Barack Obama...

I'm suspicious of that statement.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »

I'm unconvinced Palin is such a person.  She didn't seem to be any more classically conservative, to me at least, than most of other republicans. 

I also have to say, do people really find her charismatic?  I found her mannerisms quite irritating, which is basically the opposite. 

Yeah, she comes across as very cold. She's basically a more attractive version of Hilary.

Why Sarah Palin Quit 

I'm just plain suspicious...

*doggett whistles innocently...*

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »

Small | Large

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »

I'm not going to tell you what I think of Sarah Palin, because it includes nothing good.

As to why she quite, I think she's probably in one of those stages that people reach when they first become super famous. Like a pampered movie star, she has surrounded herself with people who only tell her the things she wants to hear. Granted, she has an inexplicable popularity with a certain segment of the populace, but her handlers are probably telling her that extends to everybody. It doesn't.

Politically, I don't think abandoning your post is ever going to help you, which is what she just did. Stranger things have happened, politics don't make much sense because people don't make much sense. They do love humiliating others, though, and Palin is well primed for a very public burn-out.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

Why Sarah Palin Quit 
Tryin' t'start somethin' smart a**?   BounceGiggle Thanks for crediting ME with "that statement..."  Lookingup  Hatred  Twirling  BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »

Why Sarah Palin Quit 
Tryin' t'start somethin' smart a**?   BounceGiggle Thanks for crediting ME with "that statement..."  Lookingup  Hatred  Twirling  BounceGiggle

Note to all: AHD did not write that suspect sentence.  Some Time reporter did, I guess. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
hellbilly
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 01:20:30 AM »

Small | Large

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Why Sarah Palin Quit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.