Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:09:12 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Why Sarah Palin Quit « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Why Sarah Palin Quit  (Read 46614 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

Well, I wasn't speaking of just veterans as a whole.  I was speaking specifically of those who have acquitted themselves with valor and distinction in combat.  Most - albeit not all - of them tend to be a cut above the average person you meet.

Well I HAVE been to combat, , and i can tell you you're reading way too much into it. You may have some grandiose idea that it somehow changes you or gives you some magical, divine knowledge that makes one qualified to run an entire country, but believe me, it doesn't.

War is a bitter crucible, and many good men melt in it . . . but others are tempered to become more than they ever would have otherwise.

You should work for Hallmark  Lookingup

That is something lifelong bureaucrats like Obama and Bill Clinton can never appreciate.

Why don't you just cut through the chase and say outright that you choose combat service as your measuring stick because the current Republican candidate has seen combat service, and the current and recent Democrats have not? I'm not sure what you have been watching, but nowhere have I seen Palin come off as intelligent. Maybe in comparison to George W, but that doesn't say much. And for the record, I was a republican until about halfway through Ws second term, I voted for him twice, so don't accuse me of blindly following either party.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:13:01 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 11:02:07 PM »

Well, I wasn't speaking of just veterans as a whole.  I was speaking specifically of those who have acquitted themselves with valor and distinction in combat.  Most - albeit not all - of them tend to be a cut above the average person you meet.

True, I have known some folks, both in my active duty time and since I got out, who do not seem to be improved one whit by their service to our country.  But many are, especially when they have been tried in the fires of combat and come out mentally intact.  War is a bitter crucible, and many good men melt in it . . . but others are tempered to become more than they ever would have otherwise.
Some real nice language there, Indiana, though retorts by Akiratubo and Ghouk are valid if not funny.  I learned a valuable lesson reading the last few comments.  Never take yourself too seriously.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 11:21:54 PM »

Did her teen daughter break-up with her husband?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Jim H

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:43 AM »

I was speaking specifically of those who have acquitted themselves with valor and distinction in combat.  Most - albeit not all - of them tend to be a cut above the average person you meet.

So...  You voted for Kerry, right?   Twirling
3mnkids

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 03:28:58 AM »

I'm not sure what you have been watching, but nowhere have I seen Palin come off as intelligent.

This is what I was wondering as well. I have never heard anything remotely intelligent come out of her mouth. Im amazed and quite frankly dumbfounded by people who say things like this. 

oh and McCain was a hot head.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 06:37:50 AM »

I hope we don't have a falling out over politics ! Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »

I hope we don't have a falling out over politics ! Bluesad
That, my friend, will never happen (again) on this forum.  Anyone who's been here 18 or so months or longer knows how admired Indiana is (our resident "bonehead" and I know Indy will get me) who has "acquitted himself" always as a considerate gent. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doggett

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »

Small | Large

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »

Did her teen daughter break-up with her husband?

They never got married, and as I understand it, no, they are not together.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »

Ghouck - it has little to do with the last election; that's over and done with till next time.

I think the bottom line is that I am a romantic idealist and you are a cynical skeptic.  Nuthin' bad about either position, but it will invariably lead us to opposite conclusions.

I hold myself properly scolded.

However, I will say this - the guys that won WW2 are STILL The Greatest Generation.

Period.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »

However, I will say this - the guys that won WW2 are STILL The Greatest Generation.

Period.

Greater than the guys that won the Revolutionary War?  Or would you care to revise your statement?  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »

No, I'll stick by it.  Our founders created a great nation.  But the WW2 generation saved the world, pure and simple, from the greatest danger it has ever faced.  And they paid a much more bitter price in blood.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Doggett

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 05:09:38 AM »

No, I'll stick by it.  Our founders created a great nation.  But the WW2 generation saved the world, pure and simple, from the greatest danger it has ever faced.  And they paid a much more bitter price in blood.

I'm assuming you mean all the ally troops and not just the US ones...

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 07:43:46 AM »

Specifically, I was referring to the U.S. troops.  The Brits were incredibly brave and definitely kept the fight going when no one else was in it, but they were hanging on by their fingernails and couldn't have won the war without help.  The Russians paid the biggest butcher's bill of all, and might have eventually crushed Hitler, but they were fighting for a system just as monstrous and evil as Nazisim, and for a leader who frankly made Hitler look like an amateur.  All three sides were necessary, however.  America could not have won alone.  But it was American participation that gave the victory the shape that it took.

No American GI's, no victory in World War II.  No Brits, no victory in World War II.  No Russians, possibly no victory in World War II.  It was British courage, Russian blood, and American steel combined that crushed fascism.

Doggett

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

No American GI's, no victory in World War II.  No Brits, no victory in World War II.  No Russians, possibly no victory in World War II.  It was British courage, Russian blood, and American steel combined that crushed fascism.

I'm glad you mentioned the Russians.  Thumbup
People forget how many they lost.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Why Sarah Palin Quit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.